Note 4 Stock Calculator - Talk Back

UniQue WerkX

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
My calculator is not talking! I'm going to have to try different methods to get it to talk. How about water boarding?! LOL

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Turning the volume down is not the same as stopping the talking back.

It worked for me I turned down media volume down no more feedback from the calculator ... To permanently disable the calculator audio feedback it has to do with accessibility/servics anything u have turned on under services turn it off calculator will not be audible when u use it...said the same and explain this several post back... If none of this work for u take the device back it's malfunctioning!!! Can't explain so many time this thread is 5 or 6 pages go back to beginning 1st or 2nd... Some people have nothing under accessibility/services so a work around turn down media sound calculator won't be audible.... If u have apps under services turned on turn them off calculator won't give audible feedback but your S Voice will.... U can't have apps under services on and use S Voice if it's on calculator talks S Voice don't if it's off calculator won't talk back but S Voice will... Don't know if it's carrier related note 4 I m with Tmobile.... And this is wht work for me... I don't have an issue anymore my calculator talks when I want it to which is never... I use my S Voice so Thts is permanently enabled.

Last edited:

JihadJoe

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I know this sounds INSANE, but this worked for me....

I was having this same issue with the calculator talking back (that's how I found this thread) and none of the solutions posted here worked for me. I'm on Verizon, not T-Mobile.

Frustrated, I downloaded another calculator app - Calculator Plus Free - and starting using it. Just for ****s/giggles I went back to the stock calculator app and it no longer talks back! My media volume is even up all the way. This is obviously some sort of glitch, possibly with TouchWiz.

winpeguy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I know this sounds INSANE, but this worked for me....

I was having this same issue with the calculator talking back (that's how I found this thread) and none of the solutions posted here worked for me. I'm on Verizon, not T-Mobile.

Frustrated, I downloaded another calculator app - Calculator Plus Free - and starting using it. Just for ****s/giggles I went back to the stock calculator app and it no longer talks back! My media volume is even up all the way. This is obviously some sort of glitch, possibly with TouchWiz.

Which app did you get

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having an issue where there is talk back in the stock calculator? It's very annoying and I can't find a way to turn it off. The Talk Back in my accessibility is off but yet the calculator still speak every time I press a number.

It's SO irritating! Mine just started doing this last night! Odd because I've used it daily since getting the phone October 23!! How do I turn this off! ?

Posted via the Android Central App

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
There is no way to turn it off and turning down the media sound is a cop out. I have had all 4 notes and this is the only one that has done this. Even the S5 doesn't do it so I can't understand why they had to pick a high end device to add that crappy voice to and on a calculator to boot!! I just might call Samsung and give them the low down and see what kind of response I get. :p

TheBond

Trusted Member
May 25, 2009
Visit site
it's *anything* in accessibility that's turned on that's causing it. i don't have fast fill but i had led blinker pro turned on and as soon as i turned it off, the calculator stopped talking. it sucks though, i hope there's a fix for this issue soon.

I must say this actually fixed it for me. I had Type On service enabled on mine. It seems like there's a bug in the Accessibility settings. I use Type On and can live without the stock calculator. Anyways good to get this sorted.

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I must say this actually fixed it for me. I had Type On service enabled on mine. It seems like there's a bug in the Accessibility settings. I use Type On and can live without the stock calculator. Anyways good to get this sorted.

glad it worked for you! definitely something with the accessibility settings, hopefully a future update will fix it. until then, it's great that other people won't be able to hear me doing simple calculations anymore. embarrassing! haha

envoyé avec mon Galaxy ®Note 4

Pumpkin Lover

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone having an issue where there is talk back in the stock calculator? It's very annoying and I can't find a way to turn it off. The Talk Back in my accessibility is off but yet the calculator still speak every time I press a number.

I just cleared the cache for the calculator & it stopped talking!! I know this is an older post but incase yous still have this problem give that a try! It worked for me!!

Last edited:

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just cleared the cache for the calculator & it stopped talking!! I know this is an older post but incase yous still have this problem give that a try! It worked for me!!

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. Going back to turn off service in accessibility.

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless

winpeguy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Calculator stopped talking!

I have an AT&T Note 4. PowerToggles were the only thing listed in my Accessibility > Services, but it was turned off. Removed PowerToggles and Calculator still talked.
AT&T Preinstalls Keeper. I disabled Keeper from the App Drawer and decided for some reason to move it out of the Disabled Apps. Once I did this, I went back to Accessibility > Services and Keeper FastFill was listed and it showed that it was on. I turned it off in here. Then I went to Applications > Application Manager and opened Keeper. I did a Force Stop, Clear Cache, Clear Data, and Turn Off. Back to my App Drawer, Keeper is now in the Disabled Apps. No more chatty Calc.

Pumpkin Lover

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I cleared my "cache" for the calculator in my app manager... That speed it from talking.... If yous are still having that problem try that, it worked for me!!

Posted via the Android Central App

EzE-2011

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
This actually worked for me on my Verizon Note 4, I was in the library and needed to do some quick calculations and it screamed "4!!", so thank you. The service I had running under Accessibility was the LG Bluetooth Reader that works with my LG Tones, so this solution helped me, I would check to be sure and just turn off all accessibility features (even if they are cool).

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
This actually worked for me on my Verizon Note 4, I was in the library and needed to do some quick calculations and it screamed "4!!", so thank you. The service I had running under Accessibility was the LG Bluetooth Reader that works with my LG Tones, so this solution helped me, I would check to be sure and just turn off all accessibility features (even if they are cool).

That could get you a date in a place like that. Seems to work in Chipolte.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/460967-my-note-4-just-landed-me-date.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol