My Note 4 is not reading the card from my S5. Its has my music and pics on it. Help!!
    10-18-2014 03:22 AM
    It may need to be formatted -- Which would not be the best since it does have music on it. Would you be able to transfer the music off the SD card to a PC, put it in your Note 4, then reformat it and see if it recognizes it?
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-18-2014 03:24 AM
    It may need to be formatted -- Which would not be the best since it does have music on it. Would you be able to transfer the music off the SD card to a PC, put it in your Note 4, then reformat it and see if it recognizes it?
    ^^^^ What he said.
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    10-18-2014 07:21 AM
    My Note 4 is not reading the card from my S5. Its has my music and pics on it. Help!!
    IMO, and when I swap cards, I copy the contents off to another source, then I format the card in the device. Then copy the contents from the temp source to the card.
    10-18-2014 09:00 AM
    NB: like Almeuit said. I have run into this before too (esp from HTC to Samsung), but I would also note that I had no problem this time merely popping my existing and used 128gb from my S4 into the Note 4. Everything works perfectly, without need of additional formatting. Also, this was a card that when new I simply popped into the S4, too. No formatting to get it to work out of the box.

Maybe Sammy and cards are becoming more friendly.
    10-18-2014 10:00 AM
    So are you guys saying i can put my 64bd ultra card in my s5?..without issue?.. i currently have 32gb in it.. but would love to get my 64gb in...more space..more fun!
    Sure, you should be able to easily move them around.
    BUT, it is important that you unmount the card before you remove it. The best why to do that is simply shut off the phone first.
    10-18-2014 10:20 AM
    It has to be a class 10 card

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    10-18-2014 12:04 PM
    It has to be a class 10 card

No it doesn't. It can be any SD card he chooses. I used a class 6 8GB ADATA in my Note 4 till this morning. Now it's got a Samsung 32GB Pro and works great! But I had no problems with the ADATA whatsoever.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-18-2014 01:19 PM
    No it doesn't. It can be any SD card he chooses. I used a class 6 8GB ADATA in my Note 4 till this morning. Now it's got a Samsung 32GB Pro and works great! But I had no problems with the ADATA whatsoever.
    I was told that the note series required a clasd 10 card

10-18-2014 02:09 PM
    Sure, you should be able to easily move them around.
    BUT, it is important that you unmount the card before you remove it. The best why to do that is simply shut off the phone first.
    There should be an option to unmount the SD card in the storage tab

10-18-2014 02:11 PM
    that's only because a class 10 card would provide sufficient speed for video recording, but you can still use a slower card if you'd like.
    10-18-2014 02:19 PM
    That is what I would have thought. There must be an unmount command somewhere. I guess it would be interesting to know if power down = unmount. I know that we can't hot swap or at least I remember reading it somewhere. Heck you have the back cover of the thing off anyway. I would prefer the phone be powered down anyway.
    10-18-2014 02:23 PM
    So I have that same Ultra 64 card I pulled from my Note 2. Popped it in the Note 4 and it works but it keeps un-mounting and re-mounting, it also screwed a picture I shot, last 1/4 of the photo is jacked up. I am going to copy it using my card reader on my computer and then format it using the Note 4. We will see if that fixes it if not back to Sandisk it goes again...
    10-18-2014 02:35 PM
    So I have that same Ultra 64 card I pulled from my Note 2. Popped it in the Note 4 and it works but it keeps un-mounting and re-mounting, it also screwed a picture I shot, last 1/4 of the photo is jacked up. I am going to copy it using my card reader on my computer and then format it using the Note 4. We will see if that fixes it if not back to Sandisk it goes again...
    Did you unmount the card before you removed it?

10-18-2014 02:43 PM
    Also with what Stackberry369 said, make sure it's seated in the slot good on the phone.
    10-19-2014 04:29 AM
    You can unmount and mount your sd card without powering off the phone.
    Pull down your notification menu from the top of the screen > hit settings > storage > unmount sd card > hit ok. You should get a "SD card safe to remove" message on top of your screen.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    10-19-2014 05:34 AM