Note 4 Anybody use ultra power saving mode?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anybody use ultra power saving mode?

Although that works, I wouldn't use the fast charging all the time. Lithium ions last longer if charged and discharged slowly. I believe that fast charging is a nice feature if you were in such a situation and needed to charge your phone. With that being said, I wouldn't do it everyday...simply speaking from an engineering perspective.

I use it all the time and will continue to mainly for one reason... The Note 4 has a removable battery so by the time one dies I could replace it with another.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Although that works, I wouldn't use the fast charging all the time. Lithium ions last longer if charged and discharged slowly. I believe that fast charging is a nice feature if you were in such a situation and needed to charge your phone. With that being said, I wouldn't do it everyday...simply speaking from an engineering perspective.
I'm a little confused!? You're saying don't charge then unplug and turn on UPSM? Because usually i would just plug my phone and go to sleep, then in the morning unplug and go. what would be the better option for keeping a lasting battery? Thanks in advance!

girls love tech too

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm a little confused!? You're saying don't charge then unplug and turn on UPSM? Because usually i would just plug my phone and go to sleep, then in the morning unplug and go. what would be the better option for keeping a lasting battery? Thanks in advance!

girls love tech too

I think he's meaning don't use fast charge every day, not the ultra power saving mode.

From my smokin' hot N4

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Might putting it into ultra power saving mode when going to bed would be a good idea. Internet will still work and battery want drop but saying that I only lost 4% overnight. So happy with that

anon(363857)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I do think it's interesting that you can turn fast charging off almost seems to support the the theory that you might not want it on all the time...

Trent Baker

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Ultra power saving mode work great on the s5 I'm sure it's safe to expect the same

Posted via the Android Central App

susu123

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

I have been using it since gs5. With Less than 10%, I text, read articles online, and Facebook for an hour on my commute. Never had problem. Always had enough to come home and recharge it. Always surprises me that it hasn't been turned off. I guess your battery or something has problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

alik4041

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I use it all the time and will continue to mainly for one reason... The Note 4 has a removable battery so by the time one dies I could replace it with another.
I don't think it will "die", but it will simply reduce the available run time very gradually day by day.

I think he's meaning don't use fast charge every day, not the ultra power saving mode.

From my smokin' hot N4
Yes. Ultra power saving mode is actually better on battery longevity since you reduce the discharge rate.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I turned it on before I went to bed last night. I had 24% left. Woke up with 23%. I like. Thanks honeybee!

From my smokin' hot N4

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I turned mine power saving on last night with 95% and woke up to 74%.

Worried the ultra will kill my alarm.

Rocking the Note 4

JaneGI

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys... quick question.. how do I choose NOT to fast charge... when I put my phone on charge it says "fast charge" .. how do I choose to just charge it normally ?
Thanks in advance

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys... quick question.. how do I choose NOT to fast charge... when I put my phone on charge it says "fast charge" .. how do I choose to just charge it normally ?
Thanks in advance

Go to settings, battery, and Uncheck fast charging.

Attachments

• 1413812001717.jpg
    1413812001717.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 1413812008714.jpg
    1413812008714.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 105

suni506

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys, Is there a way to configure Ultra Power Saving Mode to automatically activate after phone drops to a certain battery percentage. For example if phone reaches 10% can it be auto set to switch to UPSM?

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings, battery, and Uncheck fast charging.
One important note---> do not have the phone plugged in while going through these steps, otherwise it won't let you unchecked the fast charge option.

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---

Alexpradhan

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Does UPSM really prolong battery life as it claims?? I put UPSM on when my battery dropped to 10% and it showed I can use for another 8 hrs or so but actually it lasted only 1 hr or so😂