only 7 languages available on AT&T note 4? No Vietnamese?

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought two Note 4's. One for myself and one for my nephew whom prefers Vietnamese on his phone. He doesn't know English well. I tab on Settings > General > Language and input > English and there are only 7 languages available. Vietnamese was not on the list.

I've already contact AT&T useless tech support they admitted AT&T version don't have Vietnamese language installed. (NO, I am not talking about the keyboard language. I meant the system language)

Anyway I can install Vietnamese language for AT&T Note 4? If not, we'll have to go back to bestbuy and exchange for an iPhone 6 for him.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
didn't you go through this on an S3 on at&t and still you didn't learn from that. Why don't you try buying the international version next time or indeed get an iphone or Xperia Z series.

AndyLu

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I think you can only change the keyboard to be Vietnamese but not the language input for the entire phone

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 supports Vietnamese

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Fyi, the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 supports Vietnamese.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
See attached

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414254061067.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414254061067.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 19

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
"Me so hoooorny. Me love you long time baaaaaby". Closest to Vietnamese I know of on this phone

Hoa Nguyen1

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
The AT&T Note 4 support Vietnamese writing. There is Vietnamese language that you can add. There are 7 language already downloaded but if you scroll down, you will be able to add Vietnamese language to the list. I've tested the AT&T Note 4 at Best Buy and it work.

The only problem is the T-Mobile Note 4. It has Vietnamese language, Vietnamese key, but the Telex key did not work. I am considering returning it back to T-Mobile.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My friend bought the thai one comes with about 10 languages Inc English.
He wanted German
Samsung said sorry and sent me to a few language packs to download on Google play.
Went to a local dealer here in Thailand and within a few minutes added German without rooting phone or losing data.
So it can be done he also confirmed any language can be added. But only dealers have the special software.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The AT&T Note 4 support Vietnamese writing. There is Vietnamese language that you can add. There are 7 language already downloaded but if you scroll down, you will be able to add Vietnamese language to the list. I've tested the AT&T Note 4 at Best Buy and it work.

The only problem is the T-Mobile Note 4. It has Vietnamese language, Vietnamese key, but the Telex key did not work. I am considering returning it back to T-Mobile.
You can use the att note 4 on tmobile if you unlock it. Not sure if all features like wifi calling will work though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1