I currently have the note 4 pre-ordered and am coming from an iphone4 (on verizon so this wait is terrible!). I'm super excited to switch over to a note and think they are some of the best phones on the market. However with the problems of screen protectors not fitting, and the samsung rebate somewhat sketchy as to if I would actually get 200 dollars back in a few weeks ("supplies" running out or some small unseen catch). Would it be better to just get the note 3 (99$ at costco, same as note 4 if Samsung rebate works) or is their enough significant improvements to get the Note 4 no matter what?
    10-18-2014 12:30 PM
    Before the Note 4, I was a Note 2 user. There is really not much difference between the 3 and 4. The minor differences are the processor, screen pixels, camera, multi-tasking, ect. The Note 4 has a aluminum body but doesn't compare to the M8.

I would spend time with both and make a decision. I'm impressed with the Note 4 but I'm not sold. Plus with the Nexus 6 releasing soon, the Note 4 may be on the chopping block.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-18-2014 07:41 PM
    Well you can't just get the 3. You just can't!
    10-18-2014 08:13 PM
    Being a note 1 - 4 user... I would go with the 4, even though the major differences between the 3 and 4 are slim to none, the minor differences is what seta them apart...

Look and feel is gorgeous. Screen couldn't ask for anything better, the camera enhancements and functions are much appreciated... The list goes on...

Hope this helps.

Live life, love life, excel life...

N1 . N2 .. N3 ... N4 #ILE
    #ILoveEvolution
    suitebliss and frankjrod like this.
    10-18-2014 08:16 PM
    If you can get the N4 for the same price as the N3 doesn't make any sense to me to buy the N3. Before the $200 rebate the Note 3 was $200 less so I was strongly considering it but with the rebate making the N4 the same price I think it's a better deal. While I prefer the screen size of the Nexus 6 I would rather have the S Pen plus unless there's a rebate on the Nexus 6 it will be more expensive than the N4 even though it's a less expensive phone.
    10-18-2014 08:17 PM
    I currently have the note 4 pre-ordered and am coming from an iphone4 (on verizon so this wait is terrible!). I'm super excited to switch over to a note and think they are some of the best phones on the market. However with the problems of screen protectors not fitting, and the samsung rebate somewhat sketchy as to if I would actually get 200 dollars back in a few weeks ("supplies" running out or some small unseen catch). Would it be better to just get the note 3 (99$ at costco, same as note 4 if Samsung rebate works) or is their enough significant improvements to get the Note 4 no matter what?
    Darn Toot'in it is! There are no problems with screen protectors if you purchase the proper screen protector for the Note 4 and then install it properly. I have installed tempered glass on my S4, S5, 4 Note 3 all of whcih have the same OEM glass screen surface with curves. Everyone fails to produce "halos".. IMHO this is another mole hill being turned into a mountain.
    As far as improvements, there are plenty and they are awesome. No there is no crappy slick metal back cover, no it is not waterproof because the back is sealed so you can't change the battery or add memory, no it isn't 2 to 4 year old technology being touted like junkers by used car salesmen. What Samsung continues to do is to continually improve a one of a kind device that actually does both play and work extremely well. It has the best screen available by anyone, it has the S pen in its 4th iteration with supporting software that lets the S pen work as a stylus, pen, pointer, and mouse. The multi-window features are also improved and very functional and useful.
    I have the Note 3 which is a truly amazing device but am purchasing the Note 4 at full retail because I find that it is that much better than my present Note 3.
    10-18-2014 08:50 PM
    We still have a Note 3 in the house. The 4 is just a more refined device. IMO, improvements in the screen and build quality are enough to justify. I would definitely bypass the 3 and pick up the 4.

iGalione likes this.
    10-18-2014 09:40 PM
    If you would own a note 3 I'd say keep it but if you don't I'd say go for it the pros out way any cons on this device

10-18-2014 11:54 PM
    Before the Note 4, I was a Note 2 user. There is really not much difference between the 3 and 4. The minor differences are the processor, screen pixels, camera, multi-tasking, ect. The Note 4 has a aluminum body but doesn't compare to the M8.

I would spend time with both and make a decision. I'm impressed with the Note 4 but I'm not sold. Plus with the Nexus 6 releasing soon, the Note 4 may be on the chopping block.

Ois and better camera is enough of a reason to upgrade from the note 3

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-19-2014 12:03 AM
    In my stone cold steve Austin voice...hell yeah the note 4 is worth it and that's the bottom line.

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    10-19-2014 12:53 AM
    I like it...was checking it out today... Same size as my M8 in a case, with a much larger screen... Doubt it sounds the same though

Posted via Android Central App
    10-19-2014 01:04 AM
    I mainly said what I said above because you're clearly someone who holds on to their device for quite some time..

So please don't get a phone that is already a year old for the same price. I love my android... Love it. But fact is the length of time a device is supported/updated isn't really "that long". For a flagship like this, it's being optimistic to say 2.5 years of support for updates.

Point being, if you get the note 3 - you only really have, at best, 1.5 yrs of updates remaining. And fact is, they could update many of the new note 4 features and functions to the 3, but they leave behind many intentionally. They keep you wanting "the next big thing".

And that's wise of them because yes - if you look at hardware alone, the step from 3 - - > 4 is minimal. But it's the whole package of updates to form and function are what you're getting in the note 4.

Hopefully this helps. *FYI though that just because updates stop doesn't really mean anything bad, but just think of all the new things Android "M" or "N" might have in store and how nice it would be to have them!
    10-19-2014 01:15 AM
    Yes, although I upgraded from a S G III, so keep that in mind.

10-19-2014 01:16 AM
    If you would own a note 3 I'd say keep it but if you don't I'd say go for it the pros out way any cons on this device

I am keeping my 2 note 3's as back up. Actually my toddlers are playing with them. I paid $50 for each note 4 after all the incentives. Can't go wrong with that.
    10-19-2014 01:20 AM
    I loved the 3 but the 4 is even better than I thought
    10-19-2014 03:38 AM
    howdy there, $50, that's amazing!

what incentives? how did you combine the incentives?
    what cel service do you have?

often amazon / wirefly / walmart wireless will throw in $99 deals during thanksgiving or xmas, then the older phone can be sold on ebay for at least $100.

i have a note 3 from sprint, got it $99 on Jan 1 through amazon w a 2y Sprint extension, and sold my note 2 for $265 on Feb 3.
    10-19-2014 10:24 AM
    Coming from Note 2 to Note 4. Note 4 is clearly the better machine. The wife didn't like the new software changes, also coming from Note 2. Went back to Best Buy and looked at the iPhone Plus. She'll be keeping the Note 4.
    10-19-2014 12:48 PM