So I was at the Samsung kiosk at the mall asking some newbie questions since I migrated from apple over to note 4. They were showing me some features such as ultra power saving which worked just fine. They then showed me regular power saving where you could turn everything grayscale but still have full functionality but my grayscale would not work. Two of them showed me theirs where it immediately went to grayscale after turning it on under > power saving>turn on > grayscale > turn on.

Anyone else have this problem with theirs?

This is not the ultra power saving mode, that one works perfectly.
    10-18-2014 06:32 PM
    I tried it and mine works just fine...
    10-18-2014 07:38 PM
    You have to go into settings menu and select power saving> power saving mode> check the box for grayscale

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk
    10-18-2014 08:23 PM
    You have to enable it first to back able to check the box

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk
    10-18-2014 08:23 PM
    Yeah, we did all that and it still doesn't work.
    10-18-2014 09:40 PM
    Yeah, we did all that and it still doesn't work.
    You have to switch from "Automatic" to "Always" in Power Saving Settings that says "Select when enabled"
    txlnghrn79 likes this.
    10-21-2014 06:41 PM
    You have to switch from "Automatic" to "Always" in Power Saving Settings that says "Select when enabled"
    That worked, thanks so much!!
    10-22-2014 03:08 PM
    I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to leave Power Saving Mode on all of the time. Is there a benefit to that? Is there a detriment?

Why would I not want to have Power Saving Mode on all of the time?

I already keep my screen brightness around 10%.

What else am I giving up in Power Saving Mode?
    10-27-2014 09:41 PM
    Not sure, it might affect the performance in order to keep battery usage to a minimum. On the other hand, since the note 4 has an AMOLED display, if you use a black background on your homescreens it won't power the pixels and you might get better battery life. That's just a thought tho.
    OptiPrime and Dankees like this.
    10-27-2014 11:10 PM
    I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to leave Power Saving Mode on all of the time. Is there a benefit to that? Is there a detriment?

Why would I not want to have Power Saving Mode on all of the time?

I already keep my screen brightness around 10%.

What else am I giving up in Power Saving Mode?
    Processor runs much slower - which you can see when switching or loading apps. The device lags, basically. You probably won't like it, but it makes sense when your battery is low and you either don't have a spare, or don't have the ability to charge it.

I stated before in another thread, that it would be nice to have a way to send the thing into power save or Ultra power save via a timed profile. I'd have mine go into UPSM while I sleep, since I don't actually charge the thing every single night anyway.

If I really think about it though, who gives a crap about power save anyway...with the price of batteries today, I might as well just use the snot out of the battery and buy a new one when the 1st one dies, for like 20-25$, why should I care? I change my phone very year anyway...
    10-27-2014 11:34 PM