08-09-2016 09:51 AM
36 12
tools
    You also cannot "custom arrange" the App drawer icons. Nova say's that it'll be in the next major release but this has been going on for years. This is the reason I got a refund on Nova Prime.
    08-04-2016 11:18 PM
    I loaded up Nova quite quickly but if I remember correctly the stock launcher had a way to have different home screens based on where you were located - that seemed kinda neat.

You also lose the built-in weather, S-Health, and a few other widgets which weren't bad if they applied to you, but I found what I feel are better replacements in third party apps.

But I only tried the stock launcher out for about a week to give it a reasonable shakedown, then decided that I wanted to go back to Nova Prime in the end. I personally prefer a single home screen with folders to a multiple-homescreen layout. Stock just wasn't doing it for me, even with some rather nice refinements.
    08-05-2016 03:17 PM
    You also cannot "custom arrange" the App drawer icons. Nova say's that it'll be in the next major release but this has been going on for years. This is the reason I got a refund on Nova Prime.
    Depending on how you want to arrange your apps in the drawer, this can already be done with Nova. You can create folders in the app drawer and then group your apps in each folder by category or whatever sorting method you prefer. I prefer by category.

I hate having 5 or 6 pages of apps in the drawer. I also don't like having a home screen full of app folders, so this method suits me just fine. By default, Nova organizes your drawer in alphabetical/chronological order, so what I did (shown in the first screenshot) is give each folder a number in order to display them in my preferred order.

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking to do, but if so, then it's definitely possible.

08-07-2016 01:42 PM
    Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking to do
    No, it's not. I want to be able to arrange icons like it's possible to do in Touchwiz. In Touchwiz, you open the app drawer, hit edit, and drag icons to whatever position you want them in. Simple. This is not possible in Nova.

Nova knows about it and like I mentioned, it should be implemented in the next major release (5.x)... from what they told me anyways.
    08-07-2016 03:01 PM
    Yea, it's currently not possible to rearrange the app icons, like in touchwiz or iOS. That's probably the only feature you lose switching to Nova.

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Good Lock UI | Android Central App
    08-07-2016 03:18 PM
    No, it's not. I want to be able to arrange icons like it's possible to do in Touchwiz. In Touchwiz, you open the app drawer, hit edit, and drag icons to whatever position you want them in. Simple. This is not possible in Nova.

Nova knows about it and like I mentioned, it should be implemented in the next major release (5.x)... from what they told me anyways.
    Hopefully they include the ability to custom arrange folders inside the app drawer too. Then I don't have to number them to keep them in the order I want them in.
    08-08-2016 04:46 PM
    Hopefully they include the ability to custom arrange folders inside the app drawer too. Then I don't have to number them to keep them in the order I want them in.
    That's the whole idea... being able to custom arrange the App Drawer icons. And, yes, when I saw what you were doing to get your icons in order, I almost gagged. No one should need to go through so much trouble!
    08-08-2016 04:59 PM
    It's not what you lose, its what's you gain.
    08-08-2016 05:19 PM
    Transition animation
    08-08-2016 07:36 PM
    Yes, Nova Launcher does give you many different custom animations for opening apps and folders and scrolling through screens.
    There isn't much Nova Launcher can't do.
    08-08-2016 09:24 PM
    That's the whole idea... being able to custom arrange the App Drawer icons. And, yes, when I saw what you were doing to get your icons in order, I almost gagged. No one should need to go through so much trouble!
    Obviously they can make it easier, but the way I went about it was basically a 1 time thing. It probably added about 1 minute to my initial set up time. No biggie. I can definitely see how this would be a problem for you though, since you want to custom arrange the apps themselves.

What's really annoying (and I don't think it's a Nova issue) is updating apps and some of them uninstall and then reinstall, which takes them out of the folder I have them assigned to and drops them into the drawer. Usually it's minimal...like 2 or 3 apps...but every now and then it'll be like 10+. About a week or so ago I had 36 apps that did this. For someone like me who is super anal about keeping the app drawer neat and organized, that was like armageddon for me. Lol
    nahoku likes this.
    08-09-2016 09:51 AM
36 12