Why is the battery life on my Note 4 low?

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Battery life on Note 4

That "android system" is eating away the battery. This has been a problem on KitKat for some time now. I don't know if it's a bug or what it is, because I used to get a lot better battery life with Jellybean 4.3. I notice my battery drain on my Note 2 and the Android system is the culprit. When I restart the phone, the battery life is a lot better and the android system isn't nearly as high. I'll check it again when I get the Note 4 in a few days, but I think when we all upgrade to Lollipop, it should be better....hopefully.

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
This thread illustrates that there will always be endless debate on the way batteries behave and whether or not batteries need to be conditioned. Opinions on these topics vary a lot among users and "experts." Good luck finding a solution.

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

This is mine I had issues when I 1st got my note4 one night before I went to bed my note was at 100% when I woke up it was at 51%... 49% without it doing anything I called T-Mobile and they told me about the update that we just got and then after the update everything seems OK I guess... Are my readings for my battery OK??

Attachments

• 1413846781115.jpg
    1413846781115.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 117

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm on Sprint too and am having battery issues. Drains fast and my screen is using 33% even with it turned down. This is only an hour after I was fully charged.
I have checked for the update but it is not available yet.

I'm on Sprint as well. My screen usage is at 32%. However, I have used my device pretty heavily everyday, I easily get to somewhere around midnight with between 15% to 20% left. If you have a Sprint store, with a service center, I'd let them take a look. They can also test your battery.

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

WOW! 5 hours screen time?1 My N4 is getting around 3.75 - 4.25 hours. I must have installed a battery troll app

ktopp

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

This may be a stupid question, my screen is consistently using up 44% of my battery. Would the main way to reduce this just be by lowering screen brightness? I'm losing about 10% battery an hour

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This may be a stupid question, my screen is consistently using up 44% of my battery. Would the main way to reduce this just be by lowering screen brightness? I'm losing about 10% battery an hour

It just depends on your usage. If you have the screen on a ton it's going to use a lot of battery. Screen is always the biggest drain if you're using it a lot.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

I keep my screen brightness down, but have sync, wifi, gps, bluetooth all on. I get about 400 corporate emails (MobileIron), about 50 SMS/MMS message a day, 50-100 Lync messages, and about a dozen emails to Gmail. I did disable many of the built in apps (something I do with every phone). This phone is NOT rooted (MobileIron wont run on a rooted phone, my other phone is rooted). Came off the charger at 6AM, now after 9PM (15 hours) I am still at 90% (only 10% used), so far I am happy

JGill2401

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

I keep my screen brightness down, but have sync, wifi, gps, bluetooth all on. I get about 400 corporate emails (MobileIron), about 50 SMS/MMS message a day, 50-100 Lync messages, and about a dozen emails to Gmail. I did disable many of the built in apps (something I do with every phone). This phone is NOT rooted (MobileIron wont run on a rooted phone, my other phone is rooted). Came off the charger at 6AM, now after 9PM (15 hours) I am still at 90% (only 10% used), so far I am happy

I want that kind of battery life. Do you listen to music or podcasts? What service do you have? My battery with push email, power save mode, podcast listening, texts, notifications, and etc lasted me 10 hrs.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Dont listen to much music on the phone. I have T-Mobile and both work and home are very close to a tower (with LTE, physical distance is a big deal, close = low power use)

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

That "android system" is eating away the battery. This has been a problem on KitKat for some time now. I don't know if it's a bug or what it is, because I used to get a lot better battery life with Jellybean 4.3. I notice my battery drain on my Note 2 and the Android system is the culprit. When I restart the phone, the battery life is a lot better and the android system isn't nearly as high. I'll check it again when I get the Note 4 in a few days, but I think when we all upgrade to Lollipop, it should be better....hopefully.

You might be on to something. My note 3,jellybean battery life was better then the note 4,kitkat and gotten sorta the same feel with the nexus 5 which was kitkat...I mean im glad i got quick charging but still

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey