Why is the battery life on my Note 4 low?

2UMK

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery life on Note 4

seacow... an hour after fully charge at 96% is GREAT! I wish I could get that with my N4 on AT&T. Samsung and ATT tech support were of no help. I however did get 3 hours of Pandora at 91% after fully charged. But Pandora doesn't take up much. My friend uses 4 hours of pandora, bluetooth, wifi, text, social media constantly and was only at 80%.

RealPazman

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

I'm really happy with my Note 4 as well but I just realized a little battery life trick... DO NOT turn background apps off! Apparently it burns more juice when the phone has to reboot the apps from scratch. I found this out by accident. I got a super long day out of my battery last weekend & I've been trying to top it ever since. After reading about turning background apps "OFF" I've been obsessing over just that for the last few days but my battery life got worse. Today I'm running with everything & I'm now closing in on 5 hours "screen-on" time with 30% still remaining. This includes over 14 hours overall time since my last charge.

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

7d7609bea7e71b21625b53b297668c03.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

torana355

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

My battery life has been great. 1 day standby and 7 hours SOT is not uncommon with light web browsing and checking whatsapp ect. When i start streaming 1440p videos and playing games i can still get around 6 hours SOT but my standby drops to 10-14 hours. I have S voice and S health disabled and run on auto brightness with +5 setting. I have location setting on battery saver and location reporting off. Everything else is left on.

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

How are u viewing 1440p vids my utube wont show past 720 wtf and my friends note 3 lets him see 1080p i dont get it and what do u mean +5 setting

torana355

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

How are u viewing 1440p vids my utube wont show past 720 wtf and my friends note 3 lets him see 1080p i dont get it and what do u mean +5 setting

Im from Australia, my Note 4 could view 1440p videos in u-tube from the day i purchased it. When you set your brightness to auto you can adjust the base setting to your liking.

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

If i adjust it it takes it out of auto and thats messed up y cant i get 1440p im in us

Tim Klein2

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

I had the fast charging issue a couple times. Both times my cable was not connected completely to the adapter. It's odd because it would still charge very slowly but not the usual full charge in an hour or so. Just make sure your connections are secure and if they are try a different outlet. Hope this helped someone

Has anyone else that's experiencing their battery draining quickly on the Note 4 noticed the WiFi arrows are active almost all the time? I feel that this is what's causing my battery life to drain too quickly. There are countless old forum threads from around 2012 that have this issue and it seems to be what I'm experiencing with the Note 4 on AT&T right now. I've tried almost every single fix I could find mentioned about this on various older forum threads with no success up to this point. I haven't had a chance to test if the battery life improves while not on WiFi yet.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting bad battery life I charged my phone overnight only five minutes using the phone it drops to 93 percent. Now it's at 88 percent with only 50minutes of screen on time. Ever since the update battery life has been bad. Might have to get an extended battery.

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4

jovan1256

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Make sure you don't have an SD card in. I was getting really bad battery life with that in due to "indexing" running in the background all day

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

I got this note 3 Friday. The charger was bad out of the box. It also said USB charging, and started to over heat the phone a little. Very slow charging. Then discharging while plugged in.

Sent from my most awsome note 3

Naomi O

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
my phone has done the same the last couple of days, and it sounds like you have the same problem although your fast charger isnt turned on, mine is. yesterday morining i had put it on charge. 7.30am, i had noticed that my phone was charging very slowly, it was not the original charger i had been using for the actual phone as i had broke that. But, the charger i was using yesterday morining had always been fine charging before that. With no improvement i had turned my phone off for hours hoping it would improve, however it didnt. It had now been 8 hours since my phone had be on charge and had only just reached 70 percent and i have no idea why. Anyway, i went out to buy anohter charger and when ib put my phone back on charge it was working well wiht my new charger. However it is now the day after, and it is doing the same thing as it was before and now i am very worried, is it my phone or battery? if you find out would you mind letting me know?
however the only advise i could give is possibly going into a phone shop and asking about ir, or even emailing a complaint or complaining what the problem is.

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
The Note 4 has the best battery life I have ever had out of any phone, I charged my phone on a Friday morning, it lasted all weekend until Sunday night and I keep my screen on full brightness. I really love the battery life im getting out of my Note 4.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

For those whose battery life isnless than expected do you have any vibration settings on...any haptic feedback?

I turned all that off and started using Juice Defender and its made a dramatic (spelled DRAMATIC) difference.

jovan1256

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

And thats the problem. You shouldnt have to install apps and take away simple features to have good battery life. I didnt do all of that. I simply took out my old sd card, turned off airwake (sadly) and stopped all the unecessary things in the sync settings like dropbox, facebook and google long list of stuff that they are taking from your phone. I moved from losing 4% - 5% per hour on idle to 1% per hour on idle. And I have all my apps still, all features on (except airwake), high colored wallpaper and I dont use the Power saver mode. Guys just check your sync settings, airwake and the sd card issue for most ppl. I downloaded battery doctor though to determine if i had any rougue apps. Facebook sometimes take battery and it warns me to deal with it. Thats all. If you did this and its note working for you. Let me know by giving me a reply.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

And thats the problem. You shouldnt have to install apps and take away simple features to have good battery life.

I've always had good battery life. Now, I have even better battery life. I've never had bad battery on any of my Samsung devices. YMMV. In example, I took my phone off the charger at around 5:30A this morning. I've been using it normally and using the Android Central app all day. It's 4:42P and I now have 79% battery left. I'm more than happy with that but don't really need my battery life to be that good (I don't mind charging 1/day) and could turn back on haptic feedback.

jovan1256

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Go to Settings> Accounts. You will then see the different accounts you have on the phone. Click each one and then click on the email you see in the account. That should show you what sync settings you have turned on or off for each account.