Just got my new Galaxy Note 4 for AT&T and so far I cannot use it online at home because the Wifi literally turns off then on every 5 seconds over and over and over and over.... I do not have Smart Network Switch checked. I have restarted both phone and modem/router. I have removed battery from phone. Sometimes it won't even stay on long enough to type in my network password. Why is this happening???
    10-18-2014 10:53 PM
    Well I am guessing that your wi-fi is wired to your home from some carrier or another and am also going to guess that you have had other wireless devices working off that same router without exhibiting this behavior. So this is not more than a wild a**ed guess. But I am going to guess there is something wrong with the radio package in that phone.
    rvhs03 likes this.
    10-18-2014 10:58 PM
    If you still have issue, try changing channel, 1,6 11 usually good.
    10-18-2014 10:59 PM
    Having the same issues with my brand new note 4. Find a solution?
    11-19-2014 07:18 AM
    I had the same problem...so I chatted with a samsung support. They had me turn the phone on in SAFE MODE. When I connected to the wifi...it stayed connected. Then I turned off safe mode. After the phone restarted, it stayed connect. So it "appears" that the problem has been fixed. I dont know if it matters but my wireless provider is Verizon. I hope this helps

Here are the steps to starting the phone in safe mode...

1. Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
    2. Press and hold the Power key.
    3. When the device vibrates; release the Power key and immediately hold down the Volume Down key.
    4. Keep pressing the Volume down key until the device boots up completely.
    5. If successful, Safe Mode will appear on the device screen in the bottom left corner.
    Delphinus likes this.
    11-23-2014 08:02 PM
    Is there a fix for this problem. I got my phone today and have this problem. I am tempted to switch over to a different phone.
    12-01-2014 11:58 PM
    Does it do this on all wifi connections or just the one at your home?
    12-02-2014 12:58 AM
    I had been having this issue for a while as well. Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910A running 5.0.1 on AT&T.

None of the solutions above helped me. I uninstalled the update for "AT&T Smart WiFi" about an hour ago and it *SEEMS* to have stopped the issue. Only time will tell.

I don't know if the Verizon users have a similar, carrier-based WiFi control that may be causing the issue. It's a start.

Nick
    05-13-2015 08:41 AM
    I had been having this issue for a while as well. Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910A running 5.0.1 on AT&T.

None of the solutions above helped me. I uninstalled the update for "AT&T Smart WiFi" about an hour ago and it *SEEMS* to have stopped the issue. Only time will tell.

I don't know if the Verizon users have a similar, carrier-based WiFi control that may be causing the issue. It's a start.

Nick
    Also disable that smart WiFi.

AT&T Smart WiFi has caused this issue for years.
    05-13-2015 10:15 AM
    I was beginning to wonder if it was deliberate on ATT's part to make you use more air time. I have done all of the above now disabled the ATT app. All other devices connect and stay connected. The Note does not.
    08-28-2015 12:28 PM
    I had the same problem...so I chatted with a samsung support. They had me turn the phone on in SAFE MODE. When I connected to the wifi...it stayed connected. Then I turned off safe mode. After the phone restarted, it stayed connect. So it "appears" that the problem has been fixed. I dont know if it matters but my wireless provider is Verizon. I hope this helps

Here are the steps to starting the phone in safe mode...

1. Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
    2. Press and hold the Power key.
    3. When the device vibrates; release the Power key and immediately hold down the Volume Down key.
    4. Keep pressing the Volume down key until the device boots up completely.
    5. If successful, Safe Mode will appear on the device screen in the bottom left corner.
    I think this may have worked. Very odd issue. If so, thank you so much.
    04-01-2017 11:30 AM
    I can't send **** on social media at school
    09-27-2017 11:17 PM