Side by side comparison of 3 and 4 on wifi revealed the 3 is consistently faster downloading and playing video clips. Although the 4 was just slightly faster with Web page download, the 3 was always faster, and significantly so, with any video clip I loaded. Very disappointed with this! I read somewhere the 4 works harder to run higher resolution screen. To me this is wasted, since in no way do I see the benefits of a higher resolution screen so far. Come on Samsung! You can't have a newer model underperform against a year old model. I would return it if it weren't the every so needed build quality.
    10-19-2014 12:16 AM
    I disagree. I can see the difference with my Note 4 versus my Note 3.
    10-19-2014 12:18 AM
    I honestly think the nexus may be the only one capable of running a 2K screen quickly due to stock android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-19-2014 12:19 AM
    Things will get better with updates. Not to mention most 3rd party apps haven't fully optimized their apps for our screens.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-19-2014 12:35 AM
    I would be willing to bet that it is not really screen resolution and allocation for it related. If that were the case I think you would see issues with both kinds of downloads as opposed to just the Wi-Fi downloads. I think the other posters are right. Once you get some updates rolling I would bet your Wi-Fi performance will improve.

I am wondering if when the time comes, I might want to try that software package that allows the user to modify his screen resolution. Since I am on VW it will be a long time before I will be able to root the N4. But that might end up being a neat software to try at some point. Again I still don't think that is your issue here. But it still might be fun to try at some point.
    10-19-2014 12:58 AM
    I agree. If screen resolution was causing the phone to be worked too hard, the phone would get a lot warmer before it started to slow down. That shows that any lag is software related instead of hardware.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-19-2014 01:06 AM
    Personally I don't see a vast difference in the two, coming from a LG Optimus G Pro from last year was a big leap for me although it was a nice phone it was starting to show its age speed and lag wise. The 4 is much lighter, better battery better screen. Best phone I've ever had very happy with it. My son has the Note 3 and he is waiting till next year to upgrade, the 3 is still a top dog phone.
    frankjrod and CehowardNote7 like this.
    10-19-2014 12:58 PM
    Side by side comparison of 3 and 4 on wifi revealed the 3 is consistently faster downloading and playing video clips. Although the 4 was just slightly faster with Web page download, the 3 was always faster, and significantly so, with any video clip I loaded. Very disappointed with this! I read somewhere the 4 works harder to run higher resolution screen. To me this is wasted, since in no way do I see the benefits of a higher resolution screen so far. Come on Samsung! You can't have a newer model underperform against a year old model. I would return it if it weren't the every so needed build quality.
    WRONG, WRONG, AND MORE WRONG!!!

I had my Note 3 for 11 months, I think that gives me good experience with a Note 3. With that said, my Note 4 is faster in every way.
    Again, WRONG, WRONG AND WRONG!!
    10-19-2014 03:59 PM
    Personally I don't see a vast difference in the two, coming from a LG Optimus G Pro from last year was a big leap for me although it was a nice phone it was starting to show its age speed and lag wise. The 4 is much lighter, better battery better screen. Best phone I've ever had very happy with it. My son has the Note 3 and he is waiting till next year to upgrade, the 3 is still a top dog phone.
    True Dat.

IMO, the only thing better out there than the Note 3 is the Note 4, and that is only by about 7 to 9percent..

The Note 3 is still a hellva phone, and the person that bought my spotless new like 11 month old Note 3 has for $350 has a LOCK GRIN on their face!!
    IMO, the Note 3 is over the S5 and a lot of other phones which I will not mention!!
    10-19-2014 04:02 PM
    Whuuuut?

OK, let's put this into perspective. a little.

Both phones side by side using Wifi off the same router downloading videos. Were they downloading the same video from the same site? Different videos with different sizes? One of the phones is going to "hog" the bandwidth....especially if the speed connection is a, b, or g. On N it depends on distance. Using AC 1900, one of them is going to get priority over the other, even on 5G. Was one on 2.4GHZ? Both? 5G?

There are too many variables to consider when using wifi so to me, this can't even be used to pin one against the other. And since I have both the N3 and N4, the N4 blows chunks onto the N3 after eating a burrito.....
    10-19-2014 05:00 PM
    Can you compare radio signal by any chance? That's a decider for me , since my Note 3 is horrible compared to Moto X (both on VZW). Most of the time is out of signal around the house whereas Moto has no problems holding it. Anywhere we go it's the same case - poor signal area Note is out.
    Now, it's either Note or Nexus 6. I figured since Moto 2014 is better than 2013 ,nexus has a lead over note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    on VZW Moto X
    10-19-2014 07:02 PM
    Same Q for you -
    Can you compare their radios, please?
    Note 4 200$ off offer is really attractive to replace Note 3 but given my dissatisfaction w N3 signal (on VZWcomparing w Moto). I don't wanna waste money and time dealing with it again.
    Thanks

on VZW Moto X
    10-19-2014 07:06 PM
    In general performance I don't see much difference in the note 3 and 4. But my note 3 is rooted and deodexed and has nearly no bloat. But the improved screen, camera, and build quality made it worth the upgrade to me.

10-19-2014 10:24 PM