Note 4 Oxygen saturation sensor (SpO2)

selwinfrogit

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
My daughter has a heart condition which means her spO2 is particularly important to monitor so I'm really interested in a note 4 particularly for this sensor option as no other phone has it and I want / need one of these Senors for my home. Has any one had any experience with it yet? Is it easy to use?

Posted via Android Central App

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Your daughter will probably show signs/symptoms of illness before you see it on the O2 sat for values low enough to matter. You probably want to see how it measures up with a standard pulse oximeter if that'll give you a peace of mind. As far as I know there are no studies comparing the Note 4's sensor to a standard oximeter. But also keep in mind even with standard oximeters there is variability in reliability and accuracy.

Pretty cool though now we are at a point where we have such technology on our phones, in the palm of our hands, wherever we go.

dustout

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I've only used it a few times so far but it only takes about 10-12 seconds to get a reading. Open S Health, click the menu icon, click Sp02, and it will wait for you to touch your finger to the sensor. After about 10 seconds it shows your reading and records it. You can view daily, weekly, and monthly charts of your readings which is cool.

The widget does not seem to be customizable really so you can't create a direct shortcut to it but if you tap the widget it takes you into S Health so it's still only 2 tap away. In short, with the widget you can begin the reading with 3 taps + the finger touch to the sensor on the back middle. Definitely more convenient than carrying around a pulse oximeter / being a backup... assuming it's accurate enough. They of course say these things aren't for medical purposes officially.

Rusty Darwin

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I have used this sensor for a few months now. i usually have a wrist band that measures the same spo2 and heart rates.
i have found that the sensor on the Note4 has been no more than +-2% difference than that of my wrist band.

Mahbubchest

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
s health app in my cell does not have (SpO2)

I am a pulmonary physician. I need to measure the spo2 of my patients.accordingly I bought a note 4.unfortunately the s health app even updated does not have spo2. I am frustrated. now I cannot return the mobile.anybody can help plesse.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have SHealth on my Note 4 phone and it has SpO2. On the SHealth home page, top right corner, tap on "more". You get a drop down menu. Tap on "Manage Items". On this page you can select what you track, your goals and other programs. Scroll down under "Trackers" and select whatever you want. SpO2 is on there. It will place it on the app home page. I don't know if this is the same thing you're looking for but I believe it is.

Posted via Android Central App

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Some Regions didn't come the spO2 support in their ROMs.
If you got a N910F, just load the DBT German ROM, its unbranded, it has spO2 support.
P46Hg4T.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac