It won't sleep!

I always charge my phone while I sleep. I turn it off the screen with power button, when it's done charging, it wakes up and the screen is on for the rest of the night.

I am worried about "burn in" with AMOLED. Is there anyway to get it to stay asleep? Turning it off, isn't an option. I don't goto bed until like 5 AM, and I need the phone on in case of emergencies, or important calls.
    10-19-2014 02:51 AM
    Do you have Developer settings turned on? If so, do you have it set to stay awake there? Otherwise, you may have some app that is keeping it from timing out and turning the screen back off after full charge.
    Shamrock_627 likes this.
    10-19-2014 03:21 AM
    It won't sleep!

I always charge my phone while I sleep. I turn it off the screen with power button, when it's done charging, it wakes up and the screen is on for the rest of the night.

I am worried about "burn in" with AMOLED. Is there anyway to get it to stay asleep? Turning it off, isn't an option. I don't goto bed until like 5 AM, and I need the phone on in case of emergencies, or important calls.
    Try this...charge it fully to 100% then unplug your phone after it says 100%. Then put your phone into ultra power saving mode and when you wake up just take off the ultra power saving mode and you should still have 100% battery life. Also while in ultra power saving mode you get 6 apps to pick for use. You can pick the ones of most important use to you.

girls love tech too
    Harlemknight likes this.
    10-19-2014 07:54 AM
    Do you have Developer settings turned on? If so, do you have it set to stay awake there? Otherwise, you may have some app that is keeping it from timing out and turning the screen back off after full charge.
    You are correct. Mine would stay on as well. Just checked my settings under "Developer Options". Sure enough, "Stay Awake" (screen will never sleep while charging) is apparently automatically checked by default. I unchecked it, and will see what happens next time i charge this beast. I also turned off "Developer Options". Thank you for the tip!

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4
    Tha Capn likes this.
    10-19-2014 09:09 AM
    Mine was doing the same checked the stay on whole charging and sure enough it was on. ..fixed that problem

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-19-2014 11:09 AM
    Where is that option, im looking and not finding.

Rocking the Note 4
    10-19-2014 12:17 PM
    Where is that option, im looking and not finding.

Rocking the Note 4
    Developer options are hidden by default. It you didn't "un-hide" them then you don't have to worry about this. You get developer options by repeatedly pressing the build number.
    10-19-2014 12:23 PM
    Good. I had them enabled on my Note 2 and dont want it yet on my N4.

Rocking the Note 4
    10-19-2014 12:55 PM
    You da man! That's exactly what it was. I unticked "stay awake" in dev options and worked like charm, thanks!

honey_bee_33 likes this.
    10-19-2014 09:27 PM