Noticeable difference compared to the Note 3?
    10-19-2014 10:25 AM
    I only used a Note 3 for a short time before my son took it but I had an S5 for a while. I feel it has improved quite a bit from my previous experience with it. I usually use Google for voice commands but with my Note 4 I'm using S Voice and liking it so far.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    10-19-2014 10:29 AM
    I only used a Note 3 for a short time before my son took it but I had an S5 for a while. I feel it has improved quite a bit from my previous experience with it. I usually use Google for voice commands but with my Note 4 I'm using S Voice and liking it so far.
    Cool, thanks. Talking about voice commands, aside from SVoice or Google Voice, can we use voice command while playing music like, "pause, stop, next, volume up..." as in the Note 2? What about voice command when phone is in sleep mode like, "open camera, play music, what time..."?
    10-19-2014 10:53 AM
    Cool, thanks. Talking about voice commands, aside from SVoice or Google Voice, can we use voice command while playing music like, "pause, stop, next, volume up..." as in the Note 2? What about voice command when phone is in sleep mode like, "open camera, play music, what time..."?
    Haven't tried volume control yet. But yes, it will wake from sleep with "Hi Galaxy", open apps, play music, advance to next track or go to previous track, initiate calls, etc. Working well for me.
    deeb215 likes this.
    10-19-2014 11:04 AM
    Wow, awesome. Thanks again!!!
    10-19-2014 11:11 AM
    Haven't tried volume control yet. But yes, it will wake from sleep with "Hi Galaxy", open apps, play music, advance to next track or go to previous track, initiate calls, etc. Working well for me.
    I just bought my Note 4 . How can I activate voice control on the music player to pause, play, next Volume up, etc?
    10-23-2014 07:46 AM
    I just bought my Note 4 . How can I activate voice control on the music player to pause, play, next Volume up, etc?
    If you haven't already used S Voice since getting your phone, the first time it's opened you have to do some minor setup. So go into your app drawer and open S Voice to get it started. Once you have done that your ready to go. From a sleeping device or with screen on, just say "Hi Galaxy" to open S Voice. From there you can say Play "whatever song is on your phone that want to listen to" and it plays it, during the playback if you want to adjust volume up or down, advance to another song or play a previous one, just say Hi Galaxy to initiate the voice control followed by what you want to do. It works quite well. This all works over a Bluetooth headset as well, at least with mine. Tap the button on the bluetooth to activate S Voice and fire away with commands.
    10-23-2014 07:58 AM
    Thanks again for your quick reply. I did set up S Voice, but I seem not to be able to use voice control within the stock music player app when a song is being played. A friend of mine was able to do it on his Note 2.
    10-23-2014 08:28 AM
    Thanks again for your quick reply. I did set up S Voice, but I seem not to be able to use voice control within the stock music player app when a song is being played. A friend of mine was able to do it on his Note 2.
    I'm not sure why you're having the issue, mine works fine. You could go into settings, application manager, scroll down to S Voice, tap it and clear cache and then clear data. This will put The S Voice app back to essentially a new installed state. You will have to open S Voice and do the set up again to begin using it but that may clear up the problem.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    10-23-2014 08:41 AM
    I see we may be talking about 2 different approaches. Yes, I am able to use voice control via SVoice by saying "Hi Galaxy" then "pause, play, next, etc." But it seems the other approch by not needing to use SVoice within the music app itself does not work. This approach didn't require "Hi Galaxy" to initiate the voice command.

Add: but thanks for letting me know of the SVoice approach.
    10-23-2014 08:57 AM
    I see we may be talking about 2 different approaches. Yes, I am able to use voice control via SVoice by saying "Hi Galaxy" then "pause, play, next, etc." But it seems the other approch by not needing to use SVoice within the music app itself does not work.

Add: but thanks for letting me know of the SVoice approach.
    Yeah I was clearly not understanding your question, I was thinking S Voice. Well anyway, glad that you can use the S Voice to control it. I'm not sure about the other method you're referring to.
    10-23-2014 09:05 AM
    Not sure.. I only use Google Now instead of S voice.
    10-23-2014 09:10 AM
    Yeah, the approach I am referring to works on the Note 2, but for some reason, the Note 3 does not work, and apparently not on the Note 4 also. Thank you again anyway.

Almeuit. I will have to check out Google Now.
    10-23-2014 09:48 AM
    Not sure.. I only use Google Now instead of S voice.
    Hey Almeuit. I just tried Google Now for the music voice commands, but nothing's working so any suggestions?

As for SVoice, I love how I can still stay on the same screen when it is activated, it doesn't leave to another screen like before.
    10-23-2014 10:39 PM
    Yeah, the approach I am referring to works on the Note 2, but for some reason, the Note 3 does not work, and apparently not on the Note 4 also. Thank you again anyway.

Almeuit. I will have to check out Google Now.
    The volume controls worked perfect on my note3. (Music/alarm/camera) they just needed switching on.

I think they have removed them in the note4 in favour of the svoice and quite frankly I don't like it.
    I have spent a couple of minutes every morning this last week shouting snooze at my alarm before I woke up enough to remember it doesn't work on the note4, And if you say hi galaxy during music play it stops the song to deal with your request so I may as well just control the music manually.
    10-24-2014 06:15 AM
    Hello KC_Kathryn & everyone else @ AC! I just got my Note 4 yesterday & after the initial setup thought I was good to go... until this morning! My alarm sounds & I'm sayin' SNOOZE...STOP...SNOOZE! Drove me crazy! I can't believe they would take a feature like that away, that was one of the absolute Best features of S Voice & one I used EVERY morning! By the way, is there any other way to do that, snoozing or stopping the alarm by voice I mean???
    DMarie

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-06-2014 09:12 AM