03-26-2015 04:15 PM
75 123
tools
    A IPS screen like Sony phones. Those things are awesome.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Meh ips I'll take amoled over ips any day of the week

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-19-2014 04:26 PM
    It would take a lot in a year for me to upgrade which I do yearly anyway. 4K res, dual speakers although im happy with my 4's speaker its very loud. 4gb Ram 8 core cpu some sort of bend or curve built in like the edge but better design. a projector built in would be cool. Better battery tech something 5x better than possible today.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-19-2014 04:36 PM
    It would take a lot in a year for me to upgrade which I do yearly anyway. 4K res, dual speakers although im happy with my 4's speaker its very loud. 4gb Ram 8 core cpu some sort of bend or curve built in like the edge but better design. a projector built in would be cool. Better battery tech something 5x better than possible today.
    8 core cpu.... I don't think they have those on a desktop and plus cpu usage isn't that big of a deal where ram and gpu are much more important

10-19-2014 05:23 PM
    Biggest disappointment to me for note 4 is same size screen. Hope they finally hit 6 inch in the note 5. Now that the res is so high they can up the screen size for a good bit and still retain the extreme dpi.
    10-19-2014 07:59 PM
    Meh ips I'll take amoled over ips any day of the week

I would have to disagree. IPS are better with colors. They also don't lose color when viewed from offset angles. They would be better to go along with the camera and video.

Posted via My Note 4
    10-19-2014 08:06 PM
    I would have to disagree. IPS are better with colors. They also don't lose color when viewed from offset angles. They would be better to go along with the camera and video.

Posted via My Note 4
    If I wanted an ugly ips screen I'll buy a g3

10-19-2014 08:57 PM
    I got the note 4 and the only things they need to improve for it to be my perfect phone is a less intrusive touch wiz (or stock Android altogether, which won't happen), a better fingerprint scanner, different premium materials for the backplate, and the ability to control shutter speed on the camera like the HTC One M8 or iPhone.

10-19-2014 09:18 PM
    I got the note 4 and the only things they need to improve for it to be my perfect phone is a less intrusive touch wiz (or stock Android altogether, which won't happen), a better fingerprint scanner, different premium materials for the backplate, and the ability to control shutter speed on the camera like the HTC One M8 or iPhone.

What you want on the back paper? Metal is bad Imo and I want wireless charging

10-19-2014 09:31 PM
    Having aperture control would be nice too.

Posted via My Note 4
    10-19-2014 09:36 PM
    What you want on the back paper? Metal is bad Imo and I want wireless charging

A better soft touch plastic (smooth and soft like the nexus 5 or nexus 7), a real leather option, wood and yes even a metal backplate. I'd like options. As it stands I love how they improved the build quality of the note but just feel that the backplate is still chincy feeling.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Death Note 4
    10-19-2014 09:56 PM
    Having aperture control would be nice too.

Posted via My Note 4
    It'd be nice but never gonna happen. Cell phone camera tend to use fixed lenses. Barring a niche product like the K Zoom you're gonna be stuck with the aperture the lens comes with. In the ever present quest to make phones thinner and thinner, a lens assembly that could accommodate aperture control ain't gonna happen.

10-19-2014 09:59 PM
    Did some one say note 5? Oh please don't get me started I just received my note 4 earlier in the week. Let me enjoy the 4 first..

girls love tech too
    10-19-2014 10:05 PM
    It'd be nice but never gonna happen. Cell phone camera tend to use fixed lenses. Barring a niche product like the K Zoom you're gonna be stuck with the aperture the lens comes with. In the ever present quest to make phones thinner and thinner, a lens assembly that could accommodate aperture control ain't gonna happen.

Hopefully the thin phone war ends. I like the feel of a phone and not a thin piece of plastic in my hands. I'm sure at some point in the future they come make aperture blade small enough. The note 4 is thin enough IMHO. A slightly thicker phone could give us better optics and other internal hardware.

Just wishing....

Posted via My Note 4
    10-19-2014 10:05 PM
    I will be getting the Gnote5 because it will be the Latest and Greatest!!! The only thing I would like is front facing Speakers!!!
    10-19-2014 10:10 PM
    Note 5 should be water proof!!!
    rhophotos likes this.
    10-19-2014 10:18 PM
    Yes waterproofing would be dope.

10-19-2014 10:19 PM
    I am not sure your assumption is correct that everyone here has already purchased or have firm plans to purchase a N4.

While the N4 was just released, relatively few people here have actually taken ownership of one. For example. Verizon, the largest carrier, hasn't released their N4 yet. Furthermore, some people are waiting for their contract renewal in coming months and are checking the feedback here as well as on other new forums to help them decide what upgrade to do, when their renewal time comes. . Many people, while leaning, towards an N4 upgrade, still are undecided. So they come here hoping to hear what others think about their new N4, as well as to hear from people their reasons to wait, perhaps, another year. While I posted my wish list, I have lived with and enjoyed my N3 for the last 9 months, even without it having the improvements of the N4 or of my wish list. Will I wait for the N5 or some other yet to be released phone, or decide the N4 is enough of an improvement for me.? Right now, I will wait, because for the time being, I am undecided.

Posted via Android Central App
    This is why I didn't say "everyone", I only said "most people". Even considering what you said about VZW not releasing the Note 4 yet, many of those customers who are on this forum are planning to buy one.
    10-19-2014 10:23 PM
    Yes waterproofing would be dope.

Not with the stylus hole in the phone

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-19-2014 10:24 PM
    Note 5 should be water proof!!!
    No. Please no!
    10-19-2014 10:25 PM
    Not with the stylus hole in the phone

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    Maybe possible if the stylus had some sort of gasket/O-ring on the end.

Posted via My Note 4
    10-19-2014 10:29 PM
    Also a front facing flash would be nice too. One that has software like Nikon's ittl system for both flashes. These would allow for "perfect" exposure when taking closer pictures. No more over exposed shots with blown out highlights.

Posted via My Note 4
    10-19-2014 10:48 PM
    Honestly I think the Note 4 is in a good spot right now. I am not excited about any of the "wants" the OP posted. Things like 64 bit processor is not going to be something you really notice on the user end. Neither is USB 3.0 unless you're transferring gigabytes of files everyday. If it's added on, cool, if not, not a big deal. Everything else will improve with time; better radios, more efficient processors, faster ram, better cameras - but none of these incremental upgrades are actual "wants" that I'd be looking for in the next line of phones.

One thing I am excited about is on the software side. Let's say, Android L. Now that will change things.

I care more about practical things that matter on a day to day basis. A bit lighter and longer battery life (since it gives 1-2 days now let's push that into the 3-5 day range) would be pretty sweet and probably likely by the time I upgrade my phone again. And I trust Samsung will deliver in bringing the best usability and functionality for its users so I'm not concerned about future features/specs either. And they're not afraid of pushing R&D/new technology, as with popularizing larger display phones, leading the front with display technology, standardizing IR blasters, developing UPSM, and introducing digitizers to smartphones. And Samsung is one of the last companies that still allow user replaceable battery; most other companies realize battery dies, phone becomes useless and time to replace phone. I'm excited to see what they come up with in the next 2 years.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-19-2014 10:48 PM
    No. Please no!
    what's wrong with water proofing?
    10-19-2014 10:52 PM
    Ou. And a finger print scanner built in the screen!
    10-19-2014 10:53 PM
    what's wrong with water proofing?
    It adds flaps to the phone, which become inconvenient when trying to use the ports. If you're not using a wireless charging this becomes somewhat of a hassle when charging your phone.
    21stNow likes this.
    10-19-2014 11:00 PM
75 123