What will the Note 5 have to have to get you to upgrade?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing I can foresee to make me get rid of a phone at Note 4 quality in 12 months. I'm thinking--it's going to be at least the Note 6. At least 2 years. Who knows--I'm getting tired of the constant upgrade pace for less and less advantage. Might well be a Note 7.

All of the things on the OP wishlist certainly seem desirable. None makes me feel "gotta have it" even if it comes true.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
This should have been in the Note 3 forum, since the OP is asking people who didn't buy the Note 4 for opinions. I would assume that most people in the Note 4 forum bought the Note 4 or are planning to. :)
I am not sure your assumption is correct that everyone here has already purchased or have firm plans to purchase a N4.

While the N4 was just released, relatively few people here have actually taken ownership of one. For example. Verizon, the largest carrier, hasn't released their N4 yet. Furthermore, some people are waiting for their contract renewal in coming months and are checking the feedback here as well as on other new forums to help them decide what upgrade to do, when their renewal time comes. . Many people, while leaning, towards an N4 upgrade, still are undecided. So they come here hoping to hear what others think about their new N4, as well as to hear from people their reasons to wait, perhaps, another year. While I posted my wish list, I have lived with and enjoyed my N3 for the last 9 months, even without it having the improvements of the N4 or of my wish list. Will I wait for the N5 or some other yet to be released phone, or decide the N4 is enough of an improvement for me.? Right now, I will wait, because for the time being, I am undecided.

Posted via Android Central App

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm going to enjoy my 4 and not care about the 5 otherwise I would never have a new phone

Posted via the Android Central App

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I would carry a 7" phone. And I want a 7" Note phone with a stylus.

So, I want Samsung to either create Note 5 at 6.5" or create a Note 5+ at 7" screen size and leave the Note 5 at around 5.7".

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
It would take a lot in a year for me to upgrade which I do yearly anyway. 4K res, dual speakers although im happy with my 4's speaker its very loud. 4gb Ram 8 core cpu some sort of bend or curve built in like the edge but better design. a projector built in would be cool. Better battery tech something 5x better than possible today.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It would take a lot in a year for me to upgrade which I do yearly anyway. 4K res, dual speakers although im happy with my 4's speaker its very loud. 4gb Ram 8 core cpu some sort of bend or curve built in like the edge but better design. a projector built in would be cool. Better battery tech something 5x better than possible today.
8 core cpu.... I don't think they have those on a desktop and plus cpu usage isn't that big of a deal where ram and gpu are much more important

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Biggest disappointment to me for note 4 is same size screen. Hope they finally hit 6 inch in the note 5. Now that the res is so high they can up the screen size for a good bit and still retain the extreme dpi.

KingTongue

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Meh ips I'll take amoled over ips any day of the week

I would have to disagree. IPS are better with colors. They also don't lose color when viewed from offset angles. They would be better to go along with the camera and video.

Posted via My Note 4

rhophotos

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I got the note 4 and the only things they need to improve for it to be my perfect phone is a less intrusive touch wiz (or stock Android altogether, which won't happen), a better fingerprint scanner, different premium materials for the backplate, and the ability to control shutter speed on the camera like the HTC One M8 or iPhone.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I got the note 4 and the only things they need to improve for it to be my perfect phone is a less intrusive touch wiz (or stock Android altogether, which won't happen), a better fingerprint scanner, different premium materials for the backplate, and the ability to control shutter speed on the camera like the HTC One M8 or iPhone.

What you want on the back paper? Metal is bad Imo and I want wireless charging

rhophotos

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
What you want on the back paper? Metal is bad Imo and I want wireless charging

A better soft touch plastic (smooth and soft like the nexus 5 or nexus 7), a real leather option, wood and yes even a metal backplate. I'd like options. As it stands I love how they improved the build quality of the note but just feel that the backplate is still chincy feeling.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Death Note 4

rhophotos

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Having aperture control would be nice too.

Posted via My Note 4

It'd be nice but never gonna happen. Cell phone camera tend to use fixed lenses. Barring a niche product like the K Zoom you're gonna be stuck with the aperture the lens comes with. In the ever present quest to make phones thinner and thinner, a lens assembly that could accommodate aperture control ain't gonna happen.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did some one say note 5? Oh please don't get me started I just received my note 4 earlier in the week. Let me enjoy the 4 first..

girls love tech too

KingTongue

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
It'd be nice but never gonna happen. Cell phone camera tend to use fixed lenses. Barring a niche product like the K Zoom you're gonna be stuck with the aperture the lens comes with. In the ever present quest to make phones thinner and thinner, a lens assembly that could accommodate aperture control ain't gonna happen.

Hopefully the thin phone war ends. I like the feel of a phone and not a thin piece of plastic in my hands. I'm sure at some point in the future they come make aperture blade small enough. The note 4 is thin enough IMHO. A slightly thicker phone could give us better optics and other internal hardware.

Just wishing....

Posted via My Note 4

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I will be getting the Gnote5 because it will be the Latest and Greatest!!! The only thing I would like is front facing Speakers!!!