03-26-2015 05:15 PM
75 123
tools
    If you didn't upgrade to the Note 4, what will the Note 5 need to improve upon in order to get you more interested in upgrading?

Here's my wish list:
    1. Better sound. Do away with rear speaker and give us stereo sound on the front.
    2. 64 bit processor in order to improve processing efficiency and enhance battery life.
    3. Better low light sensitivity with larger rear camera sensor
    4. Improved, easier to use fingerprint sensor on a par with Apple's.
    5. Unique metal case design. (The N4 has arguably just copied an older Apple case design with its beveled metal frame.)
    6.Return the USB 3.0 port of the Note 3.
    7. Enhanced phone call quality.
    8. Better inter carrier compatibility. ( Apple is doing this with the Ipad Air 2.)
    9. Make the s- pen more user friendly. It isn't very intuitive to use right now.
    10. Get rid of some of the bloat ware that takes up nearly half of the Note 4's internal memory.

Posted via Android Central App
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    10-19-2014 10:31 AM
    This should be in the rumored devices forum...
    10-19-2014 10:34 AM
    This should be in the rumored devices forum...
    This isn't a rumored device. We have no idea what is in the works for the N5. Manufacturers do listen, to what customers want and often plan accordingly. If we weren't sold on the N4, they need to hear why, so they have a better chance next year to get our business, should they decide to listen.

10-19-2014 10:46 AM
    I will get the 5 because it's the 5,,that's it. Got the 4 and love it,, had the 2,the 3, the 4,and the 5 shall also be mine. Lol

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME
    10-19-2014 11:06 AM
    If you didn't upgrade to the Note 4, what will the Note 5 need to improve upon in order to get you more interested in upgrading?

Here's my wish list:
    1. Better sound. Do away with rear speaker and give us stereo sound on the front.
    2. 64 bit processor in order to improve processing efficiency and enhance battery life.
    5. Unique metal case design. (The N4 has arguably just copied an older Apple case design with its beveled metal frame.)
    8. Better inter carrier compatibility. ( Apple is doing this with the Ipad Air 2.)
    9. Make the s- pen more user friendly. It isn't very intuitive to use right now.
    10. Get rid of some of the bloat ware that takes up nearly half of the Note 4's internal memory.

Slow your roll Playa as we just got the note 4

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    10-19-2014 11:14 AM
    It is a rumored device as it isn't out yet and we are expecting it but we don't know 100% if it will be released. And yes we just got the 4. Enjoy it for a while. You've got a whole year

From my smokin' hot N4
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    10-19-2014 11:19 AM
    You will be disappointed with the Note 5 as no phone is going to meet all your wish list needs. You should be looking at other phones, and this should be posted in the rumor device forum. The Note 4 was just released, and a lot of people are happy with it.
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    10-19-2014 11:24 AM

Here's my wish list:

Half of the internal memory? Do some correct mah please. The note has about 22gb and half of 32 is 16.... Note when I had a nexus 5 32gb I had like 23-24 gb free so it's not that bad.

Speaker sounds better on the note 4 then note 3

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-19-2014 11:32 AM
    I'm not even sure. For now I'm just going to enjoy the 4 (I've had it for like a week now.. Almost) - so I am not worried about the 5 just yet .
    monsieurms and Tatt2014 like this.
    10-19-2014 11:41 AM
    Slow down please. I'm still waiting for Verizon to ship me my Note 4. Note 5 isn't even on my mind.

Note 2 via Android Central App
    Husker82 and Tatt2014 like this.
    10-19-2014 12:50 PM
    Personally I think it's time for Samsung across the board on all devices not let carriers put any bloat ware.
    Last night I went out to dinner with a few friends and my friend pulled out the iPhone 6 and it's just smooth and not over exaggerated with bloat ware. I came from an iPhone 5S yes the Note 4 blows iPhone specs but I must say and will always say this all these apps on a phone out the box is stupid and annoying even if you are able to disable they are still there taking up space. I also belive the best OS available is a true Android OS without anything else toe to toe against IOS I believe it is far superior. I would love the ability or a Samsung Note 4 of having pure android with Note S Pen functionality.
    10-19-2014 01:08 PM
    Note 5 will need a $200 trade in rebate just like the N4 to get me to upgrade!!
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    10-19-2014 01:11 PM
    Personally I think it's time for Samsung across the board on all devices not let carriers put any bloat ware.
    Last night I went out to dinner with a few friends and my friend pulled out the iPhone 6 and it's just smooth and not over exaggerated with bloat ware. I came from an iPhone 5S yes the Note 4 blows iPhone specs but I must say and will always say this all these apps on a phone out the box is stupid and annoying even if you are able to disable they are still there taking up space. I also belive the best OS available is a true Android OS without anything else toe to toe against IOS I believe it is far superior. I would love the ability or a Samsung Note 4 of having pure android with Note S Pen functionality.
    Not going to happen and some people happen to use the "bloatware". I use a few of them myself. Space they take up isn't a big deal

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    George Gates and clevin like this.
    10-19-2014 01:50 PM
    Phones are kind of peaking as far as technology goes.
    Not sure what else you can do but make a slightly faster phone with some software improvements.
    The only thing that might get me to bite on a Note 5 is a better designed phone otherwise I'm planning on keeping my Note 4 for 2-3 years.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-19-2014 02:00 PM
    This should have been in the Note 3 forum, since the OP is asking people who didn't buy the Note 4 for opinions. I would assume that most people in the Note 4 forum bought the Note 4 or are planning to.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-19-2014 02:23 PM
    What will the Note 5 have to have to get you to upgrade?
    A release date.
    10-19-2014 02:29 PM

Here's my wish list:

I think it's a given that about 7 out of the 10 will be improved in the next iteration. The bloat won't go away because it's a carrier issue, not Samsung. The design is very arguable, depending on your tastes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-19-2014 02:44 PM
    4k.
    10-19-2014 02:56 PM
    Slow down please. I'm still waiting for Verizon to ship me my Note 4. Note 5 isn't even on my mind.

I'm skipping the 5 and will get the 6 because I'll have my 4 for 2 years

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    deeb215 likes this.
    10-19-2014 02:59 PM
    Oh I will too. Just making a point.

10-19-2014 03:08 PM
    There is nothing I can foresee to make me get rid of a phone at Note 4 quality in 12 months. I'm thinking--it's going to be at least the Note 6. At least 2 years. Who knows--I'm getting tired of the constant upgrade pace for less and less advantage. Might well be a Note 7.

All of the things on the OP wishlist certainly seem desirable. None makes me feel "gotta have it" even if it comes true.
    10-19-2014 03:36 PM
    This should have been in the Note 3 forum, since the OP is asking people who didn't buy the Note 4 for opinions. I would assume that most people in the Note 4 forum bought the Note 4 or are planning to.
    I am not sure your assumption is correct that everyone here has already purchased or have firm plans to purchase a N4.

While the N4 was just released, relatively few people here have actually taken ownership of one. For example. Verizon, the largest carrier, hasn't released their N4 yet. Furthermore, some people are waiting for their contract renewal in coming months and are checking the feedback here as well as on other new forums to help them decide what upgrade to do, when their renewal time comes. . Many people, while leaning, towards an N4 upgrade, still are undecided. So they come here hoping to hear what others think about their new N4, as well as to hear from people their reasons to wait, perhaps, another year. While I posted my wish list, I have lived with and enjoyed my N3 for the last 9 months, even without it having the improvements of the N4 or of my wish list. Will I wait for the N5 or some other yet to be released phone, or decide the N4 is enough of an improvement for me.? Right now, I will wait, because for the time being, I am undecided.

10-19-2014 04:32 PM
    Yeah I'm going to enjoy my 4 and not care about the 5 otherwise I would never have a new phone

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-19-2014 04:55 PM
    I would carry a 7" phone. And I want a 7" Note phone with a stylus.

So, I want Samsung to either create Note 5 at 6.5" or create a Note 5+ at 7" screen size and leave the Note 5 at around 5.7".
    10-19-2014 05:18 PM
    A IPS screen like Sony phones. Those things are awesome.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-19-2014 05:19 PM
75 123