06-11-2015 02:47 PM
34 12
tools
    You need to call ATT when you move SIM from one device to another. Other phone function works without issue. Hotspot ties to IMEI. They will have to re-register it for you. It should only take few min. I did mine.
    10-19-2014 04:15 PM
    No there not if your not on the mobile share plans. Unlike Verizon they aren't forcing you to change if you have one of their older plans.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    Verizon actually sells unlimited hotspot for an extra fee for unlimited customers. So not sure what you mean?
    10-19-2014 04:57 PM
    I just logged into my AT&T Wireless account and what you're saying is not true. I'm going to add the tethering for $20/mo to my unlimited data plan and I'll be paying $125/mo for 700 minutes, 200 texts & 2 phone lines (2nd phone doesn't have data or text). By comparison a 6 GB/mo Mobile Share plan w/ unlimited phone minutes & texts is $125/mo. So while I would pick up the unlimited minutes & texts I would only have 6 GB/mo instead of unlimited data. I think it really depends on how you use your phone as to which plan is better for the same price. In my case I don't text very much and the 700 minutes is adequate so I'd rather keep the grandfathered unlimited data and pay $20/mo for the mobile hotspot.
    What I say is indeed very much true, and you are getting ripped off blind for shabby, stunted service all in the name of holding onto something you believe is valuable because you've decided it's called "unlimited data." I'm not sure where you came up with $125 for a 6 GB Mobile Share Plan, but the truth of the matter is that it is $100 for 10GB a month, and for a limited time -- which I would urge you to take advantage of -- you can opt for the $130/15GB plan, which they'll double to 30GB when you change/sign up. I just did that. But I can tell you that my most recent bill on the 10GB plan was $136.78 total -- and I mean total including all surcharges, gov't taxes and fees, etc. That was for two lines sharing the 10GB data, both with unlimited minutes and texts. And hotspot included. (Plus a $25 per phone monthly discount if you don't do the 2-year upgrade thing, but either bring your own phone or do the Next program.) A vastly better deal than yours.
    10-19-2014 05:21 PM
    What I say is indeed very much true, and you are getting ripped off blind for shabby, stunted service all in the name of holding onto something you believe is valuable because you've decided it's called "unlimited data." I'm not sure where you came up with $125 for a 6 GB Mobile Share Plan, but the truth of the matter is that it is $100 for 10GB a month, and for a limited time -- which I would urge you to take advantage of -- you can opt for the $130/15GB plan, which they'll double to 30GB when you change/sign up. I just did that. But I can tell you that my most recent bill on the 10GB plan was $136.78 total -- and I mean total including all surcharges, gov't taxes and fees, etc. That was for two lines sharing the 10GB data, both with unlimited minutes and texts. And hotspot included. (Plus a $25 per phone monthly discount if you don't do the 2-year upgrade thing, but either bring your own phone or do the Next program.) A vastly better deal than yours.
    The figures I stated are from my AT&T wireless account online login. I viewed my current plan and what else was available at what cost. I don't call it unlimited data, AT&T does. I'll be speaking with them and reference the costs you stated in your post. Based on what I saw today I am not being blindly ripped off. I just upgraded one of the lines to get the N4 so I lose a $15/mo discount on the Mobile Share plans. I spoke with them last week and went over the Mobile Share plan costs and they didn't tell me anything differently than was online through my account login which is what I posted.
    10-19-2014 05:43 PM
    Did you check to make sure that the WiFi isn't broadcasting on a 5 Ghz band? Ran into this issue myself and that was the problem for me. Computer didn't support 5 Ghz. Had to go to the advance options check box in the configure Mobile hotspot to change it to 2.4 Ghz.
    11-25-2014 03:17 AM
    I have similar problem,tethering fails when I turn it on. I've tried other tethering apps like Foxfi and PDANet but the outcome are the same.
    11-25-2014 03:39 AM
    Thanks so much!!! I've been bursting my brain trying to figure out why I couldn't see my SSID. It was on 5GHz
    natehoy likes this.
    06-10-2015 02:47 PM

The figures I stated are from my AT&T wireless account online login. I viewed my current plan and what else was available at what cost. I don't call it unlimited data, AT&T does. I'll be speaking with them and reference the costs you stated in your post. Based on what I saw today I am not being blindly ripped off. I just upgraded one of the lines to get the N4 so I lose a $15/mo discount on the Mobile Share plans. I spoke with them last week and went over the Mobile Share plan costs and they didn't tell me anything differently than was online through my account login which is what I posted.
    What JasW is saying is true and you also get rollover data.
    06-11-2015 10:13 AM
    Thanks so much!!! I've been bursting my brain trying to figure out why I couldn't see my SSID. It was on 5GHz
    Thanks for posting the solution to this. Late to the party, but that's exactly what I ran into when I tried to set mine up.
    06-11-2015 02:47 PM
34 12