Note 4 Enable voice feedback greyed out s voice

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My S voice app will not talk back to me. Under the three dots (settings) the enable voice feedback option is greyed out and I can't for the life of me figure out why this is so. I have Google it but to no avail. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Enable voice feedback greyed out s voice

Bump any help is appreciated

Posted via the Android Central App

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you gone through and voice trained it etc, like doing the initial set up?

Yes I have. it will train to my phrase but it just will not talk back to me. It shows the answer to whatever I may have asked it but it remains silent. I attached a picture to display what I'm talking aboit. The enable voice feedback remains greyed out

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-21-15-33-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-21-15-33-56.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 192

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Try Settings>Device>Accessibility>Direct access>Talkback-on

I don't know that may be a bit on the excessive side of voice feedback.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Try Settings>Device>Accessibility>Direct access>Talkback-on

I don't know that may be a bit on the excessive side of voice feedback.

I have tried that to see if it would cause it to kick back on but that doesnt help either. I dont understand. This is a brand new phone. I keep thinking maybe its something I did to cause it but I got my wife the S5 at the same time I got the N4 and set them up the exact same way and hers works and mine does not. Its very frustrating.

Turn Trader

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
My S voice app will not talk back to me. Under the three dots (settings) the enable voice feedback option is greyed out and I can't for the life of me figure out why this is so. I have Google it but to no avail. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix?

Turn Trader

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with my brand new note 4. I fixed it by going to settings; device; accessibility and scrolling to "keeper fastfill" and turning it off. Which sucks, cause I wanted to use that feature. Not sure why the conflict, but it worked for me...

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my brand new note 4. I fixed it by going to settings; device; accessibility and scrolling to "keeper fastfill" and turning it off. Which sucks, cause I wanted to use that feature. Not sure why the conflict, but it worked for me...

I don't see that setting on my T-Mobile Note 4. To make matters worse, now my calculator is talking back to me!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I also dont see that option on my tmo note 4. Are u referring to general settings or settings within the s voice app?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't see that setting on my T-Mobile Note 4. To make matters worse, now my calculator is talking back to me!

Look in settings, language input and see if you have Keeper listed there, if so switch it off. As for the talking calculator any chance you're using Lastpass, Pushbullet or Peeble?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Look in settings, language input and see if you have Keeper listed there, if so switch it off. As for the talking calculator any chance you're using Lastpass, Pushbullet or Peeble?

No Keeper but I do have Pushbullet installed. I'll have to find how to stop the service to see if that fixes it.

Deon Mcclain

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
OK figured it out go to accessibility if u have a smart watch connect or any other device that requires notification switch it off and your s voice will automatically enable itself

greatg67

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
OK figured it out go to accessibility if u have a smart watch connect or any other device that requires notification switch it off and your s voice will automatically enable itself

Mine is still greyed out. I do not have a smart watch etc...this is frustrating with a new device

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes if u r using a launcher other than stock launcher... Thts will give u issue with enabling voice feedback.... U will have the voice feedback grayed out... See pic below...all this is under accessibility all the way to bottom where it says (services)make sure where it say (launcher) it's set to off NOT (on)... I was too excited and tired to go into details...another thread is on here and I tried every suggestion posted and nothing worked so then I tried that an bap bap...option to voice feedback was on (enabled)... 💞💞💞💞 there was no suggestion on here for this...

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes if u r using a launcher other than stock launcher... EDITED: whatever services you have ON under accessibility>Services the bug is under that option... An u will have issues with enabling voice feedback.... U will have the voice feedback grayed out... See pic below...all this is under accessibility all the way to bottom where it says (services)make sure where it say (launcher) it's set to off NOT (on)... I was too excited and tired to go into details...another thread is on here and I tried every suggestion posted and nothing worked so then I tried that an bap bap...option to voice feedback was on (enabled)... 💞💞💞💞 there was no suggestion on here for this...

Attachments

• 1414666945984.jpg
    1414666945984.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 1414666960122.jpg
    1414666960122.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 34