Note 4 download booster

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: download booster

I would think Verizon and AT&T would want it lol. People leave it on and then pay them for overages

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

As we all thought.. But.. When the S5 came out Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T disabled / hid it from users. Only T-Mobile had it out and about :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I know but I would think Verizon and AT&T would want it

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yeah.. So did everyone who got the S5 wanting that feature. My guess would be they don't want it because they don't want the flood of customer service complaints that the person is on wifi but using data since they don't understand how the booster works.

ohbreeeezy

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

how do I activate it??????? I have sprint also.

I use nova launcher.
1. Go to home screen.
2. Hold down your finger on the screen till menu pops up.
3. Click on Shortcuts.
4. Click on Activities.
5. Scroll down to "Settings"
6. Scroll through the list till you find Download Booster. Click on it.
7. Now you will have a shortcut on your home screen that will take you to the download booster settings screen.
8. Enable download booster.
View attachment 142151

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

what does download boost do for my note 3??????Also can I get this feature without nova? can I do it on my stock touchwiz?????

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
what does download boost do for my note 3??????Also can I get this feature without nova? can I do it on my stock touchwiz?????

What does it do?

Sent from my Frost White T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4

Read what the picture says in Post 11 for what it does. If your carrier (or if you have an international version) supports it, it will be in your settings. If your carrier stripped it, you have to use a way such as above to find a way to activate it.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

well that was fun.. tried to see if there was the download boost option on go ex prime launcher since I paid for that a while back.. nice launcher but looks like it took away the screen size option for one hand.. anyway, didnt find anything on it.. then did the nova launcher and enabled it.. with my wifi I get 20-25mbps.. when I did the ookla speed test just on the cell network I got 12-15mbps.. so I should easily get 35 at least.. well no matter what I did It seems to have made things slower. I get 15-16 with both on =-/ and while it runs it seems to start out at 24-25 and then throttle back to a slower speed. and this is on my AT&T note 4.. so if someone got something else let me know.. other wise I think AT&T wont let us have fun.. I have unlimited too =-/ .. ahhhh

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Definitely works on Verizon

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414162950703.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414162950703.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 68

louee6

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Currently using an At&t Note 4 and activated thru Nova Launcher and it now appears in the System tray only when I turn on wifi but it does absolutely nothing!! Don't know if At&t disabled it in there software...

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

yea.. I tried to dl booster again and it just wont work for AT&T.. 400mb file and it just sat there all grayed out =-/.. ahhhhh

wifi only unchecked.. just dont get it. whyyyyyyyyyy att whyyyyyyyyyyy

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Guys... It's not hidden. It's simply not in the first 10 positions of the quick settings options.

To get to the download booster just pull down your menu, select the quick settings icon (looks like 4 squares in the upper right corner) and then select the download booster.

See. No special apps or 10 step secret process.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance