Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Is anyone else experiencing horrible GPS?

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
If it's just me, that's good news. I'll just exchange my phone. But it rarely locks on, and when it does it's a couple blocks off. I've tried two tests, about 20 minutes each while driving, and the skies have been clear.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is anyone else experiencing horrible GPS?

Bump, anyone? Someone told me to try Waze instead of google maps which I tried tonight. I still couldn't hold a lock for long, and when it was supposedly locked it was inaccurate. Plus Waze navigation interface sucks, and trying to look places up was worse than BlackBerry maps. I tried doing a factory reset. I downloaded GPS test and I'm getting 13-15 in use out of 23 and an accuracy of 10 ft. I'm indoors by a window. Im going to go to the gym after it charges for a bit so we'll see what happens on the way there.

Is anyone else having problems or did I get a lemon?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

If it's just me, that's good news. I'll just exchange my phone. But it rarely locks on, and when it does it's a couple blocks off. I've tried two tests, about 20 minutes each while driving, and the skies have been clear.

Just tried mine and it locked on right way and found me exactly where I am.

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Have you ensured that you've gone into your settings:
-Under "connections"
-Clicked "location"
-Clicked "mode"
-Checked the radius button "High Accuracy" instead of Power saving or GPS only?

You might have done this, but if not, try it.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Have you ensured that you've gone into your settings:
-Under "connections"
-Clicked "location"
-Clicked "mode"
-Checked the radius button "High Accuracy" instead of Power saving or GPS only?

You might have done this, but if not, try it.

That was the first thing I checked.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I used Waze on my commute to and fro today and the GPS was tightly locked on me the whole time . . . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DruHill

May 22, 2010
Visit site

GPS has been good for me so far, quick locks and accurate (within 3 meters with GPS Status). It's been the best in terms of gps performance out of all the Samsung phones I've owned.

Last edited by a moderator:

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Once more shipments of the Note hit my area I'm definitely going to do an exchange. I'm glad this isn't a widespread issue!!

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

An update - I exchanged my device for another one yesterday, and I'm STILL getting the same problems. I'd blame network issues, but my previous devices have not had this problem at all (not counting the Samsung Vibrant...). I got a tip on another forum to try a GPS fix app. I never knew something like that existed! I downloaded one that looks promising and will try it on the way home.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

An update - I exchanged my device for another one yesterday, and I'm STILL getting the same problems. I'd blame network issues, but my previous devices have not had this problem at all (not counting the Samsung Vibrant...). I got a tip on another forum to try a GPS fix app. I never knew something like that existed! I downloaded one that looks promising and will try it on the way home.
That won't help. Your issue is likely software related in something that's interfering with your GPS radio. What type of case are you using?

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

That won't help. Your issue is likely software related in something that's interfering with your GPS radio. What type of case are you using?

None at the moment. Waiting for mine to be shipped from Amazon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance