03-27-2015 03:40 PM
40 12
tools
    If it's just me, that's good news. I'll just exchange my phone. But it rarely locks on, and when it does it's a couple blocks off. I've tried two tests, about 20 minutes each while driving, and the skies have been clear.
    10-20-2014 08:57 AM
    Bump, anyone? Someone told me to try Waze instead of google maps which I tried tonight. I still couldn't hold a lock for long, and when it was supposedly locked it was inaccurate. Plus Waze navigation interface sucks, and trying to look places up was worse than BlackBerry maps. I tried doing a factory reset. I downloaded GPS test and I'm getting 13-15 in use out of 23 and an accuracy of 10 ft. I'm indoors by a window. Im going to go to the gym after it charges for a bit so we'll see what happens on the way there.

Is anyone else having problems or did I get a lemon?
    10-20-2014 06:25 PM
    If it's just me, that's good news. I'll just exchange my phone. But it rarely locks on, and when it does it's a couple blocks off. I've tried two tests, about 20 minutes each while driving, and the skies have been clear.
    Just tried mine and it locked on right way and found me exactly where I am.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-20-2014 06:47 PM
    Just tried mine and it locked on right way and found me exactly where I am.
    This is reassuring. What about while navigating?
    10-20-2014 06:48 PM
    Have you ensured that you've gone into your settings:
    -Under "connections"
    -Clicked "location"
    -Clicked "mode"
    -Checked the radius button "High Accuracy" instead of Power saving or GPS only?

You might have done this, but if not, try it.
    10-20-2014 06:55 PM
    Have you ensured that you've gone into your settings:
    -Under "connections"
    -Clicked "location"
    -Clicked "mode"
    -Checked the radius button "High Accuracy" instead of Power saving or GPS only?

You might have done this, but if not, try it.
    That was the first thing I checked.
    10-20-2014 07:03 PM
    I used Waze on my commute to and fro today and the GPS was tightly locked on me the whole time . . . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-20-2014 07:16 PM
    GPS has been good for me so far, quick locks and accurate (within 3 meters with GPS Status). It's been the best in terms of gps performance out of all the Samsung phones I've owned.
    10-20-2014 07:26 PM
    Once more shipments of the Note hit my area I'm definitely going to do an exchange. I'm glad this isn't a widespread issue!!
    10-20-2014 07:27 PM
    An update - I exchanged my device for another one yesterday, and I'm STILL getting the same problems. I'd blame network issues, but my previous devices have not had this problem at all (not counting the Samsung Vibrant...). I got a tip on another forum to try a GPS fix app. I never knew something like that existed! I downloaded one that looks promising and will try it on the way home.
    10-24-2014 11:09 AM
    I am having the same issue with GPS not working.
    Reminds me of my Thunderbolt days)

Randall
    10-24-2014 11:31 AM
    I am having the same issue with GPS not working.
    Reminds me of my Thunderbolt days)

Randall
    And me during my Vibrant days .
    10-24-2014 11:37 AM
    I've also experienced very fast location locks (<3s) after enabling accurate GPS.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-24-2014 12:09 PM
    An update - I exchanged my device for another one yesterday, and I'm STILL getting the same problems. I'd blame network issues, but my previous devices have not had this problem at all (not counting the Samsung Vibrant...). I got a tip on another forum to try a GPS fix app. I never knew something like that existed! I downloaded one that looks promising and will try it on the way home.
    That won't help. Your issue is likely software related in something that's interfering with your GPS radio. What type of case are you using?
    10-24-2014 12:13 PM
    And me during my Vibrant days .
    Yeah the vibrant was the first thing I thought of when I saw your post. Samsung and GPS is not a good combo in my opinion.

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-24-2014 12:16 PM
    That won't help. Your issue is likely software related in something that's interfering with your GPS radio. What type of case are you using?
    None at the moment. Waiting for mine to be shipped from Amazon.
    10-24-2014 12:17 PM
    I've also experienced very fast location locks (<3s) after enabling accurate GPS.

Sometimes I get a fast lock, but it never sticks. And when I'm driving it's rarely accurate, even if GPS says it's locked.
    10-24-2014 12:18 PM
    Look at all the apps you're running and/ or apps you have disabled. Usually, the answer is there.
    10-24-2014 12:21 PM
    Look at all the apps you're running and/ or apps you have disabled. Usually, the answer is there.
    I haven't disabled anything. What should I be looking for?
    10-24-2014 12:25 PM
    Ok, so which apps are you running that are not native to the device?
    10-24-2014 12:58 PM
    Ok, so which apps are you running that are not native to the device?
    These are all that I've downloaded so far. Some I have not even run yet since I just got this replacement yesterday afternoon.

MLB At Bat
    BBM
    Chromecast
    Facebook
    GPS Test
    GPS Status (downloaded, but have not tried that yet)
    Imgur
    MapMyRun
    My24
    Netflix
    OK Cupid
    Orbitz
    Plume
    Timehop
    Tinychat
    Trip Advisor
    TV Guide
    WeatherBug
    WhatsApp
    Words With Friends

With the exception of GPS Test and GPS Status, I've had all of these on my previous devices. The GPS ones are just to help determine/fix my GPS problems.
    10-24-2014 01:10 PM
    Welp, I'm on my 3rd replacement, so 4 phones total all experiencing the same issue. What the heck is wrong??? I took to youtube and tried recalibrating my compass and tightening the screws underneath the battery door (which seemed tight enough all ready so I didn't force them). I just don't understand!

I've tried:

Factory resets
    Clearing the cache
    I got my firmware reflashed at a Samsung kiosk at Best Buy
    Make sure high accuracy mode is enabled (these days I never take it off since I'm always fiddling with my GPS)
    Tried a number of gps fix apps in the play store
    Samsung support reps have tried using the Smart Tutor app to remote into my phone, but they haven't been able to stay on long enough for me to get in my car and start driving. They either disconnect the session or the session drops.
    11-10-2014 10:15 AM
    Yeesh, I was afraid of this. I remember having GPS issues with my GS3, never on my Moto phones, you should never need to tinker to make it work. Guess I'll look elsewhere, maybe another Moto...
    11-22-2014 01:12 PM
    I use mine ever day with My Tracks for walking and it is as good or better as any phone I have had. Overall (phone wifi gps data) reception is the best of any phone I have had. I would exchange it.
    11-23-2014 08:44 AM
    When I am out using My Tracks GPS works just as well on GPS only as the high accuracy setting. I really don't think its a network issues. Wish I could tell you what issue it is.
    11-23-2014 08:48 AM
40 12