08-30-2015 03:15 PM
207 1234 ...
tools
    Yeah let's blame everyone and everything but yourself.

Posted via My Note 4
    Because I know for a fact I didn't scratch it....

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    10-20-2014 11:56 AM
    Not sure how it could have happened after it was boxed but never the less:
    Didn't yours come shipped with a narrow peel off protective clear plastic on the bottom? Mine did.
    drewood31601 likes this.
    10-20-2014 11:57 AM
    Not sure how it could have happened after it was boxed but never the less:
    Didn't yours come shipped with a narrow peel off protective clear plastic on the bottom? Mine did.
    No it didn't

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    10-20-2014 11:58 AM
    but if the note 4 was made of all plastic again, people would complain and say samsung sucks. but they used metal, now people complain and say samsung sucks for using metal. good god, what is wrong with humans?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    10-20-2014 11:59 AM
    but if the note 4 was made of all plastic again, people would complain and say samsung sucks. but they used metal, now people complain and say samsung sucks for using metal. good god, what is wrong with humans?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    I never complained about Samsung using plastic.... I quite liked the note 3 fake chrome lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-20-2014 12:17 PM
    Perhaps powder coating the metal would have been an option to paint. Come to think of it, probably was always going to be pretty easy to at the very least scuff and/or possibly scratch the paint. But honestly, no case is such a risk that I would think that a scuff to the paint might end up being the least of one's worries.
    10-20-2014 12:56 PM
    Perhaps powder coating the metal would have been an option to paint. Come to think of it, probably was always going to be pretty easy to at the very least scuff and/or possibly scratch the paint. But honestly, no case is such a risk that I would think that a scuff to the paint might end up being the least of one's worries.
    It wasn't scuff paint. It was the metal on the sides before the paint starts. Not a huge deal now but this tells me how easy it will be scratched and I wonder how bad it would look in 12 months

10-20-2014 01:16 PM
    Perhaps you scratched it while plugging it in. Maybe you missed the hole
    That's what she said....

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2014 01:30 PM
    Because I bought it and have the right to complain? I don't like metal and half the reason why I haven't considered the m7 or m8 at all. I just happened to notice this scratch and more of nitpicking more and Complaining at this point. I am just thinking if it can get scratched this easily I wonder how bad 12 months from now. I am assuming this scratch was done by delivery and since I wasn't home I have no idea which guy delivered it. One of them could of man handled it

I'm not saying you don't have the right to complain. All i'm saying is that if you can't find anything positive about it, and as you stated before you ONLY bought it for the large screen, then just sell it and put the money towards the Nexus 6. I just don't see a point to making yourself miserable using the Note 4 when you clearly do not like it. If it was me, i'd just sell it and not waste my time creating threads of all my various complaints and or posting all of them in other threads. Based on your signature you've used a wide enough range of devices to know what you do and don't like. If you knew you didn't like metal, don't buy a metal phone. Or do (like in this case) but then don't act surprised that it does what metal phones do.
    10-20-2014 01:44 PM
    I'll tell you what i'm sick of. I'm sick of people coming into my home when i'm asleep and scratching my metal phone.
    10-20-2014 01:47 PM
    I'm not saying you don't have the right to complain. All i'm saying is that if you can't find anything positive about it, and as you stated before you ONLY bought it for the large screen, then just sell it and put the money towards the Nexus 6. I just don't see a point to making yourself miserable using the Note 4 when you clearly do not like it. If it was me, i'd just sell it and not waste my time creating threads of all my various complaints and or posting all of them in other threads. Based on your signature you've used a wide enough range of devices to know what you do and don't like. If you knew you didn't like metal, don't buy a metal phone. Or do (like in this case) but then don't act surprised that it does what metal phones do.
    I don't like metal phone but being as only the sides is metal I figured it would be OK. My iPhone 4 was abused by getting dumped on a concrete floor a few times at least 5-7 feet, was in a hail storm, and in a backpack which I threw across the room. The metal band on that was perfect and the only issue was a gouge to the left of the home button. I like the note 4 and not 100% sure on a 6 inch phone so I'll decide within the next 4-5 days to return the note 4 but I'm leaning toward keeping it.... I like the Samsung "bloatware" and like the ir blaster

10-20-2014 01:49 PM
    Ill take scratched metal over chipped plastic any day of the week.
    10-21-2014 10:37 AM
    Great, you clearly scratched it and then blame Samsung?

Why aren't our, the rest of the millions of Note 4's also "magically" being scratched?

Admit you got it scratched carelessly somehow and move on man.

LegalAmerican likes this.
    10-21-2014 10:54 AM
    Great, you clearly scratched it and then blame Samsung?

Why aren't our, the rest of the millions of Note 4's also "magically" being scratched?

Admit you got it scratched carelessly somehow and move on man.

I guarantee I didn't scratch it 200% so yes I'll blame t-mobile or whoever

10-21-2014 11:07 AM

You do realize your guarantee means moot to any here or outside. The faster you get out of denial, the faster you can focus on the issue.

I have had my Note 4 since Oct 13th, no case, and use it all over the clock. No magical scratches.

10-21-2014 11:20 AM
    You do realize your guarantee means moot to any here or outside. The faster you get out of denial, the faster you can focus on the issue.

I have had my Note 4 since Oct 13th, no case, and use it all over the clock. No magical scratches.

What denial .... I didn't scratch it nor my issue is the scratch.... My issue is since it got scratched i wonder how easy it would be down the line

10-21-2014 11:28 AM
    Pointless thread is pointless.
    Old Stoneface likes this.
    10-21-2014 11:31 AM
    What denial .... I didn't scratch it nor my issue is the scratch.... My issue is since it got scratched i wonder how easy it would be down the line

So what's the problem. Sell it. Get something else. Like an iPhone lol. Really man, you need to stop complaining.

10-21-2014 11:36 AM

You're being a bit silly at this point. A few weeks ago I noticed there was a gash in the Incipio Feather case holding my HTC M8.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO idea how this happened. I don't recall my phone ever hitting something that hard to cause this gash. But am I blaming Incipio, HTC, T-Mobile, etc at this point? Of course not. Logic tells me that something happened where my phone got bumped and it didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but obviously made more of an impact than I thought. My best guess is that it happened when I had to hit the breaks a little harder than usual and it slid under my seat. I don't have anything damaging under the seat that I know could have caused that, nor did I slam on the breaks so hard it would've flown hard at something. But, that's what I'm going with.

Like has already been mentioned, had there been an actual problem with the metal, you would have heard many people by now who have been only as rough as being slightly aggressive in putting cases on who have scratched their metal bezel. Where are those claims?
    10-21-2014 11:41 AM
    Hey look I noticed a tiny tiny scratch on my metal too. Do I care? No. Why not? Because I barely notice it and neither will anyone else.

It's not a Tesla Model S. Now that I would cry over.

Posted via My Note 4
    Tabbiel1989 likes this.
    10-21-2014 11:42 AM
    So what's the problem. Sell it. Get something else. Like an iPhone lol. Really man, you need to stop complaining.

I can complain as much as I want to....

10-21-2014 12:44 PM
    You're being a bit silly at this point. A few weeks ago I noticed there was a gash in the Incipio Feather case holding my HTC M8.

http://i.imgur.com/FJeEyuR.jpg

I have ABSOLUTELY NO idea how this happened. I don't recall my phone ever hitting something that hard to cause this gash. But am I blaming Incipio, HTC, T-Mobile, etc at this point? Of course not. Logic tells me that something happened where my phone got bumped and it didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but obviously made more of an impact than I thought. My best guess is that it happened when I had to hit the breaks a little harder than usual and it slid under my seat. I don't have anything damaging under the seat that I know could have caused that, nor did I slam on the breaks so hard it would've flown hard at something. But, that's what I'm going with.

Like has already been mentioned, had there been an actual problem with the metal, you would have heard many people by now who have been only as rough as being slightly aggressive in putting cases on who have scratched their metal bezel. Where are those claims?
    I know I didn't scratch it....

10-21-2014 12:45 PM
    Closingracer, we believe you. Or I do. Let's calm down and just enjoy our new phones. We all have a common interest. Let's get back to that.

Note 2 via Android Central App
    americasteam likes this.
    10-21-2014 01:03 PM
    There's seems to be a lot personal banter going on her...

I'll add my two cents.

Let me start by saying I absolutely love the design of the Note 4, the metal edges, the wrap around look of the glass panel. I even love of the antenna bands look cutting the metal frame. I truly believe it is a beatiful device.

But I sadly have to agree with the OP, I am disappointed that the metal frame scratches so easily, I've had my phone for 3 days and already I've noticed light wear on the metal frame booth top and bottom and I am extremely mindful with my devices... to the point that before I lay my note on a table I will put a napkin or tissue.

This is not something specific to Samsung, I had the M7 and I had the same issue. It is not really a deal breaker or anything like that. But I just wish it had been power coated with some sort of scratch resistant material or something. It won't avoid them completely, but it would've helped a bit.
    Tabbiel1989 and marrzie like this.
    10-21-2014 07:57 PM
    that is the whole point, that the metal scratches easily. that's it.

somehow every thread turns into a pissing contest
    10-21-2014 08:11 PM
207 1234 ...