08-30-2015 03:15 PM
207 12345 ...
tools
    that is the whole point, that the metal scratches easily. that's it.

somehow every thread turns into a pissing contest
    I honestly don't care about the current scratch since I have to love with it already... I want to know how easy it is in the future...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-21-2014 08:23 PM
    Maybe you should scratch the paint completely off the metal frame. In kinda tempted to do that myself.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    10-21-2014 09:14 PM
    I'll tell you what i'm sick of. I'm sick of people coming into my home when i'm asleep and scratching my metal phone.
    Lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-22-2014 05:51 AM
    Maybe you should scratch the paint completely off the metal frame. In kinda tempted to do that myself.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    I remember when I was on the MyTouch 4G forum someone got a scratch on their metal battery door and noticed it was black and glossy underneath (instead of a gunmetal color). He carefully scraped off the rest of the coating, and the result was fantastic.
    10-22-2014 08:11 AM
    It is unbelievable to me that ppl will find something to complain about no matter what improvements are made to a device. Up in arms that it is made of plastic and when the metal version comes out it scratches too easy. You can't make a phone that cannot be damaged. Put a case on your phone and move on. If you really don't like what they have done with the design, return it and buy something else. Rant over. On another Note, I love this phone more than I thought I would.
    10-22-2014 08:25 AM
    It is unbelievable to me that ppl will find something to complain about no matter what improvements are made to a device. Up in arms that it is made of plastic and when the metal version comes out it scratches too easy. You can't make a phone that cannot be damaged. Put a case on your phone and move on. If you really don't like what they have done with the design, return it and buy something else. Rant over. On another Note, I love this phone more than I thought I would.
    I have my legal right to complain and I'll use it enough said. I spent my money on it and if I want to complain I'll complain

10-22-2014 08:33 AM
    I have my legal right to complain and I'll use it enough said. I spent my money on it and if I want to complain I'll complain

Everyone leave him alone. It's his party and he'll cry if he wants to. You would cry too if it happened to you.
    10-22-2014 08:42 AM
    This thread represents one of the problems in America. So many topics now have the potential to evolve into personal attacks. If the OP had posted a similar topic several years ago, the conversation would be more constructive, with less personal attacks and jokes.

One thing that I take away from this thread (and similar threads) is that even though I would prefer to use this phone without a case, I'm now thinking of looking for a slim case to avoid scratches on the metal.
    10-22-2014 09:21 AM
    I agree with generic username, except for a slightly different reason. One of the problems in America boils down to blaming everyone but yourself for any perceived wrong. My phone gets scratched, there's NO possible way I might've done it, it HAD to be someone else's fault. For the conversation to be constructive as you stated, both sides would have to accept some sort of guilt, that way we could try to narrow it down to what might have caused the slight damage to the device. Instead we're supposed to believe that air flowing over it caused the damage. How does that help anyone to avoid making the same mistake in the future? If it was me, i'd try to think of any time I might've done ANYTHING to cause I scratch so I could help y'all avoid doing the same thing.
    10-22-2014 09:26 AM
    There's seems to be a lot personal banter going on her...

I'll add my two cents.

Let me start by saying I absolutely love the design of the Note 4, the metal edges, the wrap around look of the glass panel. I even love of the antenna bands look cutting the metal frame. I truly believe it is a beatiful device.

But I sadly have to agree with the OP, I am disappointed that the metal frame scratches so easily, I've had my phone for 3 days and already I've noticed light wear on the metal frame booth top and bottom and I am extremely mindful with my devices... to the point that before I lay my note on a table I will put a napkin or tissue.

This is not something specific to Samsung, I had the M7 and I had the same issue. It is not really a deal breaker or anything like that. But I just wish it had been power coated with some sort of scratch resistant material or something. It won't avoid them completely, but it would've helped a bit.
    I am exactly the same way and still have scratches. There's really no getting around it other than using a case which I seldom do.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-22-2014 09:30 AM
    I agree with generic username, except for a slightly different reason. One of the problems in America boils down to blaming everyone but yourself for any perceived wrong. My phone gets scratched, there's NO possible way I might've done it, it HAD to be someone else's fault. For the conversation to be constructive as you stated, both sides would have to accept some sort of guilt, that way we could try to narrow it down to what might have caused the slight damage to the device. Instead we're supposed to believe that air flowing over it caused the damage. How does that help anyone to avoid making the same mistake in the future? If it was me, i'd try to think of any time I might've done ANYTHING to cause I scratch so I could help y'all avoid doing the same thing.
    I know I didn't scratch it though.... To much ocd to do it myself...

10-22-2014 09:47 AM
    I know I didn't scratch it though.... To much ocd to do it myself...

We've established that you couldn't have done it. Except no one believes it. I'm just responding to the other guy who thinks we're supposed to make constructive suggestions about this situation when we're still trying to determine how something magically got damaged. It's tough to be constructive in our responses when we're still having to navigate through the fantasy world of things getting damaged for no reason.
    10-22-2014 09:53 AM
    Could you possibly have clicked the box for the optional scratched up phone when ordering it? I think they were the same price.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    10-22-2014 10:10 AM
    Scratchgate?
    10-22-2014 11:33 AM
    How all these posts and no pictures of the scratch??

And I love the "nope - I didn't scratch it" mentality... Hahaha. "it wasn't me"

Not trying to flame - just entertained is all...
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    10-22-2014 12:14 PM

You are and it wasn't my fault..... I didn't do it because I know I didn't

As far as pics goes it wouldn't show nor is my issue as I've said plenty of of times on here. My issue is if it is scratched now how easy it would be in the future and how bad in 12 months. I shouldn't need to buy a case to keep it in good shape

10-22-2014 12:16 PM
    Would you be able to post a picture of it? I am actually curious to see it to compare to my device.
    10-22-2014 12:19 PM
    Would you be able to post a picture of it? I am actually curious to see it to compare to my device.
    Not really.. Maybe if t-mobile sends me a replacement which I doubt now and have to call them again ( t-mobile customer service is the worse thing on the planet) to see if I can get a replacement for this phone with input issues

10-22-2014 12:20 PM
    How can anyone possibly address your concern of the device scratching more in the near future, let alone 12 months from now... come on seriously?
    10-22-2014 01:14 PM

I thought of the song by Shaggy....

"Tell her it wasn't you." 'Alright'

But she caught me on the counter (It wasn't me)
    Saw me kissin' on the sofa (It wasn't me)
    I even --- --- in the shower (It wasn't me)
    She even caught me on camera (It wasn't me)
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    10-22-2014 01:22 PM
    How can anyone possibly address your concern of the device scratching more in the near future, let alone 12 months from now... come on seriously?
    How can't you? Taking how easy it got scratched now and going ahead 12 months guess how bad in 12 months?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    10-22-2014 01:23 PM
    I thought of the song by Shaggy....

"Tell her it wasn't you." 'Alright'

But she caught me on the counter (It wasn't me)
    Saw me kissin' on the sofa (It wasn't me)
    I even --- --- in the shower (It wasn't me)
    She even caught me on camera (It wasn't me)
    This has been in my head since I made that post earlier!

Sad that came out my freshman year of college.... Lol. Or was it sophomore? (Freshman year was Fall '01).

Wow - I'm old already...
    10-22-2014 01:26 PM
    This has been in my head since I made that post earlier!

Sad that came out my freshman year of college.... Lol. Or was it sophomore? (Freshman year was Fall '01).

Wow - I'm old already...
    It came out when I was in 9th grade!
    10-22-2014 01:28 PM
    His compiled tweets would be a great for an edition of "Real Actors Read Yelp"

LegalAmerican and stanleybb50 like this.
    10-22-2014 01:41 PM
    Not really.. Maybe if t-mobile sends me a replacement which I doubt now and have to call them again ( t-mobile customer service is the worse thing on the planet) to see if I can get a replacement for this phone with input issues

There's your problem. Don't CALL them if you can avoid it. Take it to a store. Reps are much better there, with a few exceptions (one store in my area seems to have a knack for hiring morons and have for years).
    10-22-2014 01:59 PM
207 12345 ...