08-30-2015 04:15 PM
207 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I know I didn't scratch it....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    I calla BS on this one my friend. I have slight scratches on the shiny part on the bottom of my phone and I can tell you it is likely from fumbling with my charger in the dark. If you OPENED the box and noticed scratches as soon as you opened it, I would be inclined to believe you, but regardless, something happened and you scratched it.

These posts remind me of Erik The Viking and the sinking of Atlantis. "No we're not sinking" Tra la la la!
    10-29-2014 11:49 PM
    I calla BS on this one my friend. I have slight scratches on the shiny part on the bottom of my phone and I can tell you it is likely from fumbling with my charger in the dark. If you OPENED the box and noticed scratches as soon as you opened it, I would be inclined to believe you, but regardless, something happened and you scratched it.

These posts remind me of Erik The Viking and the sinking of Atlantis. "No we're not sinking" Tra la la la!
    My replacement ALSO was scratched right out of the box..... Don't call my valid complaint BS because it isn't! I DONT fumble with chargers and baby my device so don't tell me how I treat my phone because I guarantee I DIDN'T SCRATCH IT

It is also scratched in the SAME AREA
    10-29-2014 11:52 PM
    My replacement ALSO was scratched right out of the box..... Don't call my valid complaint BS because it isn't! I DONT fumble with chargers and baby my device so don't tell me how I treat my phone because I guarantee I DIDN'T SCRATCH IT

It is also scratched in the SAME AREA
    Poor muffin! Tech God hates you!
    10-30-2014 12:39 AM
    I've had a Note 4 from launch day. Unfortunately I scratched the metal, hit it on the door, before my case arrived.

But there's an easy way to fix it! Have no fear!

Where ever the scratch is, as long as it's not too bad, take a soft piece of tissue. Not paper towel! Don't use paper towels! Use toilet paper or tissue. Get 1 or 2 tissues and start collecting your crybaby tears. When the tissue is wet enough just buff the scratch out.

It shouldn't be a hassle, tissue paper is fairly cheap, and you definitely have an abundance of crybaby tears. You might wanna think long term though...you could start a business repairing Note 4s!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Alexander Burnside likes this.
    10-30-2014 01:10 AM
    Just checking in on this thread -- Still no scratches for me on mine and been naked since day 1 .
    10-30-2014 08:26 AM
    If my first AND second device came out of the box with scratches...I'd be giving the carrier a good thrashing.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    10-30-2014 09:43 AM
    If my first AND second device came out of the box with scratches...I'd be giving the carrier a good thrashing.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    Took me forever to get my 2nd device.... So many problems with t-mobile
    10-30-2014 06:05 PM
    I don't really know how much of a scratch you are talking about. The aluminum is very prone to scratching. I baby my phone in an extremely ocd way. It is always wrapped in a fresh detailing grade microfiber cloth. I usually hold my phone with the cloth when not in public. However my phone has tiny microscratches in the finish. Not easily seen but under fluorescent light used for my other hobby detailing you can see the kind of scratches you would normally try to buff out when detailing a vehicle. Now, I can see these scratches because i've grown to instinctively look for these defects but nothing you would see under casual observation. Now. I've read the spigen uc cases can cause quite a bit of damage to the edge. The bottom line is that the metal is soft and prone to scratching and that the plastic chrome in many ways is more durable in terms of its finish. I stressed over this for a few days and i've come to the conclusion to just enjoy the phone because under jump v1 i'm really just renting this thing until the next jump anyways. on a side note yes t-mobile is a nightmare.
    11-01-2014 05:55 AM
    Mine ended up getting scratched...with a knife. I was trying to dislodge a large piece of dust. I'm not sure how it got there with my case covering the "gap". It's re-covered so it's not that big of a deal.

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless
    11-01-2014 09:27 PM
    These things are going to scratch, guys.

Go look at a used iphone5 that didnt have a case on it. There will be all kinds of wear on the edges. This is the price you pay for "premium"
    iOSConvert2k14 and eao1991 like this.
    11-01-2014 11:58 PM
    every post I see has 'scratches' in the the same area. Its not coincidnetal. These are machined edges so it can't be a mistake in the mold. the 'scratch run along both sides of the shiny edges. They are in a straight line. If you follow them thru middle white (or black - depending color of the phone. you'll see a very thin 'patch Alomost rectangular in shape. I believe this is some kind of tape. The problm is that its on so darn tight ti can't get it off without 'scratching' it!!!

Does anyone else see whatI'm talking about? Its so subtle and I cant seem to get a good image of it.
    11-04-2014 01:12 AM
    every post I see has 'scratches' in the the same area. Its not coincidnetal. These are machined edges so it can't be a mistake in the mold. the 'scratch run along both sides of the shiny edges. They are in a straight line. If you follow them thru middle white (or black - depending color of the phone. you'll see a very thin 'patch Alomost rectangular in shape. I believe this is some kind of tape. The problm is that its on so darn tight ti can't get it off without 'scratching' it!!!

Does anyone else see whatI'm talking about? Its so subtle and I cant seem to get a good image of it.
    Are you talking about the antenna?
    11-04-2014 08:58 AM
    These things are going to scratch, guys.

Go look at a used iphone5 that didnt have a case on it. There will be all kinds of wear on the edges. This is the price you pay for "premium"
    Even my old iPhone 5 that had a case on it still got scratches from debris that got between the case and the phone. Somehow I managed to keep my 5s pristine. Probably cause I never took that sucker out of its waterproof case This is just what happens with devices with metal builds.
    11-04-2014 09:29 AM
    I can't believe everyone gives the OP such a hard time.

The Note 4 is a scratch-magnet. Even the metal around the home button is already scratched, and I'm OCD with my phones. I have the Note 3, still mint condition, but the Note 4 after two weeks? Scratch city. Dedicated pocket, micro-fiber cloth, no drops, doesn't matter. It's not from silica (like sand) either because it's not deep enough scratches to be from that.

Bottom line is, they used the cheapest aluminum I've ever seen on a phone - let alone an $800 phone.. I'm jumping to the Nexus 6 based on this alone.. in 12 months the Note 4 will look like it was in a war.. sad because I love the phone itself, but I can't stand something that scratches for no reason when I paid that much money. I was considering maybe trying the Edge but I bet they used the same crappy aluminum on that too.

Oh and the home button? Use fingerprint unlock for two weeks, I promise you will see a TON of micro-scratches on it. Don't know what material they used for that but it's not Gorilla Glass I can promise you that!
    NerdTopper likes this.
    11-04-2014 02:07 PM

The Note 4 is a scratch-magnet. Even the metal around the home button is already scratched, and I'm OCD with my phones. I have the Note 3, still mint condition, but the Note 4 after two weeks? Scratch city. Dedicated pocket, micro-fiber cloth, no drops, doesn't matter. It's not from silica (like sand) either because it's not deep enough scratches to be from that.

Bottom line is, they used the cheapest aluminum I've ever seen on a phone - let alone an $800 phone.. I'm jumping to the Nexus 6 based on this alone.. in 12 months the Note 4 will look like it was in a war.. sad because I love the phone itself, but I can't stand something that scratches for no reason when I paid that much money. I was considering maybe trying the Edge but I bet they used the same crappy aluminum on that too.

Oh and the home button? Use fingerprint unlock for two weeks, I promise you will see a TON of micro-scratches on it. Don't know what material they used for that but it's not Gorilla Glass I can promise you that!
    Yeah I've returned my note 4 but that's because I want to move carriers and if I didn't need a phone now I would wait out for a nexus 6 but I'll just get a moto x or the new droid turbo on Verizon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-04-2014 02:08 PM

I am the opposite. I have had mine since October 13th and have no scratches -- and I run the phone naked .
    11-04-2014 03:39 PM
    I am the opposite. I have had mine since October 13th and have no scratches -- and I run the phone naked .
    I guarantee that you have micro-scratches, you either don't have sharp enough vision to see them, or you're lying. 10/13 huh?
    11-04-2014 05:35 PM
    I guarantee that you have micro-scratches, you either don't have sharp enough vision to see them, or you're lying. 10/13 huh?
    From what I can see they're not there. I am looking pretty close.. And I'm not old so.. Not sure not seeing them. I have no reason to lie.

And Yep 10/13. T-Mobile sent many pre-orders out early and a lot of us got it a week early .
    11-04-2014 05:39 PM
    If you want your phone to stay in pristine condition you'll need to get a case and screen protector. Lots of nice cases and tempered glass for the screen is great.
    11-04-2014 05:48 PM
    Got mine on Thursday, 10/16. No scratches whatsoever, and I've examined the phone with a magnifying glass. It's been in an s-view case since day one. I carry it in my handbag when I'm not using it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-04-2014 05:51 PM
    If you want your phone to stay in pristine condition you'll need to get a case and screen protector. Lots of nice cases and tempered glass for the screen is great.
    Actually there have been quite a few reports that many cases are in fact causing scratches on the metal bezel. Also, there is currently no tempered glass protectors that will cover the entire screen due to the curved glass edges. Many companies actually pulled their protectors off the market because of this.
    11-04-2014 07:37 PM
    Yea pristine is probably a mark that is likely unachievable for these kinds of devices now. But keeping them in decent shape is still worthwhile I think. Micro-scratches are inevitable I think. But without a case and screen protector I think more significant damage might also be inevitable. I am sure of it in my case.
    11-04-2014 07:53 PM
    Actually there have been quite a few reports that many cases are in fact causing scratches on the metal bezel. Also, there is currently no tempered glass protectors that will cover the entire screen due to the curved glass edges. Many companies actually pulled their protectors off the market because of this.
    I'd read this...unfortunate indeed. Might actually keep me from getting a Note 4.
    Yea pristine is probably a mark that is likely unachievable for these kinds of devices now. But keeping them in decent shape is still worthwhile I think. Micro-scratches are inevitable I think. But without a case and screen protector I think more significant damage might also be inevitable. I am sure of it in my case.
    I've been able to keep my Note 3 and previous phones pristine...so I'd not expect anything less with any new device.
    11-04-2014 09:03 PM
    I've had a case from spigen on my black N4 since I got mine but the case itself scuffed up the bottom chamfered edge, no big deal since I always have a case on it so I will never see it, I'll probably just switch the case.. but it is just a phone so it doesn't affect me much
    11-04-2014 09:18 PM
    I've had a case from spigen on my black N4 since I got mine but the case itself scuffed up the bottom chamfered edge, no big deal since I always have a case on it so I will never see it, I'll probably just switch the case.. but it is just a phone so it doesn't affect me much
    I had the same problem with the Spigen Ultra Capsule TPU and slim fit plastic case.

I now have the Samsung case, and I hear it won't scratch the phone. I just go the case so will report back in a few weeks.
    TheDarkKnight0818 likes this.
    11-04-2014 10:38 PM
207 ... 45678 ...