08-30-2015 04:15 PM
207 ... 56789
tools
    I had the same problem with the Spigen Ultra Capsule TPU and slim fit plastic case.

I now have the Samsung case, and I hear it won't scratch the phone. I just go the case so will report back in a few weeks.
    Yeah that's the case I currently have (the capsule) I guess you get what you pay for since it was only $10 :/
    11-05-2014 12:14 AM
    I just took off my Ringke FUSION Shock Absorption Bumper Clear Hybrid Case and the chamfered edges on the top and bottom of my note 4 are all scratched up!!
    11-06-2014 03:31 PM
    You guys are really making me appreciate the condition of my Note 3.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    11-06-2014 03:44 PM
    My replacement ALSO was scratched right out of the box..... Don't call my valid complaint BS because it isn't! I DONT fumble with chargers and baby my device so don't tell me how I treat my phone because I guarantee I DIDN'T SCRATCH IT

It is also scratched in the SAME AREA
    Mine also has a scratch right out of the box. It takes a magnifying glass to see it but it is there.

Also looks like a little paint chipping around one of the mic holes.

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy says this is just thin chrome plating and not aluminum on these shiny edges.
    11-06-2014 04:18 PM
    Mine also has a scratch right out of the box. It takes a magnifying glass to see it but it is there.

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy says this is just thin chrome plating and not aluminum on these shiny edges.
    do you have the video for it?
    11-18-2014 07:15 PM
    The note 4 scratches easily when u plugging it in.. If u change cases frequently... I noticed this... I had the galaxy S3 s4 and S5 none of those scratched as easily as the note 4....a few ppl I know have the note 4...all going through same issues... Nevertheless it's a gd device!!!

*My Sexy Note 4*
    11-18-2014 10:47 PM

Yes u r right around the mic hole a piece of paint chipped off of mines like the first week... Lmbo I was so pissed.... For such an expensive high end device... Samsung used very cheap material!

*My Sexy Note 4*
    11-18-2014 10:50 PM
    My brother used a cheap swap meet case that was hard plastic and it scratched the plastic on his s4. Stay away from hard cases that don't use a polyurethane or soft gel like material on the inside.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    11-19-2014 01:27 AM
    Why would anyone want plastic on a phone over metal?

I have the same problem though with scratching. But mine didn't magically get scratched. It's because the smallest dirt and grit get in the case. I used the spigen neo hybrid which isn't that good of a case for the cost.

Still the phone is amazing and this kind of thing is to be expected on a phone. Remember it's just a phone and if it doesn't get small scratches then it's going to be another problem. The nexus 6 is metal too and it's quite a bit thicker. Even though they both share the same hardware, note 4 is way better because it's nicer looking, thinner and has more features. The only thing the nexus has over the note is 2 speakers but if I want to blast my music I'll use a portable speaker.
    12-06-2014 08:21 AM

So a little chrome polish on a q-tip should do the trick....

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-06-2014 08:40 AM
    Sorry dude. No case? Expect cosmetic damage eventually.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T
    12-07-2014 10:53 AM
    To say I am disappointed with them(Samsung) using metal is an understatement. Already scratched the bottom of my phone slightly and never had anything in my pocket other then my phone and it wasn't even a tight pocket

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    I can totally understand what you're saying, I'm having the same issues unfortunately. The metal does scratch very easily and I must say I have taken very good care of it, I know I have. Note 4 is almost perfect, except the quality of the design, specifically the metal frame. Get a strong rubber plastic cover, rather than a hard/metal case, it'll scratch the phone even more whilst inserting or removing the phone from the case.

Oh yeah, if you're super upset about the scratches, you might be able to get it polished. Go to your local mobile repair stores or something.
    12-21-2014 05:46 PM
    This is why I got rid of the note 4. Imagine what this phone will look like after a year? Great phone, great design except the metal frame.
    12-21-2014 05:53 PM
    There's several things about the Note 3's design that I prefer to the Note 4's. The rounded glass that makes a tempered glass screen protector more of a challenge. The easy-scratch metal. It's enough to seriously diminish any desire I may somehow still have for the Note 4. Especially given the perfect condition of my 6-month-old Note 3 that is only through half of it's life (for me anyways).
    12-22-2014 09:25 AM
    Sorry dude. No case? Expect cosmetic damage eventually.

Lol? It was like it out of box

This is why I got rid of the note 4. Imagine what this phone will look like after a year? Great phone, great design except the metal frame.

It's annoying for sure but not enough to sell it imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-22-2014 09:28 AM
    Guys chill. Stop bullying him, it's true. Android Authority (was it?) States this problem. Even my note 4 has some (MINORRR) scratches already
    12-22-2014 10:25 AM
    Lol? It was like it out of box
    Sorry to hear that. If that was the case then I would have gotten an exchange immediately. But I do recommend a case, especially one that is soft on the inside since those edges seem delicate.

12-22-2014 10:55 AM
    Sorry to hear that. If that was the case then I would have gotten an exchange immediately. But I do recommend a case, especially one that is soft on the inside since those edges seem delicate.

Lol I've gone through 3 . 2 with t-mobile and was exchanged for other reasons and now with Verizon . While annoying I rather not have the case . The note 3 never had an issue and now is with this metal ....shouldn't have to change because of it. Could of just painted all the metal imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-22-2014 03:16 PM
    i am using a diztronic full matte black case and i love it!! first its the thinnest thing out there about and there is a lip so you can put it face down without the screen touching the surface.its also non slippery and adds just the right amount of grip but still easily removed from a pocket...and its $9 !! Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Already scratched the metal...-untitled.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 4 Already scratched the metal...-612td5xwhkl._sl1500_.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 4 Already scratched the metal...-51hshjrdwcl._sl1500_.jpg
    12-22-2014 03:33 PM
    [QUOTE=furfmonkey;4142178]i am using a diztronic full matte black case and i love it!! first its the thinnest thing out there about and there is a lip so you can put it face down without the screen touching the surface.its also non slippery and adds just the right amount of grip but still easily removed from a pocket...and its $9 !!

It doesn't look like it protects the bottom front edge. I like the case though.
    12-22-2014 08:24 PM
    Really pleased with the build quality of the Note 4 so far. I had the Z3 for about a week of careful usage and the screen suffered a number of scratches but the screen on the Note 4 seems much more durable so far.

The metal band is holding up well so far too but that's a minor point for me. As long as the screen remains durable, I can live with scratches on the metal.
    12-22-2014 08:54 PM
    Really pleased with the build quality of the Note 4 so far. I had the Z3 for about a week of careful usage and the screen suffered a number of scratches but the screen on the Note 4 seems much more durable so far.

The metal band is holding up well so far too but that's a minor point for me. As long as the screen remains durable, I can live with scratches on the metal.
    Tempered glass screen protector?
    12-22-2014 08:56 PM
    Tempered glass screen protector?
    Not as yet....but it's on my Christmas list.

I'm fairly careful with my phones and I was extremely disappointed with how the Z3 scratched up so easily and quickly.
    12-22-2014 09:09 PM
    I use a Tech 21 case with a Zagg tempered glass screen protector and that combo has really kept my Note 3 in pristine condition. Very happy with that.
    12-22-2014 09:45 PM
    It doesn't look like it protects the bottom front edge. I like the case though.
    it does protect all 4 sides that cutaway pic is to show how raised it is ugh cant remove top pic its a note 2 bottom 1 is correct phone .. you can lay it face down and none of the screen will touch surface
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Already scratched the metal...-71-wbbxrqjl._sl1500_.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Already scratched the metal...-81blnhx27cl._sl1500_.jpg  
    12-23-2014 02:56 AM
207 ... 56789