08-30-2015 03:15 PM
207 ... 6789
tools
    12-23-2014 03:14 AM
    I have a Slick Wrap. I don't recommend using the front, because it covers the sensor so the screen doesn't light up when its supposed to. The Slick Wrap does have strips to cover the top, sides, and bottom though. It allows me to put on and take off cases as much as I want without scratches. The holes in the wrap are PERFECT for my Sprint model so I dont have to worry about the charging port or headphone jack scratching or chipping. It doesn't cover the mic holes or speaker on the back either. So all in all, the only problem is that I cant use the front piece. For me, the pros outweigh the cons.

SGN4 :-D
    12-23-2014 10:31 AM
    Well, all this talk...I went and traded my Note 3 for Note 4 a couple of hours ago (had to pay off my Next). The Note 4 comes with a plastic protector on the metal. I told them to leave it on, thank you very much. ...then had them install Body Guardz tempered glass and then put the phone in a Body Glove case (until I can get a Tech 21 for it).

I expect that the phone will stay just fine with this but will check the metal occasionally for scratches.

Now I have a reasonable camera on the phone and more.

Happy Birthday to me.

from the Note 4
    thetaylor310 likes this.
    12-23-2014 03:03 PM
    Well, all this talk...I went and traded my Note 3 for Note 4 a couple of hours ago (had to pay off my Next). The Note 4 comes with a plastic protector on the metal. I told them to leave it on, thank you very much. ...then had them install Body Guardz tempered glass and then put the phone in a Body Glove case (until I can get a Tech 21 for it).

I expect that the phone will stay just fine with this but will check the metal occasionally for scratches.

Now I have a reasonable camera on the phone and more.

Happy Birthday to me.

from the Note 4
    You'll love it! Happy Birthday!

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-23-2014 04:20 PM
    Thanks. I loved my Note 3...just took it for granted with all its general excellence. I know the 4 is better but must admit that so far it's not night and day better.

from the Note 4
    Tabbiel1989 likes this.
    12-23-2014 08:45 PM
    Hi, i just had my note 4 last week and the metal frame has been scratched as well any tips or suggestions guys?? I am currently using samsung's smart case. Please guys any tips.. i dont want my note 4 feels old because the metal frame will be scratched eventually.
    01-21-2015 12:31 AM
    Hi, i just had my note 4 last week and the metal frame has been scratched as well any tips or suggestions guys?? I am currently using samsung's smart case. Please guys any tips.. i dont want my note 4 feels old because the metal frame will be scratched eventually.
    Perhaps a Spigen Neo Hybrid Aluminum case. It'll look great and protect the phone itself.
    Tony DeLuce likes this.
    01-21-2015 03:19 AM
    In fact i do agree.. been using it for 2 days and realised it is easily scratched due to the highly polished look.. as i am a watch collector as well, guess we should live with it.. however, not very sure, but maybe some Cape Cod Cloths would help? But would really need to be very careful.. dare not try it yet though, as mine is just some minor scratches..
    02-09-2015 07:39 PM
    You scratched it with the charger. The end.

Sent from my glorious note 4.
    02-09-2015 11:02 PM
    I bought a note 4 off eBay a couple days ago, the metal edges were pretty banged up. I taped off the screen very carefully with painters tape, make sure the corners were taped perfectly, removed the back, then sanded the shiny surfaces of the edges with 1000 grit automotive sandpaper. Worked like a charm, phone looks brand new. If you decide to try this, just go slow, be careful, and pay attention. There are several spots around the edges where a piece of plastic crosses over the metal, I assume they are parts of the antenna, avoid those while sanding.
    02-24-2015 06:50 PM
    I bought a note 4 off eBay a couple days ago, the metal edges were pretty banged up. I taped off the screen very carefully with painters tape, make sure the corners were taped perfectly, removed the back, then sanded the shiny surfaces of the edges with 1000 grit automotive sandpaper. Worked like a charm, phone looks brand new. If you decide to try this, just go slow, be careful, and pay attention. There are several spots around the edges where a piece of plastic crosses over the metal, I assume they are parts of the antenna, avoid those while sanding.
    You have courage and skill. Nice.

G3 ๐Ÿ“ฑ
    02-24-2015 09:00 PM
    Try buying a case that is supposed to be kick-*** (ie: Spigen NeoHybrid), put it on your mint condition brand-new phone only to take it off two weeks later to find every millimeter of shiny stuff severely scratched-up. Yeah, it's awesome.
    02-24-2015 09:02 PM
    Try buying a case that is supposed to be kick-*** (ie: Spigen NeoHybrid), put it on your mint condition brand-new phone only to take it off two weeks later to find every millimeter of shiny stuff severely scratched-up. Yeah, it's awesome.
    Yeah I given up caring about it and now I don't notice it lol. I had 3 note 4's and all had the issue .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    JackMerson likes this.
    02-24-2015 09:02 PM
    Seriously guys. Mine has major scratches on right top and bottom corner and I DON'T care.

If all of you just ignored it, I believe you won't even noticed it when using.

And speaking of where I got my scratches, I used the metallic aluminum bumper for a test when I heard a frightening scratch. Was heartbroken but I will live. :/

Posted from my Note 4
    02-24-2015 09:08 PM
    Seriously guys. Mine has major scratches on right top and bottom corner and I DON'T care.

If all of you just ignored it, I believe you won't even noticed it when using.

And speaking of where I got my scratches, I used the metallic aluminum bumper for a test when I heard a frightening scratch. Was heartbroken but I will live. :/

Posted from my Note 4
    Still it's the principle though ....I have an iPad and that's still in perfect condition and have had an iPhone 4 and in perfect condition after 2 years

02-24-2015 09:09 PM
    Still it's the principle though ....I have an iPad and that's still in perfect condition and have had an iPhone 4 and in perfect condition after 2 years

To be fair, I actually had a thought that the chamfered edges of aluminum will get scratches much more easily, which is probably why I don't mind anymore. My iPad 2 is in a perfect condition as well but the aluminum seems to be more like an anodized one. I usually took so much care on my phones but surprisingly not so much on my Note 4 (most likely because it feel durable compared to my previous Z1).

Posted from my Note 4
    02-24-2015 09:15 PM
    I know one day my phones will get a blemish and I'll be heartbroken.

G3 ๐Ÿ“ฑ
    02-24-2015 10:10 PM
    I don't use cases.... And it can be the delivery guy because it sure wasn't me

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    Youre positive you didnt have any sort of abrasive material in your pocket. Damn, you must have the cleanest water on the planet. And you must have microscopic filters on your water lines going to your laundry because no matter what, there is sand and silt in your water. Your water is delivered from ...... under ground..... there are microscopic minerals and contaminants in everything you eat or drink. Heck, even a body hair can get caught in your pants and as it dries out it gets stiff. There are too many things to list that could happen to your clothes that could explain the scratches on your phone. And then there is the absolute confidence you have in stating that there is no way you missed the hole when trying to plug it in. Yeah. I feel ya man. I never miss the hole either. Give me a break. It happens. Aluminum is a very soft metal. Die cutting the edges and polishing them to a brilliant shine only serves to make them more delicate. If it has scratches on it, YOU did it. Not the delivery guy, not the manufacturers packaging. Yes, it could have been scratched in the packing plant but it is highly unlikely and as I take it, you would have noticed it sooner. You don't like the metal edge. We get it. You cant make everyone happy every time.
    02-25-2015 12:25 PM
    Youre positive you didnt have any sort of abrasive material in your pocket. Damn, you must have the cleanest water on the planet. And you must have microscopic filters on your water lines going to your laundry because no matter what, there is sand and silt in your water. Your water is delivered from ...... under ground..... there are microscopic minerals and contaminants in everything you eat or drink. Heck, even a body hair can get caught in your pants and as it dries out it gets stiff. There are too many things to list that could happen to your clothes that could explain the scratches on your phone. And then there is the absolute confidence you have in stating that there is no way you missed the hole when trying to plug it in. Yeah. I feel ya man. I never miss the hole either. Give me a break. It happens. Aluminum is a very soft metal. Die cutting the edges and polishing them to a brilliant shine only serves to make them more delicate. If it has scratches on it, YOU did it. Not the delivery guy, not the manufacturers packaging. Yes, it could have been scratched in the packing plant but it is highly unlikely and as I take it, you would have noticed it sooner. You don't like the metal edge. We get it. You cant make everyone happy every time.
    Lol it was like that out of box so it wasn't in my pockets. I have had three separate brand new note 4's and all three had this issue out of box . One was a replacement and returned both since I wasted to ditch t-mobile and the third one was Verizon's and they all was scratched out of box

02-25-2015 01:05 PM
    Lol it was like that out of box so it wasn't in my pockets. I have had three separate brand new note 4's and all three had this issue out of box . One was a replacement and returned both since I wasted to ditch t-mobile and the third one was Verizon's and they all was scratched out of box

You have bad luck with Note 4s.

G3 ๐Ÿ“ฑ๐Ÿญ
    02-25-2015 02:57 PM
    You have bad luck with Note 4s.

G3
    IDC I've given up caring a long time ago lol .

02-25-2015 02:59 PM

I have had 2 Note 4's, not a scratch until I put one on it. I have friends that have Note 4's that are still pristine after 3 months. I have looked at them in big box stores. The Best Buy people took one out of a box for me when I was shopping for it, not a scratch. You, Sir, have bad luck.
    02-26-2015 07:35 AM
    Lol I'll basically guarantee your note 4 metal has scratches on it ....it's not hard to scratch the metal

02-26-2015 07:37 AM
    Lol I'll basically guarantee your note 4 metal has scratches on it ....it's not hard to scratch the metal

I haven't noticed any scratches in the few times I've taken my Note 4 out of its case. ...and I hope I don't notice any.

๐Ÿ“ฑVI+๐Ÿ‰
    02-26-2015 07:38 AM
    I haven't noticed any scratches in the few times I've taken my Note 4 out of its case. ...and I hope I don't notice any.

VI+
    Just look at the metal ...it will have scratches . If other people with cases on it have it yours will as well

02-26-2015 07:39 AM
207 ... 6789