Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Already scratched the metal...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Already scratched the metal...

Yeah that shouldn't mess with it much at all. What really could mess with it is your delivery driver... Depends on how much it was man handled :D.
Yeah it is probably the delivery guy lol. The streets near me are pretty bad depending on his route.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

anon(5503495)

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

Yeah it is probably the delivery guy lol. The streets near me are pretty bad depending on his route.

No way was it the delivery guy. Nothing in that box can scratch the metal like that when it's in its place. Put a case on that phone and there will be less complaints on scratches.

Posted via Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

No way was it the delivery guy. Nothing in that box can scratch the metal like that when it's in its place. Put a case on that phone and there will be less complaints on scratches.

Posted via Android Central App
I don't use cases.... And it can be the delivery guy because it sure wasn't me

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Sorry man, but almost everything i've read from you about this phone has been complaints. Now i'm all for being objective, and I get that you want the Nexus 6 REALLY bad. But you wanted to switch this out for the Nexus 6 the second it was announced. Now you're saying the phone scratched itself for no reason whatsoever. If you create a thread like this and say what probably happened (and it makes some sense) then it can help others avoid the same issue. But to just create these threads with complaints just because this phone is not a Nexus 6 seems kinda messed up to me. Not trying to be a jerk by any means, just trying to figure out the point of all these negative complaints.

Hmm, maybe his phone had an itch that had to be scratched! (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Beltelmel

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Not sure how it could have happened after it was boxed but never the less:
Didn't yours come shipped with a narrow peel off protective clear plastic on the bottom? Mine did.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

but if the note 4 was made of all plastic again, people would complain and say samsung sucks. but they used metal, now people complain and say samsung sucks for using metal. good god, what is wrong with humans?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

but if the note 4 was made of all plastic again, people would complain and say samsung sucks. but they used metal, now people complain and say samsung sucks for using metal. good god, what is wrong with humans?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I never complained about Samsung using plastic.... I quite liked the note 3 fake chrome lol

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Perhaps powder coating the metal would have been an option to paint. Come to think of it, probably was always going to be pretty easy to at the very least scuff and/or possibly scratch the paint. But honestly, no case is such a risk that I would think that a scuff to the paint might end up being the least of one's worries.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps powder coating the metal would have been an option to paint. Come to think of it, probably was always going to be pretty easy to at the very least scuff and/or possibly scratch the paint. But honestly, no case is such a risk that I would think that a scuff to the paint might end up being the least of one's worries.
It wasn't scuff paint. It was the metal on the sides before the paint starts. Not a huge deal now but this tells me how easy it will be scratched and I wonder how bad it would look in 12 months

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Because I bought it and have the right to complain? I don't like metal and half the reason why I haven't considered the m7 or m8 at all. I just happened to notice this scratch and more of nitpicking more and Complaining at this point. I am just thinking if it can get scratched this easily I wonder how bad 12 months from now. I am assuming this scratch was done by delivery and since I wasn't home I have no idea which guy delivered it. One of them could of man handled it

I'm not saying you don't have the right to complain. All i'm saying is that if you can't find anything positive about it, and as you stated before you ONLY bought it for the large screen, then just sell it and put the money towards the Nexus 6. I just don't see a point to making yourself miserable using the Note 4 when you clearly do not like it. If it was me, i'd just sell it and not waste my time creating threads of all my various complaints and or posting all of them in other threads. Based on your signature you've used a wide enough range of devices to know what you do and don't like. If you knew you didn't like metal, don't buy a metal phone. Or do (like in this case) but then don't act surprised that it does what metal phones do.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I'll tell you what i'm sick of. I'm sick of people coming into my home when i'm asleep and scratching my metal phone.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm not saying you don't have the right to complain. All i'm saying is that if you can't find anything positive about it, and as you stated before you ONLY bought it for the large screen, then just sell it and put the money towards the Nexus 6. I just don't see a point to making yourself miserable using the Note 4 when you clearly do not like it. If it was me, i'd just sell it and not waste my time creating threads of all my various complaints and or posting all of them in other threads. Based on your signature you've used a wide enough range of devices to know what you do and don't like. If you knew you didn't like metal, don't buy a metal phone. Or do (like in this case) but then don't act surprised that it does what metal phones do.
I don't like metal phone but being as only the sides is metal I figured it would be OK. My iPhone 4 was abused by getting dumped on a concrete floor a few times at least 5-7 feet, was in a hail storm, and in a backpack which I threw across the room. The metal band on that was perfect and the only issue was a gouge to the left of the home button. I like the note 4 and not 100% sure on a 6 inch phone so I'll decide within the next 4-5 days to return the note 4 but I'm leaning toward keeping it.... I like the Samsung "bloatware" and like the ir blaster

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Great, you clearly scratched it and then blame Samsung?

Why aren't our, the rest of the millions of Note 4's also "magically" being scratched?

Admit you got it scratched carelessly somehow and move on man.

Posted via the Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Great, you clearly scratched it and then blame Samsung?

Why aren't our, the rest of the millions of Note 4's also "magically" being scratched?

Admit you got it scratched carelessly somehow and move on man.

I guarantee I didn't scratch it 200% so yes I'll blame t-mobile or whoever

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I guarantee I didn't scratch it 200% so yes I'll blame t-mobile or whoever

You do realize your guarantee means moot to any here or outside. The faster you get out of denial, the faster you can focus on the issue.

I have had my Note 4 since Oct 13th, no case, and use it all over the clock. No magical scratches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star