Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Already scratched the metal...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You do realize your guarantee means moot to any here or outside. The faster you get out of denial, the faster you can focus on the issue.

I have had my Note 4 since Oct 13th, no case, and use it all over the clock. No magical scratches.

Posted via the Android Central App
What denial .... I didn't scratch it nor my issue is the scratch.... My issue is since it got scratched i wonder how easy it would be down the line

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
What denial .... I didn't scratch it nor my issue is the scratch.... My issue is since it got scratched i wonder how easy it would be down the line

So what's the problem. Sell it. Get something else. Like an iPhone lol. Really man, you need to stop complaining.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I guarantee I didn't scratch it 200% so yes I'll blame t-mobile or whoever

You're being a bit silly at this point. A few weeks ago I noticed there was a gash in the Incipio Feather case holding my HTC M8.

FJeEyuR.jpg

I have ABSOLUTELY NO idea how this happened. I don't recall my phone ever hitting something that hard to cause this gash. But am I blaming Incipio, HTC, T-Mobile, etc at this point? Of course not. Logic tells me that something happened where my phone got bumped and it didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but obviously made more of an impact than I thought. My best guess is that it happened when I had to hit the breaks a little harder than usual and it slid under my seat. I don't have anything damaging under the seat that I know could have caused that, nor did I slam on the breaks so hard it would've flown hard at something. But, that's what I'm going with.

Like has already been mentioned, had there been an actual problem with the metal, you would have heard many people by now who have been only as rough as being slightly aggressive in putting cases on who have scratched their metal bezel. Where are those claims?

KingTongue

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey look I noticed a tiny tiny scratch on my metal too. Do I care? No. Why not? Because I barely notice it and neither will anyone else.

It's not a Tesla Model S. Now that I would cry over.

Posted via My Note 4

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You're being a bit silly at this point. A few weeks ago I noticed there was a gash in the Incipio Feather case holding my HTC M8.

http://i.imgur.com/FJeEyuR.jpg

I have ABSOLUTELY NO idea how this happened. I don't recall my phone ever hitting something that hard to cause this gash. But am I blaming Incipio, HTC, T-Mobile, etc at this point? Of course not. Logic tells me that something happened where my phone got bumped and it didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but obviously made more of an impact than I thought. My best guess is that it happened when I had to hit the breaks a little harder than usual and it slid under my seat. I don't have anything damaging under the seat that I know could have caused that, nor did I slam on the breaks so hard it would've flown hard at something. But, that's what I'm going with.

Like has already been mentioned, had there been an actual problem with the metal, you would have heard many people by now who have been only as rough as being slightly aggressive in putting cases on who have scratched their metal bezel. Where are those claims?
I know I didn't scratch it....

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Closingracer, we believe you. Or I do. Let's calm down and just enjoy our new phones. We all have a common interest. Let's get back to that.

Note 2 via Android Central App

ozziedr

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
There's seems to be a lot personal banter going on her...

I'll add my two cents.

Let me start by saying I absolutely love the design of the Note 4, the metal edges, the wrap around look of the glass panel. I even love of the antenna bands look cutting the metal frame. I truly believe it is a beatiful device.

But I sadly have to agree with the OP, I am disappointed that the metal frame scratches so easily, I've had my phone for 3 days and already I've noticed light wear on the metal frame booth top and bottom and I am extremely mindful with my devices... to the point that before I lay my note on a table I will put a napkin or tissue.

This is not something specific to Samsung, I had the M7 and I had the same issue. It is not really a deal breaker or anything like that. But I just wish it had been power coated with some sort of scratch resistant material or something. It won't avoid them completely, but it would've helped a bit.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
that is the whole point, that the metal scratches easily. that's it.

somehow every thread turns into a pissing contest
I honestly don't care about the current scratch since I have to love with it already... I want to know how easy it is in the future...

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Maybe you should scratch the paint completely off the metal frame. In kinda tempted to do that myself.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you should scratch the paint completely off the metal frame. In kinda tempted to do that myself.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

I remember when I was on the MyTouch 4G forum someone got a scratch on their metal battery door and noticed it was black and glossy underneath (instead of a gunmetal color). He carefully scraped off the rest of the coating, and the result was fantastic.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
It is unbelievable to me that ppl will find something to complain about no matter what improvements are made to a device. Up in arms that it is made of plastic and when the metal version comes out it scratches too easy. You can't make a phone that cannot be damaged. Put a case on your phone and move on. If you really don't like what they have done with the design, return it and buy something else. Rant over. On another Note, I love this phone more than I thought I would.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It is unbelievable to me that ppl will find something to complain about no matter what improvements are made to a device. Up in arms that it is made of plastic and when the metal version comes out it scratches too easy. You can't make a phone that cannot be damaged. Put a case on your phone and move on. If you really don't like what they have done with the design, return it and buy something else. Rant over. On another Note, I love this phone more than I thought I would.
I have my legal right to complain and I'll use it enough said. I spent my money on it and if I want to complain I'll complain

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have my legal right to complain and I'll use it enough said. I spent my money on it and if I want to complain I'll complain

Everyone leave him alone. It's his party and he'll cry if he wants to. You would cry too if it happened to you.

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
This thread represents one of the problems in America. So many topics now have the potential to evolve into personal attacks. If the OP had posted a similar topic several years ago, the conversation would be more constructive, with less personal attacks and jokes.

One thing that I take away from this thread (and similar threads) is that even though I would prefer to use this phone without a case, I'm now thinking of looking for a slim case to avoid scratches on the metal.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree with generic username, except for a slightly different reason. One of the problems in America boils down to blaming everyone but yourself for any perceived wrong. My phone gets scratched, there's NO possible way I might've done it, it HAD to be someone else's fault. For the conversation to be constructive as you stated, both sides would have to accept some sort of guilt, that way we could try to narrow it down to what might have caused the slight damage to the device. Instead we're supposed to believe that air flowing over it caused the damage. How does that help anyone to avoid making the same mistake in the future? If it was me, i'd try to think of any time I might've done ANYTHING to cause I scratch so I could help y'all avoid doing the same thing.

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
There's seems to be a lot personal banter going on her...

I'll add my two cents.

Let me start by saying I absolutely love the design of the Note 4, the metal edges, the wrap around look of the glass panel. I even love of the antenna bands look cutting the metal frame. I truly believe it is a beatiful device.

But I sadly have to agree with the OP, I am disappointed that the metal frame scratches so easily, I've had my phone for 3 days and already I've noticed light wear on the metal frame booth top and bottom and I am extremely mindful with my devices... to the point that before I lay my note on a table I will put a napkin or tissue.

This is not something specific to Samsung, I had the M7 and I had the same issue. It is not really a deal breaker or anything like that. But I just wish it had been power coated with some sort of scratch resistant material or something. It won't avoid them completely, but it would've helped a bit.

I am exactly the same way and still have scratches. There's really no getting around it other than using a case which I seldom do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463