Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Already scratched the metal...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I agree with generic username, except for a slightly different reason. One of the problems in America boils down to blaming everyone but yourself for any perceived wrong. My phone gets scratched, there's NO possible way I might've done it, it HAD to be someone else's fault. For the conversation to be constructive as you stated, both sides would have to accept some sort of guilt, that way we could try to narrow it down to what might have caused the slight damage to the device. Instead we're supposed to believe that air flowing over it caused the damage. How does that help anyone to avoid making the same mistake in the future? If it was me, i'd try to think of any time I might've done ANYTHING to cause I scratch so I could help y'all avoid doing the same thing.
I know I didn't scratch it though.... To much ocd to do it myself...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I know I didn't scratch it though.... To much ocd to do it myself...

We've established that you couldn't have done it. Except no one believes it. I'm just responding to the other guy who thinks we're supposed to make constructive suggestions about this situation when we're still trying to determine how something magically got damaged. It's tough to be constructive in our responses when we're still having to navigate through the fantasy world of things getting damaged for no reason.

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
How all these posts and no pictures of the scratch??

And I love the "nope - I didn't scratch it" mentality... Hahaha. "it wasn't me"

Not trying to flame - just entertained is all...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

You are and it wasn't my fault..... I didn't do it because I know I didn't

As far as pics goes it wouldn't show nor is my issue as I've said plenty of of times on here. My issue is if it is scratched now how easy it would be in the future and how bad in 12 months. I shouldn't need to buy a case to keep it in good shape

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Would you be able to post a picture of it? I am actually curious to see it to compare to my device.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Would you be able to post a picture of it? I am actually curious to see it to compare to my device.
Not really.. Maybe if t-mobile sends me a replacement which I doubt now and have to call them again ( t-mobile customer service is the worse thing on the planet) to see if I can get a replacement for this phone with input issues

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
How can anyone possibly address your concern of the device scratching more in the near future, let alone 12 months from now... come on seriously?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I thought of the song by Shaggy....

"Tell her it wasn't you." 'Alright'

But she caught me on the counter (It wasn't me)
Saw me kissin' on the sofa (It wasn't me)
I even --- --- in the shower (It wasn't me)
She even caught me on camera (It wasn't me)

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I thought of the song by Shaggy....

"Tell her it wasn't you." 'Alright'

But she caught me on the counter (It wasn't me)
Saw me kissin' on the sofa (It wasn't me)
I even --- --- in the shower (It wasn't me)
She even caught me on camera (It wasn't me)
This has been in my head since I made that post earlier!

Sad that came out my freshman year of college.... Lol. Or was it sophomore? (Freshman year was Fall '01).

Wow - I'm old already...

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Not really.. Maybe if t-mobile sends me a replacement which I doubt now and have to call them again ( t-mobile customer service is the worse thing on the planet) to see if I can get a replacement for this phone with input issues

There's your problem. Don't CALL them if you can avoid it. Take it to a store. Reps are much better there, with a few exceptions (one store in my area seems to have a knack for hiring morons and have for years).

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Already scratched the metal...

I do think it is almost impossible to get around. If you are going to be adamant about not putting any kind of case around the phone at all then ultimately whether today, tomorrow, next day next month next year if you use a "mobile device" you will expose it to the possibility of damage no matter how over the top cautious you are or you might think you are. The only thing that bothers me about this kind of incident is that some, not all but some, of the folks that appear most adamant about the running naked thing also turn out to be the most damning of Sammy or any other phone maker when their phone finally does get damaged. Even a thin case or a skin would likely protect the housing from scratches.

I suspect if you asked a designer honestly what mechanical or physical spec he is designing these things to, he will tell you he is designing his mobile device to keep on ticking if it takes a hit. I will bet you anything that he does not give a rats behind about surface damage...just doesn't care and frankly, I don't blame him.

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
When I was in High School, my Buddy got a white Chevrolet Prizm. One day, I noticed the front bumper was almost entirely ripped off like he had clipped something and bent it backwards. For days he insisted and even angrily demanded that he had done nothing to cause it, and it must have been his little brother or maybe his parents. One day, I was standing on the grass next to his driveway so he could backout of the garage (the garage was too narrow for passengers to climb in) and he cranked the wheel to miss his dads truck which was ALWAYS parked behind him. When he did, the front end of his car (the bumper) caught the wall where the garage door attaches, and bent back his bumper. The case had been solved, and he had lied about never doing it. That was a hilarious day for me and my other buddy who witnessed the whole thing. I just share that story because it's on my mind.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
When I was in High School, my Buddy got a white Chevrolet Prizm. One day, I noticed the front bumper was almost entirely ripped off like he had clipped something and bent it backwards. For days he insisted and even angrily demanded that he had done nothing to cause it, and it must have been his little brother or maybe his parents. One day, I was standing on the grass next to his driveway so he could backout of the garage (the garage was too narrow for passengers to climb in) and he cranked the wheel to miss his dads truck which was ALWAYS parked behind him. When he did, the front end of his car (the bumper) caught the wall where the garage door attaches, and bent back his bumper. The case had been solved, and he had lied about never doing it. That was a hilarious day for me and my other buddy who witnessed the whole thing. I just share that story because it's on my mind.
To bad I'm not lying....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz