Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Already scratched the metal...

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Already scratched the metal...

I don't use cases.... And it can be the delivery guy because it sure wasn't me

As such, I suggest you use a case for max protection & to prevent further scratches in the near future otherwise you'll be really disappointed. Always presume worst case scenario. It happened already & it will happen again. It's just a matter of time. :)

Posted via Tab S 8.4

Alex198908

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine has a chip along the inner aluminum top left. Right out of the box, but it's not enough to make me send it back at this point. The scratching of this material will happen eventually.

dragserb

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Like how you guys all abuse the OP and call him a liar. Fact is he's not lying. The polished metal chamfered edges are a scratch nightmare waiting to happen.The slightest bump on anything that is harder than the metal used on the note 4 will scratch this surface; and since this is pretty soft metal on the Note 4, almost anything can scratch it! I'm appalled Samsung chose to go this route with the metal accent. It looks pretty but it is not durable. And if you think a case is going to protect it, think again. The cases out there will allow specks of dust to get in and settle around the metal edges of the phone. Taking the case on and off will eventually take it's toll on those pretty chamfered edges. Mark my words. Best you can do is protect the phone from a catastrophic fall or accident. But those tiny scratches are going to appear. Just wait a month or two.

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Same thing here, chip in the inner aluminum bottom left. Makes one wonder...

Are you entirely sure it's s chip? When I was picking mine up I noticed what appeared to be a chip as well. Upon close inspection it was not a chip at all but some kind of spot where I guess the antenna can receive signal through the metal band. Really looking close I can see a few places where this is the case and it's uniform.

Posted via the Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

The slightest bump on anything that is harder than the metal used on the note 4 will scratch this surface; and since this is pretty soft metal on the Note 4, almost anything can scratch it! .

That right there is all the rest of us are trying to get OP to understand. We're only giving him a hard time because he wont even admit to possibly doing that much. In one post he says it's super easy to scratch, and also that he didn't scratch it. If it's SO easy to scratch, it would be impossible not only for him to not have done SOMETHING to scratch it, but the rest of us would have the same scratches.

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon pre-order came with a chip in the lower right hand corner. And it was a chip. I also preordered from BB and that one didn't have an issue. I keep my phone in a leather pouch, without a case. I like seeing the big Verizon logo on the back of my phone..lol. Bought the phone full retail so I wasnt going to take a chip in the phone.

dragserb

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday from BB. It had a very small scratch in the lower left corner on the inner metal band closest to the screen. It also had a light and small scratch on the chamfered edge above the charging port. I noticed all this before even taking the phone home. It wasn't enough to worry about or demand an exchange.

I went over to the VZ store and compared it to the unit they had on display that they just put out. It had scratches in similar places. One big difference: my screen is brighter and whiter looking at the same display setting than the VZ floor model! I cant believe there is such a discrepancy between different units of the same model! It made it easier to swallow the small imperfections my unit has because I think its screen looks noticeably better than the other units I saw at VZ.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I just got my replacement and directly from opening it I noticed a scratch in the same area. Not sure if my camera will pick it up but it is there so I am not being crazy or "lying" . Had to get it replaced because my phone would just not accept touch at all 2 separate times

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Bluemiles23

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I was so worried that I will scratch my naked phone that I ordered this wallet case on Amazon. I am very excited that when it arrived today I immediately put it on my phone. It fits alright but I decided to removed it because I do not like how it looks on my phone. To my surprise the plastic case left marks on my supposed to be metal frame. I had two marks on the top, at the bottom and two on the sides. This made me upset! I have high expectations on this metal frame. I am so disappointed that a plastic material can ruin it.

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I was so worried that I will scratch my naked phone that I ordered this wallet case on Amazon. I am very excited that when it arrived today I immediately put it on my phone. It fits alright but I decided to removed it because I do not like how it looks on my phone. To my surprise the plastic case left marks on my supposed to be metal frame. I had two marks on the top, at the bottom and two on the sides. This made me upset! I have high expectations on this metal frame. I am so disappointed that a plastic material can ruin it.

And this is why I don't like using a case. I use a leather pouch. Provides protection, and the phone could stay naked.

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Might go naked like my plans b4 i saw neo hybrid...i refuse to let a case scratch my phone up and not drops etc

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have been naked for the past two days. In and out of my pocket. In and out of my cup holder in my car. My daughter knocked it off my coffee table. No issues so far. No scratches. No nothing. I think it's fairly durable as of now.

Bluemiles23

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys think VZW will accept it if I ask for an exchange?

Attachments

• image-0aea77b414cea4e61b5b46fc42d807a5f55a720e1c82c90f1a67402fff870b56-V.jpg
    image-0aea77b414cea4e61b5b46fc42d807a5f55a720e1c82c90f1a67402fff870b56-V.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 58
  • image-c4b70e850c0cfe9a8aaf483c7bd10756201bfef3c281bfd67d4f07e36c3ad891-V.jpg
    image-c4b70e850c0cfe9a8aaf483c7bd10756201bfef3c281bfd67d4f07e36c3ad891-V.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 57

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc