Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Already scratched the metal...

ruqiie

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
To say I am disappointed with them(Samsung) using metal is an understatement. Already scratched the bottom of my phone slightly and never had anything in my pocket other then my phone and it wasn't even a tight pocket

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I can totally understand what you're saying, I'm having the same issues unfortunately. The metal does scratch very easily and I must say I have taken very good care of it, I know I have. Note 4 is almost perfect, except the quality of the design, specifically the metal frame. Get a strong rubber plastic cover, rather than a hard/metal case, it'll scratch the phone even more whilst inserting or removing the phone from the case.

Oh yeah, if you're super upset about the scratches, you might be able to get it polished. Go to your local mobile repair stores or something.

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
This is why I got rid of the note 4. Imagine what this phone will look like after a year? Great phone, great design except the metal frame.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There's several things about the Note 3's design that I prefer to the Note 4's. The rounded glass that makes a tempered glass screen protector more of a challenge. The easy-scratch metal. It's enough to seriously diminish any desire I may somehow still have for the Note 4. Especially given the perfect condition of my 6-month-old Note 3 that is only through half of it's life (for me anyways).

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry dude. No case? Expect cosmetic damage eventually.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

Lol? It was like it out of box

This is why I got rid of the note 4. Imagine what this phone will look like after a year? Great phone, great design except the metal frame.

It's annoying for sure but not enough to sell it imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Already scratched the metal...

Guys chill. Stop bullying him, it's true. Android Authority (was it?) States this problem. Even my note 4 has some (MINORRR) scratches already

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Lol? It was like it out of box

Sorry to hear that. If that was the case then I would have gotten an exchange immediately. But I do recommend a case, especially one that is soft on the inside since those edges seem delicate.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. If that was the case then I would have gotten an exchange immediately. But I do recommend a case, especially one that is soft on the inside since those edges seem delicate.

Lol I've gone through 3 . 2 with t-mobile and was exchanged for other reasons and now with Verizon . While annoying I rather not have the case . The note 3 never had an issue and now is with this metal ....shouldn't have to change because of it. Could of just painted all the metal imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

furfmonkey

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
i am using a diztronic full matte black case and i love it!! first its the thinnest thing out there about and there is a lip so you can put it face down without the screen touching the surface.its also non slippery and adds just the right amount of grip but still easily removed from a pocket...and its $9 !! Untitled.jpg612td5XwhkL._SL1500_.jpg51hshJRdWCL._SL1500_.jpg

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
i am using a diztronic full matte black case and i love it!! first its the thinnest thing out there about and there is a lip so you can put it face down without the screen touching the surface.its also non slippery and adds just the right amount of grip but still easily removed from a pocket...and its $9 !!

It doesn't look like it protects the bottom front edge. I like the case though.

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Really pleased with the build quality of the Note 4 so far. I had the Z3 for about a week of careful usage and the screen suffered a number of scratches but the screen on the Note 4 seems much more durable so far.

The metal band is holding up well so far too but that's a minor point for me. As long as the screen remains durable, I can live with scratches on the metal.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Really pleased with the build quality of the Note 4 so far. I had the Z3 for about a week of careful usage and the screen suffered a number of scratches but the screen on the Note 4 seems much more durable so far.

The metal band is holding up well so far too but that's a minor point for me. As long as the screen remains durable, I can live with scratches on the metal.

Tempered glass screen protector?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I use a Tech 21 case with a Zagg tempered glass screen protector and that combo has really kept my Note 3 in pristine condition. Very happy with that.

furfmonkey

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't look like it protects the bottom front edge. I like the case though.

it does protect all 4 sides that cutaway pic is to show how raised it is ugh cant remove top pic its a note 2 bottom 1 is correct phone .. you can lay it face down and none of the screen will touch surface

Attachments

• 71+WbBxrqJL._SL1500_.jpg
    71+WbBxrqJL._SL1500_.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 81blNHx27CL._SL1500_.jpg
    81blNHx27CL._SL1500_.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 36

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a Slick Wrap. I don't recommend using the front, because it covers the sensor so the screen doesn't light up when its supposed to. The Slick Wrap does have strips to cover the top, sides, and bottom though. It allows me to put on and take off cases as much as I want without scratches. The holes in the wrap are PERFECT for my Sprint model so I dont have to worry about the charging port or headphone jack scratching or chipping. It doesn't cover the mic holes or speaker on the back either. So all in all, the only problem is that I cant use the front piece. For me, the pros outweigh the cons.

SGN4 :-D

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, all this talk...I went and traded my Note 3 for Note 4 a couple of hours ago (had to pay off my Next). The Note 4 comes with a plastic protector on the metal. I told them to leave it on, thank you very much. ...then had them install Body Guardz tempered glass and then put the phone in a Body Glove case (until I can get a Tech 21 for it).

I expect that the phone will stay just fine with this but will check the metal occasionally for scratches.

Now I have a reasonable camera on the phone and more.

Happy Birthday to me.

from the Note 4

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, all this talk...I went and traded my Note 3 for Note 4 a couple of hours ago (had to pay off my Next). The Note 4 comes with a plastic protector on the metal. I told them to leave it on, thank you very much. ...then had them install Body Guardz tempered glass and then put the phone in a Body Glove case (until I can get a Tech 21 for it).

I expect that the phone will stay just fine with this but will check the metal occasionally for scratches.

Now I have a reasonable camera on the phone and more.

Happy Birthday to me.

from the Note 4

You'll love it! Happy Birthday! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I loved my Note 3...just took it for granted with all its general excellence. I know the 4 is better but must admit that so far it's not night and day better.

from the Note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol