The Waiting Room: Note 4

peterburns

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got yours - very cool. They sure are in short supply!

I picked mine up from Best Buy today - traded in an old Droid phone for the $200. Great experience all around.
Put a Spigen clear case on it for the time being.

Samsung Note 4 white by six7777, on Flickr

Samsung Note 4 white by six7777, on Flickr

Finally!!! The Midtown Atlanta store had 1 phone left! Glad I was already in the area to claim it. I called ahead and immediately left my conference during the 15 minute break to get it. Whew. Whike there, someone called asking for a Note. Hubby is using Smart Switch now to transfer all of his data. That was a close one.

Anyone get their phone yet?

Last edited:

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
So I talked to a nother Samsung Rep inside one of the best buys. She told me that they were told by their bosses that when people ask about the delay tell them that is not Samsung's fault but a check clear / payment issue from Best Buy. Seems like they are releasing the phones to Best Buy as Best Buy's payment clear. They must not have a good history. Best Buy still insist that it is a supply issue in Samsung's fault

Posted via Android Central App

SwarthyDaisy

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Congrats! Beautiful device! We could not find a case like that, only flip cases that he does not want. Hopefully we can find a decent case over the weekend. Enjoy your new baby! :)

SwarthyDaisy

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I would imagine daily. One of the guys at Tmobile said they have been missing out on sales because of the delay. He said all of the preorders are being honored before the retail locations get shipments. SMH

peterburns

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks :) ~ Loving this phone. the metal frame feels great in hand.
I am super picky about cases - but this Spigen is not bad - it's pretty simple and the price was right.

spigen clear case for Samsung note 4 by six7777, on Flickr

Congrats! Beautiful device! We could not find a case like that, only flip cases that he does not want. Hopefully we can find a decent case over the weekend. Enjoy your new baby! :)

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Like I posted in my separate thread.... Check Best Buy mobile stores in malls. I got mine yesterday after calling 10 best buy big box stores.

Several Best Buy Mobile standalone stores had them in stock for non pre order people to buy!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Well as I was told today...nothing on the weekends

I am not sure what think yet until I get to the store. I just got the email that my phone was in. I got all excited until I read another post that a member got the email but then the store said it was a mistake. We shall see

UPDATE
So I got there... the phone was there and it was beautiful. So the Best Buy employee starts the activation. She "turns off" my note 2 to turn on the note 4. Sprint gives an error code. so she asked another employee. the other employee says..."I told you.... the Sprint activation s are down for a couple hours due to equipment problems, we cant activate Sprint lines for now" So guess what... that means she cant turn my old phone back on either. I'm phoneless. I came home for dinner and heading back. hopefully the service will be back up. Best Buy's incompetence continues

Went back after dinner. Phone was ready, all activated. The new clerk and I were talking about my Note 2 and my Geek Squad insurance i got when new. I told her that I never had to use it. She looked in the computer because she remembered a promotion they had back then. sure enough... i had it. It guaranteed me an extra $50 on any trade in value. Soooo I got $250 trade in. That along with the $50 gift card I got had from the pre-order, I walked out the door paying taxes only.

Last edited:

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
just my luck, the email came today to pick up my phone and my husband (who's purchasing it for me) got off work late and is about to leave for SF to go to the giants game until monday. uggggghhhh! my life.

Posted via my old Galaxy S3

Last edited by a moderator:

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
thanks! i know it's less than 48 hours but that's an eternity on top of waiting this past week. ??????

cnotes63

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you are coming from the galaxy s3 like me to the note 4 you are going to be so happy I have had my note 4 for 5 days now an it's worth the wait i per order 9/26

Posted via the Android Central App

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
My email said they would only hold for 1 day

my H called and made sure they would hold it and they assured him it would be there until close tomorrow. he should be home early enough so i *will* have that phone in my hands. someone's in trouble if not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech