Note 4 Fast Charging... shows USB connected

gospodinjuha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Experiencing some frustration with the fast charging option. I attach the charger, the notification pops up saying "Fast Charger Connected"... but in Power Savings settings it says Charging USB with the fast charging box checked but showing grey.

Used the same charger and cord in the same outlet earlier in the day and the fast charger works without problem. Been tracking this issue for two days and cannot figure out the variables creating the problem.

Anyone else suffering the same problem?
Any insights that might lead to a solution?

I am having the same problem! I tried everything in this post and others and nothing seems to fix it. I factory reset for no reason because it didn't help. I have tried multiple chargers and outlets and nothing. No matter what, it says Charging (USB) and charges at a crawling pace... If at all. If I use the phone while charging, it still loses power. Is anyone still having this issue? TIA

Bill Mustard

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I also show charging (USB). I am using the supplied charger and cable, the charge level is 30%. Tried all the suggestions and no change. The phone charges more quickly on my old phone's charger. When I use the old charger the power shows charging (AC). The fast charge tick box is ticked.

Saeed Ndope

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm also experiencing the same problem tried swapping cables,different outlets factory reset but it still shows USB charging and charges very slowly any solution yet??

gospodinjuha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm also experiencing the same problem tried swapping cables,different outlets factory reset but it still shows USB charging and charges very slowly any solution yet??

I read this post a couple of months ago. Tried everything that was suggested. Nothing worked. I went to Verizon, they had no idea. I got a replacement, worked great fr a while, now all of the sudden... same issue. To say I'm pissed is a gross understatement.

fatcat6499

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
So I post this only after having read multiple accounts of problems with it. One reccuring solution that I saw was trying a different outlet switched the USB to AC and this... didn't make sense. But I found the solution.

The prongs on the charger that go into the wall are the same size and fit in either hole in the outlet... but there is a correct way to do it. Once it's in the correct way it went from USB to AC and charged from 15 % to 59 % in 40 minutes so it's much quicker.

Best of luck

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
So I post this only after having read multiple accounts of problems with it. One reccuring solution that I saw was trying a different outlet switched the USB to AC and this... didn't make sense. But I found the solution.

The prongs on the charger that go into the wall are the same size and fit in either hole in the outlet... but there is a correct way to do it. Once it's in the correct way it went from USB to AC and charged from 15 % to 59 % in 40 minutes so it's much quicker.

Best of luck

This is it!

Just switched around the plug and for the first time ever, I had a notification pop up about fast charging!

Beck38

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
The AC adapter works fine virtually every time with the 'fast charging' note at screen top, but car charger (same specs 5V 2A) never has that notation come up.

Tried swaping USB cables around (with AC charger), didn't help. Is something ( other than my fumble fingers) doing something wrong or is the charger 'bad' (although does charge, just no 'fast' notation).

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem! I tried everything in this post and others and nothing seems to fix it. I factory reset for no reason because it didn't help. I have tried multiple chargers and outlets and nothing. No matter what, it says Charging (USB) and charges at a crawling pace... If at all. If I use the phone while charging, it still loses power. Is anyone still having this issue? TIA

Did u get this solved

Posted via the Android Central App

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my second phone with Verizon. I have the USB thing and it charges very very slow. Verizon is sending me another one. My computer doesn't even recognize it anymore. My micro USB flash drive stopped working as well

Posted via the Android Central App

Georgio Couto

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Ok Guys!! It's time to reopen this..
Galaxy Note 4 Charging (USB) while on AC, slow charging.

Anybody has any news on this? I've tried 6 different cables, 4 different wall chargers including originals... wiped cache, factory reset, usb debugging mode etc.... I believe this problem it's related to a defective or damaged Micro USB port.

The only step missing is to downgrade to Kit Kat,my problem just started 1 week ago.
Note 4 won't be recognized by pc at all.
Up to 6 hrs to charge, ultra slow...

I don't really want to send it to warrany.
Any news on this would be gladly appreciated.

Timothy Curnew

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
So I've been struggling with this issue also for days, trying to isolate this problem. I've been through plenty myself, FOUR Note4s, each with their own charger, cables, etc. I'm not an *****, and I know what I'm doing, but for the life of me, short of manually crossing off all kinds of Lollipop services, I can't get any kind of decent charge, and Adaptive Fast Charging notification wont show up, nor will anything other than 'USB Charging' anywhere else. Every time it happens, its just after some background update, that much I know. Security policy updates and software updates are the culprit I believe. Rolling back to stock to verify now.

anon(7109760)

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same exact problems. Though, I also get a VR gear pop-up and power share pop-up. Tried different cables. Battery pulls with cables attached, factory resets, new batteries, cleaning micro usb port...still, no success. I can't connect to my PC via cable either. Bad micro usb port??? It seems too common. Never had this issue on my Galaxy S4. Can't be an update - still have problems right after a reset. Lollipop vs Samsung compatibility??? Not sure.

anon(7109760)

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
So I've been struggling with this issue also for days, trying to isolate this problem. I've been through plenty myself, FOUR Note4s, each with their own charger, cables, etc. I'm not an *****, and I know what I'm doing, but for the life of me, short of manually crossing off all kinds of Lollipop services, I can't get any kind of decent charge, and Adaptive Fast Charging notification wont show up, nor will anything other than 'USB Charging' anywhere else. Every time it happens, its just after some background update, that much I know. Security policy updates and software updates are the culprit I believe. Rolling back to stock to verify now.

After trying Four Note 4s - that's insane!

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried what was suggested a few responses back and turning the charger so that the slots the prongs go in are reversed?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Nataline Vaughan

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
That was a lot of repetitiveness. Read both pages! lol I was looking on this forum for a different reason. Wondering if I needed a certain/special type of usb cable to charge my Note 4. Found my issue and read about the fast/non fast charging was an issue with a lot of people. I wasn't sure if I was the only one w that same problem but never looked into it, so I thank you guys...

But I googled Samsung to see what their "specs" were of both the usb/adapter.
Here's the link with good explanations. lol

samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EP-TA20JWEUSTA
Hope that helps. lol

JohnSzasz

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I have also seen the same problem with my device. Can anybody explain it clearly why it is happening and what i should do in this case? Can anybody give the link of the previous discussion of this topic?