Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Any trouble trading in old phone at Bestbuy?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
lol nothing really I should have just gone that route and cancelled the extra line. It's ok though I'll keep it as a backup plus I get the Mobile Share discount with buying a cheapy phone. I'll probably cancel it later lol.

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
lol nothing really I should have just gone that route and cancelled the extra line. It's ok though I'll keep it as a backup plus I get the Mobile Share discount with buying a cheapy phone. I'll probably cancel it later lol.

Ahh.. nice nice.. I finally got my Note 4.. just randomly went into a best buy mobile in the mall and asked and they had one left that was black.. They received 5 in and 4 sold early on.. I had to drive 40 minutes home and back to get my trade in device because I wasn't expecting anything.. luckily they still had it there when I got back.. they couldn't honor the $50 extra but found a $30 extra and gave me a screen protector for half off.. I did the next plan because you get that extra $100 off the bill or whatever.. my question is.. since you get a bb gift card.. how can you put that on your att account to pay for the bill?

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

So just to clarify, I can add a brand new line to my family plan for the note 4 and then cancel it within a month no problem right? From the sound of it, seems like you applied the note 4 to one of your main lines?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Ahh.. nice nice.. I finally got my Note 4.. just randomly went into a best buy mobile in the mall and asked and they had one left that was black.. They received 5 in and 4 sold early on.. I had to drive 40 minutes home and back to get my trade in device because I wasn't expecting anything.. luckily they still had it there when I got back.. they couldn't honor the $50 extra but found a $30 extra and gave me a screen protector for half off.. I did the next plan because you get that extra $100 off the bill or whatever.. my question is.. since you get a bb gift card.. how can you put that on your att account to pay for the bill?
You can't lol that's why I thought you couldn't get the promo on Next. Looks like you get to buy a lot of accessories! :)

From my smokin' hot Note 4

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So just to clarify, I can add a brand new line to my family plan for the note 4 and then cancel it within a month no problem right? From the sound of it, seems like you applied the note 4 to one of your main lines?
Yup. Just add a line to get the promo, wait like 15 days then cancel it and switch the Sim. Much cheaper than $825 plus tax.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Just add a line to get the promo, wait like 15 days then cancel it and switch the Sim. Much cheaper than $825 plus tax.

Makes you wonder why they'd charge so much. Even if there was no promotion, it's still cheaper to do the ETF trick with a brand new lines, fees and all.

Also, do you (or anyone) have any idea how the unlock process works? Wasn't there some new law that was passed where carriers have to unlock phones for you upon request?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Makes you wonder why they'd charge so much. Even if there was no promotion, it's still cheaper to do the ETF trick with a brand new lines, fees and all.

Also, do you (or anyone) have any idea how the unlock process works? Wasn't there some new law that was passed where carriers have to unlock phones for you upon request?
I think you have to have it paid in full but you also have to have service with them for so long.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I think you have to have it paid in full but you also have to have service with them for so long.

Oh, so that means if I cancel and keep the phone within 15 days of activation I'm probably ineligible for the unlock. Sad. Usually the reps at the att store don't really know the restrictions either.