12-26-2014 04:49 AM
1,681 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Also why was there no plastic on the screen? And why was the battery already in?
    GregMargie likes this.
    10-18-2014 03:29 PM
    Also why was there no plastic on the screen? And why was the battery already in?
    I think he opened it before the unboxing video.
    10-18-2014 03:31 PM
    Good question. Does Verizon really request all of these silly customizations?
    10-18-2014 03:31 PM
    No headphones, go figure, granted I don't know if I'd want to pay the extra $50 or so for the quality of headphones that they include with phones.
    I'm sure this was a move by Verizon to support their greed. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to sell it as part of a bundle package. Don't be surprised if they stop including chargers with phones.

Posted via the Android Central App
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    10-18-2014 03:34 PM
    Losing the headphones seems a sensible decision to me. There are more of them sitting in the original boxes than ever get used. I don't see losing the headphones as a step toward losing the chargers and cords. Give me the money and I will decide what headphones I want to buy. Don't need either Samsung or Verizon making that choice. Charger is an entirely different story.
    10-18-2014 03:41 PM
    yeah this guy just posted on XDA. he probably got an early review unit, since he works for that betanews.com.

but nope, no headphones, and yeah he definietely opened it up before hand and put the battery in. verizon's phones come with the prtoector over the screen and the battery OUT of the phone.
    10-18-2014 03:42 PM
    No headphones, go figure, granted I don't know if I'd want to pay the extra $50 or so for the quality of headphones that they include with phones.
    You're not missing anything. I took them out and never used them since I have my own. I know headphones that come with phones won't compare the ones I bought separately lol.
    10-18-2014 03:48 PM
    I think "new phone day" should be a holiday in the USA, and no sick or personal leave should be charged. Just sayin.
    areyes163 and jayochs like this.
    10-18-2014 03:49 PM
    I'm sure this was a move by Verizon to support their greed. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to sell it as part of a bundle package. Don't be surprised if they stop including chargers with phones.

lol, well they are the same shady corporation that's trying to get the federal government to get rid of net neutrality so I can see them going that route, as well as charging extra for the S-pen.....
    10-18-2014 03:53 PM

I read somewhere about a year ago, that almost all chargers and data cables are becoming universal fit now (except iphone, of course) because soon, they would no longer be included with a new phone. You woukd either have to use one from your old phone or purchase as an extra accessory. I see it as a real possibility. Pay more and get less.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4
    10-18-2014 03:56 PM
    ARGH how are people getting them already?! I am so sad.
    TechNut79 likes this.
    10-18-2014 03:59 PM
    That would put a good deal more responsibility in the hands of accessory manufacturers than I think the phone manufacturers will allow. They will not want their gorgeous pieces of engineering mucked up by a crummy charger. If you decide later to dump their charger...fine but I don't think they will want to be dealing with service calls for brand new phones where the first question has to be, "were you using our charger" when the thing melted in your hands.

Where there will be a cost benefit to universal or quasi universal chargers is that device manufacturers will be able to include with their devices a charge kit that is ubiquitous that they have purchased at a much lower price point than the norm because the volumes will be huge. But they will still want that charger to be something that their Engineering has determined should be mated to their device and they will want it in the box with the new device.

The other cost benefit will accrue to us when we go to buy extra chargers or to replace one that has broken. But out of the box....I very seriously doubt you will be able to buy or even should buy or will even find the device manufacturers trying to sell you a phone without a charger. That would leave the buying public with the decision and what do you think they would buy in the main????? The cheapest thing that they can find and they would be buying it without the technical background to know what they were buying.
    10-18-2014 04:14 PM
    The guy works for beta news, I would suspect he got it as a reviewer. I don't think he cheated the system in anyway.
    10-18-2014 05:27 PM
    You're not missing anything. I took them out and never used them since I have my own. I know headphones that come with phones won't compare the ones I bought separately lol.
    +1

I have a pair of v-moda crossfade m 100, v-moda xs and surprisingly a pair of beats solo 2 which sound pretty good and you should give em a try at a store before passing judgement. I also didn't pay a dime for them but since using them I like them.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-18-2014 05:58 PM
    Exactly. I like where your heads at.
    10-18-2014 06:52 PM
    Note... no Verizon icon on the button!
    10-18-2014 11:03 PM

I wish Verizon would be more greedy if Verizon greed saves me $50-125 per phone. I much prefer this to getting headphones and paying more for the phone .also I don't see headphones being bundled with the note on Verizon's website

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
    prakash99 likes this.
    10-19-2014 10:13 AM
    I wish Verizon would be more greedy if Verizon greed saves me $50-125 per phone. I much prefer this to getting headphones and paying more for the phone .also I don't see headphones being bundled with the note on Verizon's website

Yes but your still paying the $299 sticker price on contract. Your not Saving money

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    stackberry369 likes this.
    10-19-2014 10:19 AM
    Basically the edge plan is nothing more than a rental plan with no residual value if you choose to upgrade your device under 2 years.

It is a device payment plan. Rental would indicate that you would never own it

10-19-2014 10:22 AM
    yeah this guy just posted on XDA. he probably got an early review unit, since he works for that betanews.com.

but nope, no headphones, and yeah he definietely opened it up before hand and put the battery in. verizon's phones come with the prtoector over the screen and the battery OUT of the phone.
    My sprint note 4 came with earbuds

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    10-19-2014 11:30 AM
    The new Edge isn't really good for upgrading anymore. So if you into changing phones every 8-12 months or so, this new Edge isn't a good deal. It's now really a 0% interest payment plan, and you also get line/data discounts which aren't bad.
    10-19-2014 01:26 PM
    Just so I can circumvent searching other threads! ☺

Posted via Android Central App
    10-19-2014 02:09 PM
    Not yet. Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday.

Note 2 via Android Central App
    10-19-2014 02:16 PM
    Most likely 10/21, two days shipping means 10/23 at your door.
    10-19-2014 02:25 PM
    I was being hopeful by saying Monday. ☺

Note 2 via Android Central App
    10-19-2014 02:28 PM
1,681 ... 910111213 ...