Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon - Preorders, shipping and arrivals

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon- Note 4 pre-orders ship Oct 23, but available in stores Oct 23

I just spoke with a vzw rep from corporate by calling, and he reassured me that for those that preordered the phone, will get them before or on the same day às they arrive in the stores by FedEx. So basically everyone will have their phone on or before the 23rd. No worries people, I'm hoping he's honest and telling the truth, they've never let me down and I've been with vzw for going on 14 years now.

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 (Verizon) -- Unboxing and first impressions

I just leave my brightness on auto all the time. So for me it's just taking up room.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I just spoke with a vzw rep from corporate by calling, and he reassured me that for those that preordered the phone, will get them before or on the same day às they arrive in the stores by FedEx. So basically everyone will have their phone on or before the 23rd. No worries people, I'm hoping he's honest and telling the truth, they've never let me down and I've been with vzw for going on 14 years now.

I would say this will likely be the case with everyone the preordered. They usually try and get it to you on release day.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

You could remove it on the Note 2. Man this new phone is going to take some getting used to.

Note 2 via Android Central App

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I was worried about this so I cancelled my Verizon order and preordered at best buy on 9/19 so I could pick it up the 23rd. Hopefully that works...

Posted via the Android Central App

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

This is how I feel. I love my brightness slider.

I use "display brightness" app, so I can slide along my notification bar to change the brightness. It rocks and I don't need the slider. I'm pretty sure you can turn it off though.

Posted via the Android Central App

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 Bestbuy alternate upgrade to retain Verizon unlimited data

Anyone else doing this? I have unlimited on one line and have pre ordered the note 4. I plan on transferring an eligible upgrade from an existing dumb phone line to a 2gb smartphone line to get the note at the upgrade price then doing a equipment swap to get the note 4 to the unlimited data line.

Last edited:

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bestbuy alternate upgrade to retain Verizon unlimited data

I don't know if your question is about retaining unlimited coverage with the new phone or not.

I do think the number of users left with unlimited data is getting to be a pretty small percentage of VzW's total business. Frankly, since they can do it if they want to, my expectation would be that over a certain limit, Verizon will start to seriously scale back the data rates on these remaining unlimited lines....so much so that you will most assuredly notice it as that is why they will do it IMO.

Unlimited has done its job for all the large carriers. They want to get rid of it as soon as they can make it happen.

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I don't know if your question is about retaining unlimited coverage with the new phone or not.

I do think the number of users left with unlimited data is getting to be a pretty small percentage of VzW's total business. Frankly, since they can do it if they want to, my expectation would be that over a certain limit, Verizon will start to seriously scale back the data rates on these remaining unlimited lines....so much so that you will most assuredly notice it as that is why they will do it IMO.

Unlimited has done its job for all the large carriers. They want to get rid of it as soon as they can make it happen.
Yes my question is about retaining the unlimited data while getting the note 4 at the contract price by using the alternate upgrade method. I can do this online thru vzw myself but pre ordered the device in store at best buy to get the $200 giftcard at the time of purchase.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I did this with the Note 3 but at a Verizon corporate store. The Verizon rep actually did the whole thing for me. He added a 2nd line, removed it, and swapped devices for me. Then he took the data plan off of the 2nd line and turned it into a dumb phone. I think I am paying $30.00 extra for carrying around the dumb phone on my account. I'm seriously considering terminating the account now though and paying the ETF. I've also thought about getting a T-mobile 2nd line just so they'll pay my ETF so I can see if it might be a good idea to switch to them as they have an unlimited plan that's cheaper than what I'm paying now. The only caveat is that I'd have T-mobile and I've also been told by Verizon that they throttle data.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note 4 unboxing

Yes but your still paying the $299 sticker price on contract. Your not Saving money

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yes, you ARE saving money... the price of the phone (that you pay throughout your contract) is $699 with Verizon - compared to other carriers that range from $25 to $125 more.

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Yes, you ARE saving money... the price of the phone (that you pay throughout your contract) is $699 with Verizon - compared to other carriers that range from $25 to $125 more.

I'm a little confused by this. I'm using an upgrade and the VzW phone price (with contact) is $299, which I understood is the same price other carriers are charging for upgrades/2 year contracts.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Lol? Your still paying Verizon absurd prices and verizon BS policies. Also I very much doubt headphones is the reason. The galaxy s phones usually come all the same on each carrier and same price

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Verizon Edge Policy Change - Note 4 now better deal?

So Verizon very quietly just changed their Edge program. Doing the math, if you plan to keep your phone for 2 years, it is a great deal. The downside is, edging up is pretty much not an option anymore, or rather, not really worth it.
Here's the new "deal". No longer 20 payments, its back to 24. Now you have to pay off 75% of the phone before you can edge.
So the Note 4 is $29.14 for 24 months, if you have a 10 gb plan (don't judge me for losing my unlimited), you are only paying $4.19/mo or $100 over the life. Factor in your $200 Samsung trade in, and they are paying you $100 for the phone.
I am torn whether or not I am happy about this. On one hand, I am saving money in the long run. On the other hand, now you have to go 18 months just to edge, only 2 months earlier than last weeks fully pd off phone.
Thanks VZ for making me wait all this time w/ my plan completely set, now I have to start all over and reevaluate which way I am going to go.

I actually replicated my bill in Excel and made sure all the numbers were correct. I then created a couple of scenarios. The scenarios are based on 2 phone lines and 1 tablet line. I currently have 3GB of data.

One scenario is where I pay my device off in full and then drop the Asurion and remove the discount for the Edge agreement. With that scenario comparing it to the current Edge agreement, I would save $10-$14 per month.

Another scenario is similar to above where I pay off the current device, etc... and then switch my plan to 10GB. With that scenario comparing it to the Edge agreement, it would cost me more to not be on Edge. I would lose $3-$5 per month.

Another scenario, because I seem to be using more data now, is to determine the threshold of the data plans. For me, if I use over 5GB of data, I would lose money by not switching to the 10GB.

Don't forget, if you are under 8GB, you get $15 off per line. If you are over 8GB you get $25 off per line. This new analysis was based on a Moto X and a IPhone 6 plus.

For me, I am not sure whether its worth it to not go on Edge. I heard some stories of people analyzing the payoff amount to determine when to payoff the device and sell it online and Edge Up once again.

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Also, VZW website says free overnight shipping. Where is everyone getting two day shipping from?