Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon - Preorders, shipping and arrivals

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Verizon Edge Policy Change - Note 4 now better deal?

Has anyone encountered what happens once you complete your Edge agreement by either paying off the phone early or by completing the 24 month payments? CNET did a story that they uncovered there is no media that says you stop getting the monthly discount. I have not heard anyone who has actually had it happen to them either way.

They botched up my Edge agreement (Edged a tablet line instead of a phone line) so, I had to pay off the Edge in full.

So, technically I have the choice to either Edge the correct line or go month to month. My Edge line is now month to month.

If I want to get a discount, then I will need to Edge the correct phone line and will start getting the discount.

So, in summary, once you pay off the Edge in full, the contract goes to month to month and you lose the Edge discount. To get the Edge discount again, you will need to open a new Edge Agreement.

akrango

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon- Note 4 pre-orders ship Oct 23, but available in stores Oct 23

Hoping the early shipping that ppl say is accurate. Although, vzw cus.serv. told me it will ship 10/23...sigh

husker619

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon ready to ship!

true but the page layout has now changed with no dates, and there is now a spot for a tracking number. you should check yours!

pmaisonet

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site

Does this usually mean they will be shipping today? Also does anyone know how to turn in your old phone if you Edge Up online like I did? Am I suppose to mail my old phone back to VZ or take it into a store?

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Verizon Edge Policy Change - Note 4 now better deal?

They botched up my Edge agreement (Edged a tablet line instead of a phone line) so, I had to pay off the Edge in full.

So, technically I have the choice to either Edge the correct line or go month to month. My Edge line is now month to month.

If I want to get a discount, then I will need to Edge the correct phone line and will start getting the discount.

So, in summary, once you pay off the Edge in full, the contract goes to month to month and you lose the Edge discount. To get the Edge discount again, you will need to open a new Edge Agreement.

Boy, they are going to extort the money out of you one way or another! What I find odd is that now that Verizon is allowing voluntary down payments to lower the phone payment, if you buy through BB and use Edge, you cannot do that. I have asked twice at my local BB and they said they cannot do down payments, period.

ghamden

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

I just talked to Verizon no early shipments Note 4 will ship on date promised when ordered Mine is 10-23-2014

I'm not sure what Verizons deal is but its strange all the other Carriers have theirs but no big hoopla or any articles --- Just Loolipop 5 and Nexus 6 news.

Samsung may have deflated the excitement by delaying its release....

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Does this usually mean they will be shipping today? Also does anyone know how to turn in your old phone if you Edge Up online like I did? Am I suppose to mail my old phone back to VZ or take it into a store?

When I preordered the Iphone 6 for my wife (yeah, I know...), they charged my CC one day and I got the shipping notice the next.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Its a risk to take too if you don't preorder and wait for the store. AT&T, Sprint, and T-mobile all sold out in stores.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I just talked to Verizon no early shipments Note 4 will ship on date promised when ordered Mine is 10-23-2014

I'm not sure what Verizons deal is but its strange all the other Carriers have theirs but no big hoopla or any articles --- Just Loolipop 5 and Nexus 6 news.

Samsung may have deflated the excitement by delaying its release....

Thing is that Verizon confuses people when they say "Ship by 10/23"...does that mean shipping before the 23rd, or on the 23rd?

pmaisonet

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone know how to turn in your old phone if you Edge Up online like I did? Am I suppose to mail my old phone back to VZ or take it into a store?

IrishSoul

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note 4 shipping status....

Called today, the stores near me (CT) do not have the Note 4 and state 10/23 is the date they will..and that "usually" Pre-Orders are delivered on that date... so hoping that I see my Note 4 that day. I am totally okay waiting, just find the lack of any communciation or updates poor.... There really is NO info available and if you are like me...waiting to update another phone, your update status is FROZEN until the new phone arrives.... so... that kinda is a bummer :)

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note 4 shipping status....

Called today, the stores near me (CT) do not have the Note 4 and state 10/23 is the date they will..and that "usually" Pre-Orders are delivered on that date... so hoping that I see my Note 4 that day. I am totally okay waiting, just find the lack of any communciation or updates poor.... There really is NO info available and if you are like me...waiting to update another phone, your update status is FROZEN until the new phone arrives.... so... that kinda is a bummer :)

Verizon never changed from its 10/23 date. Why everyone gets upset when Verizon clearly says 10/23, then complain when they don't get it before the 23rd. Complain when its the 24th and your still waiting for the phone.

ghamden

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

I copied this from my original Invoice
"One or more item is on Pre-order and will ship within 2 days of the ship by date."
That looks like two day before or after so either ship on 21 or 23 or 25 ????

husker619

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

just got a notice from my credit card that it has been charged by Verizon for my pre-ordered note 4. I'm guessing it will be here in two days! This has always been the case for me in the past when I pre-order from VZW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles