12-26-2014 04:49 AM
1,681 12345 ...
tools
    If I could get it in the store on the 17th, and delivered on the 23rd, I would get it delivered. I actually don't mind waiting a bit longer if it means the persons at the store isn't going to mess with it.
    They always want to pull it out of the box and set it up for me. I tell them not to touch it, but they say they have to. Well duh, they don't send him to my house when I get one delivered in the mail, so no, they don't have to.
    As I'm leaving the store I am pissed that I have to do a factory reset to remove the mystery setup job that they did. Not thanks. I can wait a day or three.
    felloffthetruck and areyes163 like this.
    10-13-2014 08:27 PM
    If I could get it in the store on the 17th, and delivered on the 23rd, I would get it delivered. I actually don't mind waiting a bit longer if it means the persons at the store isn't going to mess with it.
    They always want to pull it out of the box and set it up for me. I tell them not to touch it, but they say they have to. Well duh, they don't send him to my house when I get one delivered in the mail, so no, they don't have to.
    As I'm leaving the store I am pissed that I have to do a factory reset to remove the mystery setup job that they did. Not thanks. I can wait a day or three.
    If you put your foot down more they won't do it. When I tried Verizon I told the lady I'll handle my phone after she said she could set it up.. She handed it to me.
    10-13-2014 08:41 PM
    Apparently Verizon can't let a phone leave the store without it being activated. The nazi store employee I dealt with for another phone would let me under no circumstances leave until it was. Then he says the phone was more in the store than online and wanted more money. I basically told him to go **** himself and ordered it online to be shipped to my house.

Note 2 via Android Central App
    10-13-2014 08:51 PM
    Apparently Verizon can't let a phone leave the store without it being activated. The nazi store employee I dealt with for another phone would let me under no circumstances leave until it was. Then he says the phone was more in the store than online and wanted more money. I basically told him to go **** himself and ordered it online to be shipped to my house.

Wow that sounds very fishy.... I wouldn't trust that store ever again. No reason for something to cost more in store versus online for a carrier.. They should match it :o.
    10-13-2014 08:52 PM
    That's what I told him and he said it must be a glitch in the system. I told him to get customer service on the phone and fix the glitch and he said no. I was so pissed. Thankfully they're not the only Verizon store in the area. Just the closest.

10-13-2014 08:57 PM
    Nope, believe it or not, it's actually normal for Verizon store prices to be higher
    10-13-2014 09:06 PM

Yeah dont trust that store, if you go into the store and ask them to honor the online price they usually will unless there is some speacial online sale only. Almost all stores price match these days so don't shop anywhere that doesn't. As for walking out unactivated i'm pretty sure that's how they earn their commission but its still shady business to force you into an in store activation.
    10-13-2014 09:19 PM
    Yeah dont trust that store, if you go into the store and ask them to honor the online price they usually will unless there is some speacial online sale only. Almost all stores price match these days so don't shop anywhere that doesn't. As for walking out unactivated i'm pretty sure that's how they earn their commission but its still shady business to force you into an in store activation.
    It was one of those normally $149.99 and a discount of $149.99, so it was free. He wanted to charge me $30+ more. I told him I'd go grab my phone with the email on it and he said it wouldn't make a difference. He said something had to be done in the system or else it wouldn't be able to activate. I was like yeah ok. His loss.

10-13-2014 09:25 PM
    Nope, believe it or not, it's actually normal for Verizon store prices to be higher
    One company and 3 different prices? One online, one on the phone, and one in the store. That is severely messed up.

10-13-2014 09:26 PM
    Do you y'all think that xtle might have something to do with why Verizon new phones come out late

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-13-2014 11:08 PM
    Do you y'all think that xtle might have something to do with why Verizon new phones come out late

Not really. Verizon deployed xlte last year

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    10-14-2014 12:25 AM

No. XLTE is just a faster band... T-Mobile has a faster band as well (they call it wideband instead of xlte) and they release fine. The speed of the network doesn't have anything to do with it.
    10-14-2014 12:31 AM
    I would as well but since I'm on T-Mobile... Gotta get theirs for their perks . Either way an early delivery is always nice.
    True, my point was however that imo, complaining that Verizon version doesn't have headphones isn't a valid point, given that the Verizon version is $50 cheaper than T-Mobile and $125 cheaper than at&t.

10-14-2014 08:45 AM
    I was messaging a Verizon rep from my store. She said that their Samsung rep doesn't even have the note 4 yet, which is insane! Also, I asked Verizon for 2 note 4 tempered glass screen protectors to ship with my phones. I received the screen protectors yesterday and they're for the note 3. I called and was told there is a note in my account saying they sent them bc they are the same screen size. Anyone know if they should work or not???
    10-14-2014 11:57 AM
    What is all this I hear about Verizon removing the head phones? This just seems so ridiculous to me and I can't believe people let them do this. If I pay $700 for a phone, I dam well want everything that comes with it. Do they really do this? How can they get away with that? More importantly, why even do this in the first place?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-14-2014 12:08 PM
    What is all this I hear about Verizon removing the head phones? This just seems so ridiculous to me and I can't believe people let them do this. If I pay $700 for a phone, I dam well want everything that comes with it. Do they really do this? How can they get away with that? More importantly, why even do this in the first place?

Not sure if that is confirmed, but I would be disappointed if so.
    10-14-2014 12:14 PM

I think you can rest assured that there isn't some Verizon warehouse where employees are opening boxes and taking headphones out. It's a silly and outlandish idea. More likely, if there aren't headphones in the box it's because Verizon asked Samsung to not pack them in exchange for a slight discount off the cost of the phones. That would give them just a sliver more margin on the phone. What in the world would Verizon do with thousands and thousands of sets of headphones?
    10-14-2014 12:25 PM
    I think you can rest assured that there isn't some Verizon warehouse where employees are opening boxes and taking headphones out. It's a silly and outlandish idea. More likely, if there aren't headphones in the box it's because Verizon asked Samsung to not pack them in exchange for a slight discount off the cost of the phones. That would give them just a sliver more margin on the phone. What in the world would Verizon do with thousands and thousands of sets of headphones?
    The Verizon Note 4 costs more to make than the tmobile Note due to cdma radios. Yet Verizon sells it $50 cheaper than T-Mobile. The included headphones are worth no where near $50 to me.

10-14-2014 12:47 PM
    This. All carriers get options with the devices. Remember when phones shipped with holsters back in the day. Carriers pay for those items as they come bundled with the device from the manufactuer. By getting Samsung to not package certain items it keeps the cost down for Verizon adn saves them pennies. I know I know it sucks but it is also cheaper for Verizon customers this time around. And yes Verizon does not remove the headphones from the box. The headphones were never placed in the box from the factory.
    prakash99 likes this.
    10-14-2014 04:56 PM
    The Verizon Note 4 costs more to make than the tmobile Note due to cdma radios. Yet Verizon sells it $50 cheaper than T-Mobile. The included headphones are worth no where near $50 to me.

This.
    10-14-2014 05:18 PM
    I haven't preordered yet from any source and plan on walking into a Verizon Corporate store or Best Buy and buying off contract @ full retail whenever its actually released on Verizon.

Do you think there will be enough to meet demand on Day 1? I typically get to the store a few hours early so I'm first in line.
    10-15-2014 09:11 AM
    Not from my experience. If any were available, it has always been, "I want Black 32gb", "Oh we only have white 16gb" or something like it. Which is why I preorderd.

Good luck though, I've never been the lucky sort.
    10-15-2014 09:19 AM
    I went on release day for the Note 3 as soon as they opened. I ordered black specifically but some how he sold me white. Did an immediate exchange. No line, no problems except stupid salesmen.

10-15-2014 09:47 AM
    just be ready to put up with typical ***** salesmen trying to force you to use an upgrade. they obviously don't want you buying off contract because they make no money on it since all their commission is in contracts. they are very hesitate to do it, but maybe that's just by me.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 12:29 PM
    Not from my experience. If any were available, it has always been, "I want Black 32gb", "Oh we only have white 16gb" or something like it. Which is why I preorderd.

Good luck though, I've never been the lucky sort.
    Well the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is only available in 32gb. I picked up a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on release day. Bought online with in-store pickup, no issues other than the salesman trying to sell me accessories. They also offered me a substantial discount.

10-15-2014 12:33 PM
1,681 12345 ...