Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon - Preorders, shipping and arrivals

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
So with all of the excitement on this board right now about the upcoming Note release, I'm a bit bummed to be switching over to Verizon now. Yeah, I know, it's only one extra week of a wait, but it sucks to not be able to be a part of the excitement. :-X

Anyway, are there any other drawbacks related to Verizon that I should know about? I hear the extra wait relates to a crapload more bloatware from VZW. Can this all be disabled? Will it slow the phone down at all?

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon question

So with all of the excitement on this board right now about the upcoming Note release, I'm a bit bummed to be switching over to Verizon now. Yeah, I know, it's only one extra week of a wait, but it sucks to not be able to be a part of the excitement. :-X

Anyway, are there any other drawbacks related to Verizon that I should know about? I hear the extra wait relates to a crapload more bloatware from VZW. Can this all be disabled? Will it slow the phone down at all?

yeah, as a verizon customer of 17 years, just like they said above...get ready to wait for verizon to do things. all OS updates take longer on verizon. their bloat is bad, but so is ATT's and everything. pretty much every piece of bloat you can disable on android phones nowadays, so that's not bad.

verizon is just like the rest of big corporate america: you pay out the *** for service that's arguably better than the rest. i say arguably bc their LTE speeds are absolute garbage where i live, when they used to be great. the oversaturation of their LTE network is starting to get bad, and they're not adding XLTE out fast enough. my LTE speeds are less than 3G speeds, but unfortunately there's no easy way to switch down to 3G on their phones anymore.

i can't leave though because i've still got unlimited and such an old plan that i pay 130 a month with taxes for 3 phones.

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Verizon question

Don't forget last time we didn't get some of the Samsung free offers our the earphones.

Posted via Android Central App

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

I've been on verizon for a decade and yes they do add bloatware like everyone else. Thankfully samsung allows you to disable bloatware apps that cannot be deleted so they will not run in the backgroung and take up memory and processor speed. As far as the waiting, that cannot be fixed. Verizon takes their sweet time for android updates and phone releases. However, the waiting can be good because you get a chance to see issues with the new phones prior to release and you may change your mind and go with another option. The only positive with verizon is with their 4g...which has always been fast for me which is why I stick with verizon.

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Unboxing videos this time around clearly show earphones? Do we still expect VZW to remove the earphones from all of the boxes?

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site

yeah, as a verizon customer of 17 years, just like they said above...get ready to wait for verizon to do things. all OS updates take longer on verizon. their bloat is bad, but so is ATT's and everything. pretty much every piece of bloat you can disable on android phones nowadays, so that's not bad.

verizon is just like the rest of big corporate america: you pay out the *** for service that's arguably better than the rest. i say arguably bc their LTE speeds are absolute garbage where i live, when they used to be great. the oversaturation of their LTE network is starting to get bad, and they're not adding XLTE out fast enough. my LTE speeds are less than 3G speeds, but unfortunately there's no easy way to switch down to 3G on their phones anymore.

i can't leave though because i've still got unlimited and such an old plan that i pay 130 a month with taxes for 3 phones.
Unlimited is officially gone with any upgrade unless you buy it retail..awesome, right?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I didn't pre-order the Note 4 yet mainly because my account is all screwed up and won't let me. However, this extra time has me wondering what the Nexus 6 on Verizon will be like. Will they allow Edge pricing? Will this be the same as the GSM Nexus 6 devices coming out? I will most likely end up with the Note 4. But, since I haven't pre-ordered, the wait might make me hold off a little longer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

I don't think any US variants are getting headphones. I just checked "whats in the box" for Verizon, At&T and t-mobile and none of them say headphones.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I was being sarcastic, Verizon is the carrier that has become the one known for taking everything away.

Verizon has become the leader in taking things away and last to release phones, updates.

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

No major drawbacks besides the bloat and late releases, most customers select Verizon for their coverage and thats one major step up for anyone who travels alot. Half of the bloat on Samsung phones are from Verizon and the other half is from Samsung. Both companies are big offenders of slapping useless apps on your phone. Most of them can be turned off manually which removes them from your app list so you dont have to see them.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

I was being sarcastic, Verizon is the carrier that has become the one known for taking everything away.

Verizon has become the leader in taking things away and last to release phones, updates.

taking everything away? Im not sure i understand. What did they take from you?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

It's true. I can remember having the Note 3 and there were some settings missing. I could tell when comparing it to the AT&T variant.

CrudeOne

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

Hold on you guys mean to tell me Verizon isn't getting the Note 4 until the 23rd or is the shipping date by the 23rd for pre orders and they'll be in the store on the 17th which is it???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital