Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon - Preorders, shipping and arrivals

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Verizon) ready to ship!

pre ordered a frost white Note 4 on 10/11. Got charged and was sent a tracking # this evening with a Fed-Ex ETA of 10/23.

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Best Buy Verizon Pre orders...

I swear no one at Best Buy knows anything. I won't worry until tomorrow, but if I don't get an email tomorrow I will likely just preorder from Verizon and take advantage of the Samsung trade-in offer instead of the Best Buy one. Of course I have to keep my $50 gift card, but I'll use it on something eventually.

People don't take pride in their work anymore... you will get the same thing at a car lot, salesman don't know crap about the cars they are TRYING to sell. If I worked at Best Buy which I wouldn't I would know the phones like the back of my hand, they just don't care.

Posted via the Android Central App

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

No love, I was told it's in a bundled package for tomorrow delivery.

Yep, I tried as well. They said that they won't unload the truck until tomorrow morning's shift.

Drunk Midgets

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

Pre-ordered the black note 4 on 10/16. Got charged this morning for the phone still waiting for the tracking number. :(

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Just go to the Verizon Store on 10/23 and buy it.

I wish it was that simple. I pre-ordered to take advantage of the Samsung $200 rebate, so I can't buy in-store. I expressed this to CS and said what is the point of pre-ordering when VZW goofs up my order and now I may get the phone more than a week after the release? (Assuming 10/31 shipping gets it to me the following Monday) CS just said "Sorry, nothing we can do." I'm currently having my account reviewed again since it still shows an error.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just got mine black (Verizon)

It is a Sprint limitation. Older Sprint phones can do voice and data but the newer Sprint "Spark" enabled phones cannot do voice & data unless they are on a VoLTE call. This is due to the Sprint model only have one radio so it can only do voice... or data. Verizon (and Sprint used to in non-spark phones) puts two radios in so they can have one use the phone .. and the other uses data. That way they can avoid this limitation. Even though Verizon does have VoLTE launched they still are making phones this way for now so .. Voice & Data will work for Verizon. It will for Sprint too ... on wifi .. or once they roll out VoLTE :).

As for AT&T and T-Mobile they operate on GSM mainly so they can do Voice and Data with one radio ... regardless if it is a VoLTE call or not. A VoLTE call for AT&T and T-Mobile just means you get to hold LTE and stay on the call instead of dropping from LTE to HSPA.
you may not be aware but the new 2014 moto x doesn't do voice and data the way you've described. it needs the advanced calling 1.0 update to use the VOLTE . the new turbo will be the same way is the consensus. i'm really hoping the note4 on Verizon works the way you've described . can OP please confirm one way or the other im dying to know. the note 4 is my last hope for a new phone this year.

cbeattie411

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Whoop whoop. Just got my tracking number. Super stoked. It's finally time to transfer everything to my SD card.

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

Whoop whoop. Just got my tracking number. Super stoked. It's finally time to transfer everything to my SD card.

I just got off the phone with VZ and asked about shipping status they said 31st on orders I pre ordered mone from Best Buy

TheDarkKnight0818

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Best Buy Verizon Pre orders...

Honestly no one at Best Buy knows what is going on... Hopefully I get my email tomorrow, if not I'm just going to show up at the store on Thursday and intimidate them a bit😏

TheDarkKnight0818

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

I pre ordered mine from best buy.. they told me the 23 or 24, such a mistake preordering from them they never give a definite answer

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

This is frustrating especially when other carriers have already received. They did tell me yesterday that I would have it by the end of the week no doubt

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

I wish it was that simple. I pre-ordered to take advantage of the Samsung $200 rebate, so I can't buy in-store. I expressed this to CS and said what is the point of pre-ordering when VZW goofs up my order and now I may get the phone more than a week after the release? (Assuming 10/31 shipping gets it to me the following Monday) CS just said "Sorry, nothing we can do." I'm currently having my account reviewed again since it still shows an error.

Is it possible for you to use the pre-order receipt that was emailed to you for the promo purposes, then go into the store on 10/23 and buy it? As long as you turn the pre-order receipt, I don't think they'll know the original order was cancelled and you purchased it in a store.... OR maybe cover all your bases, keep the order you currently have through VZW customer service (just in case you get it by Thursday) but if you don't receive it, take your chances in a store and if u get lucky, cancel your pending order. I'm not sure if they need a packing slip, but if I recall things correctly, you just need the pre-order receipt (which you already have) the IMEI number from the phone, & trade-in receipt.

TheDarkKnight0818

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

Yeah there is no point in preordering if we don't get it a day early like the other vzw preorders.. instead we might get it a day after launch

lisa4labz

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon ready to ship!

About 4:30pm I got a FEDX shipping alert, then an email from VZ that my white Note 4 was shipped. Weird because I only ordered it last week and thought it got pushed back to 10/31 per the website. Should have it tomorrow.

lisa4labz

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Just read some people had theirs cancelled, that is very bad business on their part, I'd be royally complaining, prob so much that they'd give it to me for 1/2 price!

Last edited:

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I just got a text saying it shipped, which I already knew. I just don't know when it'll be here. Hopefully Thursday.

Note 2 via Android Central App