12-26-2014 04:49 AM
1,681 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Good point. I still think EDGE is almost always better than a 2 year contract. It's just that EDGE is much worse than other carrier's installment plans now.
    10-16-2014 03:00 PM
    And I have had several tell me I could. Left hand does not know what right hand is doing.
    These two are directly from the Edge VZW FAQ's, which can be found at Verizon Edge FAQs | Verizon Wireless
    Can I make a down payment when I buy a new device with Verizon Edge?

Yes, you can make a down payment to reduce your monthly Edge payment. However, the total down payment can’t exceed 75% of the full retail price of the device.
    Note: To participate in the Verizon Edge program, some customers may be required to make a down payment based on credit criteria.
    Can I pay more than my scheduled monthly Verizon Edge installment?

No, unless you are either seeking to Edge Up to a new device, which requires that at the time of the Edge Up transaction you pay at least 75% of the device (50% for customers with an Edge Agreement entered prior to 6/1/14, 60% for customers with an Edge Agreement entered between 6/1/14 and 10/15/14) following the initial 30 days of the Verizon Edge Agreement; or you are seeking to pay off 100% of your Verizon Edge Agreement, which you may do at any time.
    10-16-2014 03:02 PM
    The status is nothing actually.

As a VZW customer waiting for my Note 4 I just felt left out and jealous with all these Sprint, ATT and Tmo posts about shipping status. Ugh....Haha
    prakash99, ejcrossl and IrishSoul like this.
    10-16-2014 03:04 PM
    Two thumbs down.
    felloffthetruck and prakash99 like this.
    10-16-2014 03:05 PM
    Lol! I feel your pain, I'm with VZW too
    prakash99 and IrishSoul like this.
    10-16-2014 03:07 PM
    It's only one week away. At least we get the chance to see which cases/screen protectors are good and which ones aren't.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-16-2014 03:07 PM
    It's only one week away. At least we get the chance to see which cases/screen protectors are good and which ones aren't.

well damn, not for me, bc i buy them before the phone so I have it for them! haha

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    10-16-2014 03:22 PM
    The status is nothing actually.

As a VZW customer waiting for my Note 4 I just felt left out and jealous with all these Sprint, ATT and Tmo posts about shipping status. Ugh....Haha
    10/23 hasn't changed and won't change. Just deal with it already
    10-16-2014 03:32 PM
    I posted this on another thread. I am hoping there is truth to it.

I've called the Corporate Verizon Store for the past three consecutive days and talked to three different customer service reps. They all say the same thing. They will have limited stock but cannot confirm its availability. I am going to the Verizon Store first thing tomorrow a.m. and will be hopefully posting pics of the beauty by 11 a.m. 'ish EST

for what its worth you should call your local corporate store too.

On another Note i've devised a plan..sort of. I can pre-order the Note 4 at the Verizon store, cancel the pre-order buy the phone, trade in my old iPhone 4, send my receipts and get $200 back from Sammy with a brand new Verizon Note 4 on the 17th.

Sounds to good to be true, so it probably is. One can only hope!
    10-16-2014 03:36 PM
    My Verizon shipping status is........................ZERO!

I've checked it a few hundred times already.

Only another 7 days to go for us loyal Verizon customers.
    10-16-2014 03:40 PM
    I called Verizon yesterday and was told they'd be in the stores this Friday (the 17th).
    10-16-2014 03:47 PM
    I called Verizon yesterday and was told they'd be in the stores this Friday (the 17th).
    That sure would make a preorder pointless if you can just walk in and get it in the store before preorders online even ship out.

Posted via Android Central App
    jayochs likes this.
    10-16-2014 03:50 PM
    That sure would make a preorder pointless if you can just walk in and get it in the store before preorders online even ship out.

Posted via Android Central App
    Then you couldn't take advantage of the $200 promo.

Note 2 via Android Central App
    10-16-2014 03:56 PM
    Then you couldn't take advantage of the $200 promo.

Note 2 via Android Central App
    On another Note i've devised a plan..sort of. I can pre-order the Note 4 at the Verizon store, cancel the pre-order buy the phone, trade in my old iPhone 4, send my receipts and get $200 back from Sammy with a brand new Verizon Note 4 on the 17th.

Sounds to good to be true, so it probably is. One can only hope!

Maybe....
    10-16-2014 03:59 PM
    Just 7 more days .... and for some of us impatient ones, 7 long agonizing days :P
    felloffthetruck and msokad like this.
    10-16-2014 04:06 PM
    I know this thread is about Verizon's Edge, but AT&T's NEXT program is why I left Verizon and some other underhanded reasons.
    After I make two regular monthly "NEXT" payments I can payoff the balance at anytime. I need to find out if I can "add" a little money to the installment amount each month if I want to.

How AT&T Next works
    Choose one of our latest smartphones and select AT&T Next 12 or 18 as your smartphone installment agreement term.1 During check out, we'll display the low installment charge that will be added to your bill each month. Installment charges are determined by the full retail price of the smartphone divided by 20 monthly payments (AT&T Next 12) or 24 monthly payments (AT&T Next 18).
    At the time of purchase, you pay sales tax on the full retail price of the smartphone. The first monthly smartphone installment charge will be added to your next bill.
    Once you've paid the balance of 12 (AT&T Next 12) or 18 (AT&T Next 18) installment payments, you can trade-in your eligible smartphone and upgrade to a new AT&T Next smartphone! You can pay this balance anytime after you've been billed for and paid your first two monthly installments. You can also pay off your full installment balance at any time. See trade-in details below for more information.
    10-16-2014 04:12 PM
    You can't make larger payments. You can only do a one time down payment when you initially sign up for Edge
    Completely opposite what I was told by 2 different VZW store people, a phone CSR rep, 2 online chat reps and BB. They said I cannot make a down payment unless required to do so and that I can make extra payments.
    10-16-2014 04:14 PM
    Well, apparently VZW needs to do some better training of their reps!
    10-16-2014 04:18 PM
    So did I but if you bought ones with problems it will still be easier to return them unopened.

10-16-2014 04:23 PM

I've called the Corporate Verizon Store for the past three consecutive days and talked to three different customer service reps. They all say the same thing. They will have limited stock but cannot confirm its availability. I am going to the Verizon Store first thing tomorrow a.m. and will be hopefully posting pics of the beauty by 11 a.m. 'ish
    You will know when Verizon sells all the note 4 phones they have available, right now the ship by date is 10/23/2014. When that changes online is when the limited stock available now is gone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-16-2014 04:23 PM
    Completely opposite what I was told by 2 different VZW store people, a phone CSR rep, 2 online chat reps and BB. They said I cannot make a down payment unless required to do so and that I can make extra payments.
    I

I've edged up twice already, each time I was given an optional "one time" down payment to reduce the monthly payments.
    10-16-2014 04:27 PM
    So Verizon very quietly just changed their Edge program. Doing the math, if you plan to keep your phone for 2 years, it is a great deal. The downside is, edging up is pretty much not an option anymore, or rather, not really worth it.
    Here's the new "deal". No longer 20 payments, its back to 24. Now you have to pay off 75% of the phone before you can edge.
    So the Note 4 is $29.14 for 24 months, if you have a 10 gb plan (don't judge me for losing my unlimited), you are only paying $4.19/mo or $100 over the life. Factor in your $200 Samsung trade in, and they are paying you $100 for the phone.
    I am torn whether or not I am happy about this. On one hand, I am saving money in the long run. On the other hand, now you have to go 18 months just to edge, only 2 months earlier than last weeks fully pd off phone.
    Thanks VZ for making me wait all this time w/ my plan completely set, now I have to start all over and reevaluate which way I am going to go.
    $29.14/month?? I called yesterday to pre order and was told $34.99/month??
    10-16-2014 04:35 PM
    Yes, you're paying less money monthly but I don't see it as a better deal cause you have to pay more in order to edge up. So either you wait for 18 months (not gonna happen for me) or you edge up early but still have to pay whatever you still have outstanding in order to reach the 75%. I'm not happy! But luckily, I pre-ordered the N4 and signed the Edge agreement before this new Edge plan came into effect. I don't have to worry about it until I want to edge up to the Note 5 next yr
    So of I'm already in edge & not a new Edge customer my Edge plan stays the same? ?
    10-16-2014 04:37 PM
    If you're on a 10GB plan, you can put down $100 as your down payment at time of purchase and it'll bring your monthly cost down to $25. So with the $25 discount you essentially payed only $100 for the phone and can upgrade in 18 months versus $299 + $30 upgrade fee to upgrade in 24 months again.

It still works out on the lower price plans with the $15 discount. You out $100 down and essentially pay an extra $10 a month. After 18 months you have now paid $280 for $330.

I actually am starting to like the new EDGE pricing. Cost wise, it's so much better than buying most phones on a two year agreement. But it also defeats the main purpose of EDGE initially, which was to get a new phone a whole lot more frequent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Under the old plan, w/ the $25 discount, it would cost you $120 over 12 months. You could essentially turn it in and get the newest phone. Your out $125 of rental. Now if you want the newest phone in 12 months, you are in for $4.19*12+$29.14*6= $225. So the "edge" part of the deal is much worse now.
    10-16-2014 04:39 PM
    So of I'm already in edge & not a new Edge customer my Edge plan stays the same? ?
    Yes it stays the same, it'll only effect those that have signed new Edge agreements from today forward. Thankfully, I signed mine on 10/7 so I don't have to worry about it yet either.
    10-16-2014 04:40 PM
1,681 ... 45678 ...