12-26-2014 03:49 AM
1,681 ... 56789 ...
tools
    $29.14/month?? I called yesterday to pre order and was told $34.99/month??
    Did you sign your edge agreement on the preorder? If so, you probably got it. If not, check the price on their website now.
    10-16-2014 03:44 PM
    So of I'm already in edge & not a new Edge customer my Edge plan stays the same? ?
    But as soon as you go for a new phone, you will enter into their new plan for that phone.
    10-16-2014 03:45 PM
    My Verizon shipping status is........................ZERO!

I've checked it a few hundred times already.

Only another 7 days to go for us loyal Verizon customers.
    When I go to My Verizon, I do not see any reference to my Pre Order. Where do you see the status??
    I have an email from Verizon with an order status link. It shows I ordered it 9/24 and has the following comment:
    Your order is processing. Your shipping details will be available soon.

Am I doing something wrong?
    10-16-2014 03:52 PM
    I know that this is heresy especially here and I also know that many users here are absolutely dedicated to getting into the newest iteration of a phone as quickly as they can.

But isn't the downside to any Edge formula that you are going to end up paying a heck of a lot more for your phone than if you just took their two year contract and accepted the risk of an early withdrawal cost if you opt out early. For folks thinking in terms of eighteen months, at that point you are six months away from the end of what would be your two year contract. At least the last time I looked, the money dif between two year contract and Edge was not insignificant. Every month you are under your contract you reduce the penalty for early withdrawal so the early withdrawal penalty for being under contract is less of an issue as each month passes.

I think Edge does speak to the parts of the audience that want what they think is complete freedom but is really only another version of less than complete freedom and it does get you to a point where you can upgrade without penalty earlier but there is a cost for that which is not (again last I looked) not insignificant. If I am wrong I can totally accept that but I think the raw cost is greater under any of the Edge formulas when compared to contract.
    10-16-2014 03:54 PM
    I have nothing of value to add except to say that I, too, am SO JEALOUS of all of these other peeps who have their N4's already. I'm still using this piece o' crap iPhone 5 that freezes every time I try to do anything on it and the only thing I've used Safari for all day is to check my shipping status.

LOL.
    10-16-2014 03:57 PM
    I know that this is heresy especially here and I also know that many users here are absolutely dedicated to getting into the newest iteration of a phone as quickly as they can.

But isn't the downside to any Edge formula that you are going to end up paying a heck of a lot more for your phone than if you just took their two year contract and accepted the risk of an early withdrawal cost if you opt out early. For folks thinking in terms of eighteen months, at that point you are six months away from the end of what would be your two year contract. At least the last time I looked, the money dif between two year contract and Edge was not insignificant. Every month you are under your contract you reduce the penalty for early withdrawal so the early withdrawal penalty for being under contract is less of an issue as each month passes.

I think Edge does speak to the parts of the audience that want what they think is complete freedom but is really only another version of less than complete freedom and it does get you to a point where you can upgrade without penalty earlier but there is a cost for that which is not (again last I looked) not insignificant. If I am wrong I can totally accept that but I think the raw cost is greater under any of the Edge formulas when compared to contract.
    It all depends on what you plan to do or want to do. If you look at the basic comparison, $300 for a 2 year contract or doing edge for 24 months, the edge contract wins if you are on a 10 GB plan. You pay $100 over 24 months to own the phone outright.

Edit: I forgot about taxes and activation. For simplicity, in AZ we are close to 10% tax. So you pay $30 tax and $35 activation fee on the 2 year contract price. On edge you pay $70 taxes. Add $5 more total cost on edge.
    10-16-2014 03:58 PM
    When I go to My Verizon, I do not see any reference to my Pre Order. Where do you see the status??
    I have an email from Verizon with an order status link. It shows I ordered it 9/24 and has the following comment:

No that's the message we all get. That's because the shipping date is 10/23. When its the 21st, then start checking for any status update. Ohterwise you'll just keep seeing Your order is processing. Your shipping details will be available soon.
    jayochs likes this.
    10-16-2014 04:07 PM
    But as soon as you go for a new phone, you will enter into their new plan for that phone.
    This is true. If you were on EDGE before this .. You're held to the old terms you signed for ... But once upgrading (or if you "EDGE UP") you will have to sign the new terms of 75%.
    10-16-2014 04:09 PM
    "It all depends on what you plan to do or want to do. If you look at the basic comparison, $300 for a 2 year contract or doing edge for 24 months, the edge contract wins if you are on a 10 GB plan. You pay $100 over 24 months to own the phone outright.

Edit: I forgot about taxes and activation. For simplicity, in AZ we are close to 10% tax. So you pay $30 tax and $35 activation fee on the 2 year contract price. On edge you pay $70 taxes. Add $5 more total cost on edge. "

Thanks for that ...I really appreciate it. I thought it might be bound up in the commitment to bandwidth part of things. My problem is that I simply used very little with the iPhone 4 that I am coming out of and just do not have a way to accurately understand how much is going to be right for me. I am not a big movie download kind of guy and that is the kind of stuff that really sucks down bandwidth. I don't think the N4 is going to change that for me. I don't care how bored I might be, watching much video for too long on a phablet screen does not make much sense at least not to me. That said, just a few movies a month and you are going to be bumping the limits pretty quick. But it almost seems like if you are not doing that, you
    would have be doing just about anything else with your phone 24/7 to really need a ton of bandwidth.

Is there any way you guys that are much more experienced than I have to try get a handle on what kinds of usage besides streaming video will get you needing something like a 10 GB plan? and thanks again ej!
    10-16-2014 04:11 PM
    If I'm not mistaken if any carrier changes the agreement of the contract you have within 30 days to cancel the contract.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5😎
    10-16-2014 04:33 PM
    The other thing I should have mentioned in the discussion of bandwidth is that we have Wi-Fi everywhere here and I certainly have it in my own home. Access to Wi-Fi really does cut down on bandwidth usage especially if you are pretty steadfast about getting access to it where you can.
    10-16-2014 04:41 PM
    The other thing I should have mentioned in the discussion of bandwidth is that we have Wi-Fi everywhere here and I certainly have it in my own home. Access to Wi-Fi really does cut down on bandwidth usage especially if you are pretty steadfast about getting access to it where you can.
    You probably won't use very much then. Most of the plans now are geared towards family plans w/ multiple devices on it. We have 4 on one plan, so 10 is about the norm. I don't have wifi at work and in general I use between 2 and 3 GB a week with moderate usage.
    10-16-2014 04:47 PM
    This must obviously be wrong for us Verizon peeps..... http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...fers/41578.htm
    10-16-2014 04:48 PM
    10/26 is the cut off. Starting today anyone pre-ordering with edge will be subject to the new terms.
    10-16-2014 04:49 PM
    I posted this on another thread. I am hoping there is truth to it.

I've called the Corporate Verizon Store for the past three consecutive days and talked to three different customer service reps. They all say the same thing. They will have limited stock but cannot confirm its availability. I am going to the Verizon Store first thing tomorrow a.m. and will be hopefully posting pics of the beauty by 11 a.m. 'ish EST

for what its worth you should call your local corporate store too.

On another Note i've devised a plan..sort of. I can pre-order the Note 4 at the Verizon store, cancel the pre-order buy the phone, trade in my old iPhone 4, send my receipts and get $200 back from Sammy with a brand new Verizon Note 4 on the 17th.

Sounds to good to be true, so it probably is. One can only hope!
    I was told if you cancel a preorder, you will pay a $35 restock fee
    10-16-2014 04:50 PM
    You probably won't use very much then. Most of the plans now are geared towards family plans w/ multiple devices on it. We have 4 on one plan, so 10 is about the norm. I don't have wifi at work and in general I use between 2 and 3 GB a week with moderate usage.
    I agree with this. I stay with T-Mobile due to me having coverage (that is always number 1 .. what good is a carrier if I can't get good signal where I work and play?) and since I have coverage all around Jacksonville (LTE) I can utilize the unlimited data. Work has wifi but it can barley stream music (not even joking) so I use my LTE 100% of the time there .. and that is where I use my phone the most (wifi at home) -- So I average ... a ton of GB each month .. So unlimited is nicest on the wallet .
    10-16-2014 04:51 PM
    The article doesn't even reflect the new edge terms. 10/23 is still the date IMO
    10-16-2014 04:53 PM
    Plus the promotion Verizon was running sort of pushed me to just getting the contract plan as well. I got the 2 GB for $60 a month plan and I am the only person on the plan. If I go over even as much as double I would be at 4 GB and that extra two would cost me an extra $30. So for me anything other than this was almost not be an option.

Here, you still have to know where your Wi-Fi is (obviously you know where it is in your own home) but you want to make sure you have spots you can go to outside your home and then just be aware of what you are doing. Drive that extra 100 yards to get in range of Wi-Fi instead of sitting there like a lump steaming away while the meter is running. If you are actually driving and watching streaming video....well....that is a whole different kind of a problem.

In my case, while the case I a have had the i4 in did a wonderful job of protecting it, it cut down on range of just about everything. I am actually looking forward to some improvement in range regardless of access type with the N4 on that score alone.
    10-16-2014 04:55 PM

Same thing I'm looking at.
    10-16-2014 05:00 PM
    It's only one week away. At least we get the chance to see which cases/screen protectors are good and which ones aren't.

Posted via the Android Central App
    1 week away if you ordered black. I ordered white. It's saying ship 10/31 😕
    10-16-2014 05:25 PM
    1 week away if you ordered black. I ordered white. It's saying ship 10/31 😕
    When did you order?

10-16-2014 05:28 PM
    So, I was just doing alittle digging, and AT&T's Next 12 program isn't all it's cracked up to be. Right now the payments for the N4 on the Next 12 program are $41.30 per month and you can upgrade in 12 months, which by that time you've paid $495.60 for the phone and if you choose to buy it outright, you would still be left with a balance remaining of $330.39 since AT&T prices the N4 at $825.99. With Verizon (under the new Edge plan) the payments are $29.16 and after the 18 months or 75% is paid, you've paid about $524.88... If you choose to pay the remaining balance you would only have to pay another $175.11 and its yours!! Obviously, the AT&T allows you to upgrade faster at 12 months but it's almost at the same cost. Long story short, I won't be leaving VZW for AT&T Next!! When I want to upgrade after I sign another Edge agreement, I'll just pay off the phone and resell it to recoup some $$
    Harlemknight likes this.
    10-16-2014 05:31 PM
    From Verizon Edge FAQ:

Note to customers with Edge Agreements signed between 6/1/14 and 10/15/14: You’ll keep your 20-month Edge Agreement, and you’ll have the option to Edge Up to a new device after paying 60% of the original device and returning the original device to us in good working condition.
    Ok good to know! Thanks for posting this!
    10-16-2014 05:31 PM
    Did you sign your edge agreement on the preorder? If so, you probably got it. If not, check the price on their website now.
    I signed something online or they said the order would be canceled
    10-16-2014 05:39 PM
    Ordered 9/24

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon - Preorders, shipping and arrivals-2014-10-16-15-57-25.jpg  
    10-16-2014 05:58 PM
1,681 ... 56789 ...