I signed something online or they said the order would be canceled
    Cool, you probably snagged the last of the old deal
    10-16-2014 06:01 PM
    I was told if you cancel a preorder, you will pay a $35 restock fee
    What the hell?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-16-2014 06:28 PM
    That's not true, at least not on Verizon. I canceled my pre order and didn't pay anything
    ejcrossl likes this.
    10-16-2014 06:32 PM
    That's not true, at least not on Verizon. I canceled my pre order and didn't pay anything
    Same here, I cancelled my 1st pre-order and I didn't pay anything. I think that only applies if you actually receive the phone & return it
    10-16-2014 06:34 PM
    On another Note i've devised a plan..sort of. I can pre-order the Note 4 at the Verizon store, cancel the pre-order buy the phone, trade in my old iPhone 4, send my receipts and get $200 back from Sammy with a brand new Verizon Note 4 on the 17th.

Sounds to good to be true, so it probably is. One can only hope!

Maybe....
    Just a hunch but...
    Pretty sure you need the sales receipt that comes in your preorder package. They don't actually charge you until the phone is received so none of the paperwork before you receive your package would be considered a valid proof of purchase.

Posted via the Android Central App
    scribe4food likes this.
    10-16-2014 06:41 PM
    I bought the phone outright for $699. I was told I could upgrade early because we have 5 smart phones on our plan and have never had a late payment.... BUT, the catch is we had to cancel our pre-order and have the phones shipped on launch day (a date she would not confirm 100% but kept saying BY the 23rd).

I asked what would happen if the pre-orders sold out and the phone was on backorder (which the white one currently is) and she said I would just have to wait until the backordered phone came back in stock.

UM. NO. Not happening.

What you CAN do, is keep your pre-order, DO NOT OPEN the phone. Go to a Verizon store. Return the phone full price. Re-purchase the phone with contract for $299 and sell back your current smart phone. Leave the store with a $99 phone. And NOT have to wait for a backorder to come in.

You just have to find a manager willing to do it, and it's at their discretion.
    10-16-2014 06:51 PM
    So I signed a new agreement online when I pre-ordered so I am safe this time for the 60% version. But it doesn't help when I have to sign a new agreement for the next Edge turn in. I wonder if it will be 90% by then ;p.
    10-16-2014 06:57 PM
    I bought the phone outright for $699. I was told I could upgrade early because we have 5 smart phones on our plan and have never had a late payment.... BUT, the catch is we had to cancel our pre-order and have the phones shipped on launch day (a date she would not confirm 100% but kept saying BY the 23rd).

I asked what would happen if the pre-orders sold out and the phone was on backorder (which the white one currently is) and she said I would just have to wait until the backordered phone came back in stock.

UM. NO. Not happening.

What you CAN do, is keep your pre-order, DO NOT OPEN the phone. Go to a Verizon store. Return the phone full price. Re-purchase the phone with contract for $299 and sell back your current smart phone. Leave the store with a $99 phone. And NOT have to wait for a backorder to come in.

To add to this.... the operator told me as long as the phone is UNOPENED and the seal is not broken, you do NOT have to pay a $35 restocking fee.

I see this as a win for any store manager. If you have a person who is going to return a $700 phone and walk, and you can talk them into a 2-year contract, that looks good on you, so I don't see why a manager would NOT do it, but they can deny you if they choose to do so.
    10-16-2014 06:57 PM
    Only if opened the box.
    10-16-2014 07:13 PM
    When I want to upgrade after I sign another Edge agreement, I'll just pay off the phone and resell it to recoup some $$
    Just remember that when you pay off your EDGE contract they make you wait 30 days before you can enter into a new one
    Harlemknight likes this.
    10-16-2014 07:18 PM
    So I signed a new agreement online when I pre-ordered so I am safe this time for the 60% version. But it doesn't help when I have to sign a new agreement for the next Edge turn in. I wonder if it will be 90% by then ;p.
    Double check when you get it. I know when we order a phone in the store (i work at a verizon retailer) we don't sign the edge agreement until the phone shows up.
    10-16-2014 07:19 PM
    Just remember that when you pay off your EDGE contract they make you wait 30 days before you can enter into a new one
    I know you have to have your edge device for 30 days before you can edge up but I didn't know you have to wait that long after paying it off.... Worst case scenario, I use a cheapy temp phone for 30 days
    10-16-2014 07:31 PM
    This is why I just bite the bullet and pay retail. No shenanigans, no contracts.
    10-16-2014 07:33 PM
    Verizon knows what they're doing. Edge customers want a new phone every year because people fall in love with a particular brand/model phone. So every year they want the new one, well on edge they can do this. Originally it was set up where the edge customer didn't pay a dime extra and got there new model phone. Now it's set up where "Hey you've got 50% paid off already...just pay the remaining 25% and you get your new model phone!" They also managed to get all phones down below $29.99 monthly payments which will not scare people away like the old $34.99 payments.
    10-16-2014 07:47 PM
    Double check when you get it. I know when we order a phone in the store (i work at a verizon retailer) we don't sign the edge agreement until the phone shows up.
    For orders placed on VZW.com & corporate stores, you digitally sign it when you place your order.
    Acturus1982 likes this.
    10-16-2014 07:56 PM
    The 30 days wait it's only after you start the edge program. Once the phone is paid off there is no waiting period.
    Honey_184 likes this.
    10-16-2014 07:57 PM
    The 30 days wait it's only after you start the edge program. Once the phone is paid off there is no waiting period.
    Thanks, that's what I thought! I've been reading my Edge agreement over and over and the only mention of a 30 wait I could find is once you start a new agreement.
    10-16-2014 08:00 PM
    It's only one week away. At least we get the chance to see which cases/screen protectors are good and which ones aren't.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'm going to have to keep repeating that so I'm not so pissed at Verizon. In the grand scheme of life, it's not a big deal, but I'm a phone nerd and I WANT my phone lol
    10-16-2014 08:27 PM
    I've tried returning accessories purchased online to the store and they refused. Made me pack it up and return it to get my credit.
    10-16-2014 08:35 PM
    I've tried returning accessories purchased online to the store and they refused. Made me pack it up and return it to get my credit.
    Verizon store employees only want to deal with you if they are making money off you. They have right out lied to me. I wouldn't trust a corporate Verizon store employee ever.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-16-2014 09:36 PM
    The New Edge is still good though. Simply use it as a 0% interest payment plan for your full retail phone. Then in say 8-12 months some other phone tickles your fancy, just pay off whatever is left of the phone, resell and use the money as a down payment on a new edge agreement. Sure it was better to just hand it in and walk out with a new phone, but selling it yourself either on Ebay, Swappa or Craigslist isn't really that hard. Plus you get the plan discounts associated with edge which saves money as well.
    10-16-2014 09:40 PM
    It would really be the price you pay for the phone + 24 months x $10 (for data plans less than 10GB or $25 for data plans 10GB and above). So, either $440 or $800.

UM. NO. Not happening.

10-16-2014 09:44 PM
    While they seem pleasant enough, it seems to me more than anything else, they are just plain unreliable. Myself I can't say I have had one outright lie to me. But if my job were selling plans and hardware in such a specific area as phone devices, I would know everything about every one of them without question. I have noticed a particular bias toward iPhone by the Verizon in store sales personnel. Oddly enough, I don't get that feeling at all when I call and talk to a telephone rep but the Corporate In-store folks seem just mesmerized by Apple.

I get the impression that when they are in there before opening and after close, they are walking around the floor banging into each other muttering "Apple....Apple....Apple...Apple" much like the seagulls in the movie "Finding Nemo"....Mine...Mine....Mine....Mine. That is probably an overstatement but not by much...at least around here.
    TechNut79 and prakash99 like this.
    10-16-2014 09:50 PM
    I just pre ordered a couple of days ago.
    10-17-2014 04:46 AM
    Cool, you probably snagged the last of the old deal
    Ok great! Thanks!
    10-17-2014 10:02 AM
1,681 ... 678910 ...