Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon - Preorders, shipping and arrivals

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Verizon question

Do you y'all think that xtle might have something to do with why Verizon new phones come out late

Posted via the Android Central App

Not really. Verizon deployed xlte last year

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Do you y'all think that xtle might have something to do with why Verizon new phones come out late

Posted via the Android Central App

No. XLTE is just a faster band... T-Mobile has a faster band as well (they call it wideband instead of xlte) and they release fine. The speed of the network doesn't have anything to do with it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I would as well but since I'm on T-Mobile... Gotta get theirs for their perks :). Either way an early delivery is always nice.
True, my point was however that imo, complaining that Verizon version doesn't have headphones isn't a valid point, given that the Verizon version is $50 cheaper than T-Mobile and $125 cheaper than at&t.

Megan Lemon

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

I was messaging a Verizon rep from my store. She said that their Samsung rep doesn't even have the note 4 yet, which is insane! Also, I asked Verizon for 2 note 4 tempered glass screen protectors to ship with my phones. I received the screen protectors yesterday and they're for the note 3. I called and was told there is a note in my account saying they sent them bc they are the same screen size. Anyone know if they should work or not???

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

What is all this I hear about Verizon removing the head phones? This just seems so ridiculous to me and I can't believe people let them do this. If I pay $700 for a phone, I dam well want everything that comes with it. Do they really do this? How can they get away with that? More importantly, why even do this in the first place?

Posted via Android Central App

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

What is all this I hear about Verizon removing the head phones? This just seems so ridiculous to me and I can't believe people let them do this. If I pay $700 for a phone, I dam well want everything that comes with it. Do they really do this? How can they get away with that? More importantly, why even do this in the first place?

Not sure if that is confirmed, but I would be disappointed if so.

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I think you can rest assured that there isn't some Verizon warehouse where employees are opening boxes and taking headphones out. It's a silly and outlandish idea. More likely, if there aren't headphones in the box it's because Verizon asked Samsung to not pack them in exchange for a slight discount off the cost of the phones. That would give them just a sliver more margin on the phone. What in the world would Verizon do with thousands and thousands of sets of headphones?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I think you can rest assured that there isn't some Verizon warehouse where employees are opening boxes and taking headphones out. It's a silly and outlandish idea. More likely, if there aren't headphones in the box it's because Verizon asked Samsung to not pack them in exchange for a slight discount off the cost of the phones. That would give them just a sliver more margin on the phone. What in the world would Verizon do with thousands and thousands of sets of headphones?

The Verizon Note 4 costs more to make than the tmobile Note due to cdma radios. Yet Verizon sells it $50 cheaper than T-Mobile. The included headphones are worth no where near $50 to me.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

This. All carriers get options with the devices. Remember when phones shipped with holsters back in the day. Carriers pay for those items as they come bundled with the device from the manufactuer. By getting Samsung to not package certain items it keeps the cost down for Verizon adn saves them pennies. I know I know it sucks but it is also cheaper for Verizon customers this time around. And yes Verizon does not remove the headphones from the box. The headphones were never placed in the box from the factory.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The Verizon Note 4 costs more to make than the tmobile Note due to cdma radios. Yet Verizon sells it $50 cheaper than T-Mobile. The included headphones are worth no where near $50 to me.

This.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 Verizon Availability on Day 1

I haven't preordered yet from any source and plan on walking into a Verizon Corporate store or Best Buy and buying off contract @ full retail whenever its actually released on Verizon.

Do you think there will be enough to meet demand on Day 1? I typically get to the store a few hours early so I'm first in line.

Agfadoc

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Availability on Day 1

Not from my experience. If any were available, it has always been, "I want Black 32gb", "Oh we only have white 16gb" or something like it. Which is why I preorderd.

Good luck though, I've never been the lucky sort.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I went on release day for the Note 3 as soon as they opened. I ordered black specifically but some how he sold me white. Did an immediate exchange. No line, no problems except stupid salesmen.

Last edited:

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

just be ready to put up with typical ***** salesmen trying to force you to use an upgrade. they obviously don't want you buying off contract because they make no money on it since all their commission is in contracts. they are very hesitate to do it, but maybe that's just by me.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Not from my experience. If any were available, it has always been, "I want Black 32gb", "Oh we only have white 16gb" or something like it. Which is why I preorderd.

Good luck though, I've never been the lucky sort.

Well the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is only available in 32gb. I picked up a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on release day. Bought online with in-store pickup, no issues other than the salesman trying to sell me accessories. They also offered me a substantial discount.

a4u4y5yh.jpg

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Well the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is only available in 32gb. I picked up a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on release day. Bought online with in-store pickup, no issues other than the salesman trying to sell me accessories. They also offered me a substantial discount.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/16/a4u4y5yh.jpg

$52 tax in California? Damn.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star