Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon - Preorders, shipping and arrivals

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Availability on Day 1

Well the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is only available in 32gb. I picked up a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on release day. Bought online with in-store pickup, no issues other than the salesman trying to sell me accessories. They also offered me a substantial discount.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/16/a4u4y5yh.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

$63 state and local sales tax on a $119.99 purchase??!!!! That's a 52.5% sales tax!! And California is still nearly bankrupt? Wow. Just wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

$63 state and local sales tax on a $119.99 purchase??!!!! That's a 52.5% sales tax!! And California is still nearly bankrupt? Wow. Just wow.

They pay taxes on full retail. Glad I don't live there.

Posted via Android Central App

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Availability on Day 1

NVM. I just read the bottom of the receipt. Still, state and local governments in CA tax you on the retail price rather than the price you actually pay? That's absurd.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

So is the general consensus that I will be able to walk I to a Verizon store on 10/23 and buy a GN4? Or should I preorder? I just want to get it first thing in the morning and not have to sit around all day waiting for FedEx.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

@reesh11 Are you saying you went on release day to a VERIZON STORE?? For the NOTE 4 ???? That hasn't even happened yet right? Oct. 23rd no?? Not sure what you are saying here.....???
I went on release day for the Note 4 as soon as they opened. I ordered black specifically but some how he sold me white. Did an immediate exchange. No line, no problems except stupid salesmen.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

@reesh11 Are you saying you went on release day to a VERIZON STORE?? For the NOTE 4 ???? That hasn't even happened yet right? Oct. 23rd no?? Not sure what you are saying here.....???

My bad!!! Note 3 lol do used to typing 4.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Even for free phones, you are still required to pay sales tax

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Even for free phones, you are still required to pay sales tax

The phone is not really free as far as taxing entities go. Whoever the end purchaser is winds up paying the sales tax, unless they are tax exempt. Even if you don't pay up front, you are still paying for the phone over the length of the contract, so sales tax is applicable. In essence, you are financing the phone, not too unlike you finance a car. The tax is still due, even if you are not paying out of pocket the full price of the vehicle up front. Yeah, it sucks, but it is what it is. The government will squeeze every penny from you they can.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The phone is not really free as far as taxing entities go. Whoever the end purchaser is winds up paying the sales tax, unless they are tax exempt. Even if you don't pay up front, you are still paying for the phone over the length of the contract, so sales tax is applicable. In essence, you are financing the phone, not too unlike you finance a car. The tax is still due, even if you are not paying out of pocket the full price of the vehicle up front. Yeah, it sucks, but it is what it is. The government will squeeze every penny from you they can.

But in CA, we get squeezed both ways - sales tax on phones and we have to pay taxes and fees per month.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Wealth redistribution. Catch the fevah'! ;)

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

So is the general consensus that I will be able to walk I to a Verizon store on 10/23 and buy a GN4? Or should I preorder? I just want to get it first thing in the morning and not have to sit around all day waiting for FedEx.

I think you'll be good to go to be honest. It just depends on the store and how much inventory they receive. Head in there pretty early just to make sure you get one. I have a corporate service center store right by my house, and they always have everything. I remember trying to get a release day moto x by my work and they had none, but swing in the store at home and they had a bunch

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I just spoke with the local Verizon Corporate store..again. I've called for the past three consecutive days to check on Note 4 availability tomorrow Oct. 17th. That may make me sound insane, which I am ok with.

For what its worth, I have gotten the same answer every time I've called and I've talked to three different employees. They cannot confirm in store availability but they will have "some" in stock. I am really hoping they are just plugging the 23rd due to lack of devices. I guess I will know when I go there tomorrow.

I'll provide an update tomorrow, around 1030 EST :)

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Note 4 Verizon Edge Policy Change - Note 4 now better deal?

So Verizon very quietly just changed their Edge program. Doing the math, if you plan to keep your phone for 2 years, it is a great deal. The downside is, edging up is pretty much not an option anymore, or rather, not really worth it.
Here's the new "deal". No longer 20 payments, its back to 24. Now you have to pay off 75% of the phone before you can edge.
So the Note 4 is $29.14 for 24 months, if you have a 10 gb plan (don't judge me for losing my unlimited), you are only paying $4.19/mo or $100 over the life. Factor in your $200 Samsung trade in, and they are paying you $100 for the phone.
I am torn whether or not I am happy about this. On one hand, I am saving money in the long run. On the other hand, now you have to go 18 months just to edge, only 2 months earlier than last weeks fully pd off phone.
Thanks VZ for making me wait all this time w/ my plan completely set, now I have to start all over and reevaluate which way I am going to go.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Edge Policy Change - Note 4 now better deal?

Yes, you're paying less money monthly but I don't see it as a better deal cause you have to pay more in order to edge up. So either you wait for 18 months (not gonna happen for me) or you edge up early but still have to pay whatever you still have outstanding in order to reach the 75%. I'm not happy! But luckily, I pre-ordered the N4 and signed the Edge agreement before this new Edge plan came into effect. I don't have to worry about it until I want to edge up to the Note 5 next yr

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

Wonder how they will roll this out? I was on the original edge plan where I had to pay off 50%. But when I went to Edge Up,I was told I had to do 60%. I didn't really argue due to my specific case, but it still made me kinda mad.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

So Verizon very quietly just changed their Edge program. Doing the math, if you plan to keep your phone for 2 years, it is a great deal. The downside is, edging up is pretty much not an option anymore, or rather, not really worth it.
Here's the new "deal". No longer 20 payments, its back to 24. Now you have to pay off 75% of the phone before you can edge.
So the Note 4 is $29.14 for 24 months, if you have a 10 gb plan (don't judge me for losing my unlimited), you are only paying $4.19/mo or $100 over the life. Factor in your $200 Samsung trade in, and they are paying you $100 for the phone.
I am torn whether or not I am happy about this. On one hand, I am saving money in the long run. On the other hand, now you have to go 18 months just to edge, only 2 months earlier than last weeks fully pd off phone.
Thanks VZ for making me wait all this time w/ my plan completely set, now I have to start all over and reevaluate which way I am going to go.
If you already pre-ordered the phone it would be under the old plan wouldn't it?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Yeah this ruins the whole upgrade early part. They are increasing the plan discounts thus making it purely a phone payment plan option. I'll have to seriously consider dumping Verizon now. The original edge was a great idea. Then they changed it to 60% now 75% basically copying AT&T's Next terms. very disappointing. Dare I mention T-mobile again! I'll miss Verizon's superior coverage , but at least T-Mobile hasn't backed away from their original Jump terms like Verizon keeps doing.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

From Verizon Edge FAQ:

Note to customers with Edge Agreements signed between 6/1/14 and 10/15/14: You’ll keep your 20-month Edge Agreement, and you’ll have the option to Edge Up to a new device after paying 60% of the original device and returning the original device to us in good working condition.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

But AT&T still allows you to upgrade after 12 months. You can also do 18 but I like the 12 month option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia