Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon - Preorders, shipping and arrivals

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Edge Policy Change - Note 4 now better deal?

My plan all along was to get it on Edge and make some larger payments to get it paid off a lot quicker, so the 12 vs. 18 month thing is of no consequence to me. Verizon is simply hoping people will make the minimum payments and they have you on the string longer.

You can't make larger payments. You can only do a one time down payment when you initially sign up for Edge

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

If you're on a 10GB plan, you can put down $100 as your down payment at time of purchase and it'll bring your monthly cost down to $25. So with the $25 discount you essentially payed only $100 for the phone and can upgrade in 18 months versus $299 + $30 upgrade fee to upgrade in 24 months again.

It still works out on the lower price plans with the $15 discount. You out $100 down and essentially pay an extra $10 a month. After 18 months you have now paid $280 for $330.

I actually am starting to like the new EDGE pricing. Cost wise, it's so much better than buying most phones on a two year agreement. But it also defeats the main purpose of EDGE initially, which was to get a new phone a whole lot more frequent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

The only thing about VZW is that they don't allow you to pay alittle more each month, they expect either a down payment OR you can pay off the full remaining balance. At least that's what I was told by multiple CS agents. But nothing is stopping you from putting $ to the side each month and paying it off when you're ready to upgrade.

And I have had several tell me I could. Left hand does not know what right hand is doing.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

If you're on a 10GB plan, you can put down $100 as your down payment at time of purchase and it'll bring your monthly cost down to $25. So with the $25 discount you essentially payed only $100 for the phone and can upgrade in 18 months versus $299 + $30 upgrade fee to upgrade in 24 months again.

It still works out on the lower price plans with the $15 discount. You out $100 down and essentially pay an extra $10 a month. After 18 months you have now paid $280 for $330.

I actually am starting to like the new EDGE pricing. Cost wise, it's so much better than buying most phones on a two year agreement. But it also defeats the main purpose of EDGE initially, which was to get a new phone a whole lot more frequent.

When I asked Verizon if I could make a voluntary down payment, they said absolutely not. Go figure.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

You should be able to. It's kind of like a lease.

Granted, at the end of it all you'd still be paying the same down payment or not, but I recommend the $100 down on a phone like this to try and keep your bill(10GB+ Plan) the same.

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Good point. I still think EDGE is almost always better than a 2 year contract. It's just that EDGE is much worse than other carrier's installment plans now.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

And I have had several tell me I could. Left hand does not know what right hand is doing.

These two are directly from the Edge VZW FAQ's, which can be found at Verizon Edge FAQs | Verizon Wireless
Can I make a down payment when I buy a new device with Verizon Edge?

Yes, you can make a down payment to reduce your monthly Edge payment. However, the total down payment can’t exceed 75% of the full retail price of the device.
Note: To participate in the Verizon Edge program, some customers may be required to make a down payment based on credit criteria.
Can I pay more than my scheduled monthly Verizon Edge installment?

No, unless you are either seeking to Edge Up to a new device, which requires that at the time of the Edge Up transaction you pay at least 75% of the device (50% for customers with an Edge Agreement entered prior to 6/1/14, 60% for customers with an Edge Agreement entered between 6/1/14 and 10/15/14) following the initial 30 days of the Verizon Edge Agreement; or you are seeking to pay off 100% of your Verizon Edge Agreement, which you may do at any time.

pmaisonet

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Verizon Note 4 shipping status....

The status is nothing actually.

As a VZW customer waiting for my Note 4 I just felt left out and jealous with all these Sprint, ATT and Tmo posts about shipping status. Ugh....Haha

91DBrown

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note 4 shipping status....

It's only one week away. At least we get the chance to see which cases/screen protectors are good and which ones aren't.

Posted via the Android Central App

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

It's only one week away. At least we get the chance to see which cases/screen protectors are good and which ones aren't.

Posted via the Android Central App

well damn, not for me, bc i buy them before the phone so I have it for them! haha

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

The status is nothing actually.

As a VZW customer waiting for my Note 4 I just felt left out and jealous with all these Sprint, ATT and Tmo posts about shipping status. Ugh....Haha

10/23 hasn't changed and won't change. Just deal with it already

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I posted this on another thread. I am hoping there is truth to it.

I've called the Corporate Verizon Store for the past three consecutive days and talked to three different customer service reps. They all say the same thing. They will have limited stock but cannot confirm its availability. I am going to the Verizon Store first thing tomorrow a.m. and will be hopefully posting pics of the beauty by 11 a.m. 'ish EST

for what its worth you should call your local corporate store too.

On another Note i've devised a plan..sort of. I can pre-order the Note 4 at the Verizon store, cancel the pre-order buy the phone, trade in my old iPhone 4, send my receipts and get $200 back from Sammy with a brand new Verizon Note 4 on the 17th.

Sounds to good to be true, so it probably is. One can only hope!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

My Verizon shipping status is........................ZERO! :'(

I've checked it a few hundred times already.

Only another 7 days to go for us loyal Verizon customers.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

I called Verizon yesterday and was told they'd be in the stores this Friday (the 17th).

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

I called Verizon yesterday and was told they'd be in the stores this Friday (the 17th).

That sure would make a preorder pointless if you can just walk in and get it in the store before preorders online even ship out.

Posted via Android Central App

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

That sure would make a preorder pointless if you can just walk in and get it in the store before preorders online even ship out.

Posted via Android Central App

Then you couldn't take advantage of the $200 promo.

Note 2 via Android Central App

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

Then you couldn't take advantage of the $200 promo.

Note 2 via Android Central App

On another Note i've devised a plan..sort of. I can pre-order the Note 4 at the Verizon store, cancel the pre-order buy the phone, trade in my old iPhone 4, send my receipts and get $200 back from Sammy with a brand new Verizon Note 4 on the 17th.

Sounds to good to be true, so it probably is. One can only hope!

Maybe....