Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon - Preorders, shipping and arrivals

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Edge Policy Change - Note 4 now better deal?

The other thing I should have mentioned in the discussion of bandwidth is that we have Wi-Fi everywhere here and I certainly have it in my own home. Access to Wi-Fi really does cut down on bandwidth usage especially if you are pretty steadfast about getting access to it where you can.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

The other thing I should have mentioned in the discussion of bandwidth is that we have Wi-Fi everywhere here and I certainly have it in my own home. Access to Wi-Fi really does cut down on bandwidth usage especially if you are pretty steadfast about getting access to it where you can.

You probably won't use very much then. Most of the plans now are geared towards family plans w/ multiple devices on it. We have 4 on one plan, so 10 is about the norm. I don't have wifi at work and in general I use between 2 and 3 GB a week with moderate usage.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

10/26 is the cut off. Starting today anyone pre-ordering with edge will be subject to the new terms.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note 4 shipping status....

I posted this on another thread. I am hoping there is truth to it.

I've called the Corporate Verizon Store for the past three consecutive days and talked to three different customer service reps. They all say the same thing. They will have limited stock but cannot confirm its availability. I am going to the Verizon Store first thing tomorrow a.m. and will be hopefully posting pics of the beauty by 11 a.m. 'ish EST

for what its worth you should call your local corporate store too.

On another Note i've devised a plan..sort of. I can pre-order the Note 4 at the Verizon store, cancel the pre-order buy the phone, trade in my old iPhone 4, send my receipts and get $200 back from Sammy with a brand new Verizon Note 4 on the 17th.

Sounds to good to be true, so it probably is. One can only hope!

I was told if you cancel a preorder, you will pay a $35 restock fee

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

You probably won't use very much then. Most of the plans now are geared towards family plans w/ multiple devices on it. We have 4 on one plan, so 10 is about the norm. I don't have wifi at work and in general I use between 2 and 3 GB a week with moderate usage.

I agree with this. I stay with T-Mobile due to me having coverage (that is always number 1 .. what good is a carrier if I can't get good signal where I work and play?) and since I have coverage all around Jacksonville (LTE) I can utilize the unlimited data. Work has wifi but it can barley stream music (not even joking) so I use my LTE 100% of the time there .. and that is where I use my phone the most (wifi at home) -- So I average ... a ton of GB each month .. So unlimited is nicest on the wallet :D.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Plus the promotion Verizon was running sort of pushed me to just getting the contract plan as well. I got the 2 GB for $60 a month plan and I am the only person on the plan. If I go over even as much as double I would be at 4 GB and that extra two would cost me an extra $30. So for me anything other than this was almost not be an option.

Here, you still have to know where your Wi-Fi is (obviously you know where it is in your own home) but you want to make sure you have spots you can go to outside your home and then just be aware of what you are doing. Drive that extra 100 yards to get in range of Wi-Fi instead of sitting there like a lump steaming away while the meter is running. If you are actually driving and watching streaming video....well....that is a whole different kind of a problem.

In my case, while the case I a have had the i4 in did a wonderful job of protecting it, it cut down on range of just about everything. I am actually looking forward to some improvement in range regardless of access type with the N4 on that score alone.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

When I go to My Verizon, I do not see any reference to my Pre Order. Where do you see the status??
I have an email from Verizon with an order status link. It shows I ordered it 9/24 and has the following comment:
Your order is processing. Your shipping details will be available soon.

Am I doing something wrong?

Same thing I'm looking at.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

It's only one week away. At least we get the chance to see which cases/screen protectors are good and which ones aren't.

Posted via the Android Central App

1 week away if you ordered black. I ordered white. It's saying ship 10/31 😕

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

So, I was just doing alittle digging, and AT&T's Next 12 program isn't all it's cracked up to be. Right now the payments for the N4 on the Next 12 program are $41.30 per month and you can upgrade in 12 months, which by that time you've paid $495.60 for the phone and if you choose to buy it outright, you would still be left with a balance remaining of $330.39 since AT&T prices the N4 at $825.99. With Verizon (under the new Edge plan) the payments are $29.16 and after the 18 months or 75% is paid, you've paid about $524.88... If you choose to pay the remaining balance you would only have to pay another $175.11 and its yours!! Obviously, the AT&T allows you to upgrade faster at 12 months but it's almost at the same cost. Long story short, I won't be leaving VZW for AT&T Next!! When I want to upgrade after I sign another Edge agreement, I'll just pay off the phone and resell it to recoup some $$

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

From Verizon Edge FAQ:

Note to customers with Edge Agreements signed between 6/1/14 and 10/15/14: You’ll keep your 20-month Edge Agreement, and you’ll have the option to Edge Up to a new device after paying 60% of the original device and returning the original device to us in good working condition.

Ok good to know! Thanks for posting this!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

Did you sign your edge agreement on the preorder? If so, you probably got it. If not, check the price on their website now.

I signed something online or they said the order would be canceled

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Ordered 9/24

Attachments

• 2014-10-16-15-57-25.jpg
    2014-10-16-15-57-25.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 84

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

On another Note i've devised a plan..sort of. I can pre-order the Note 4 at the Verizon store, cancel the pre-order buy the phone, trade in my old iPhone 4, send my receipts and get $200 back from Sammy with a brand new Verizon Note 4 on the 17th.

Sounds to good to be true, so it probably is. One can only hope!

Maybe....
Just a hunch but...
Pretty sure you need the sales receipt that comes in your preorder package. They don't actually charge you until the phone is received so none of the paperwork before you receive your package would be considered a valid proof of purchase.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz