Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon - Preorders, shipping and arrivals

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Edge Policy Change - Note 4 now better deal?

Under the old plan, w/ the $25 discount, it would cost you $120 over 12 months. You could essentially turn it in and get the newest phone. Your out $125 of rental. Now if you want the newest phone in 12 months, you are in for $4.19*12+$29.14*6= $225. So the "edge" part of the deal is much worse now.

What $25 discount? I get a $10 discount on my line?

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I have the edge program and once my account hits 60% I may or may not upgrade. If I don't I might just jump ship with At&t they have better plans. I've been with Verizon for quite sometime. But they are too expensive for me

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

With Edge there are so many variables, so I just went with the 10 GB/mo assumption because well that is my situation :). If you are not on a 10 gb/mo plan, then yes it is a $10/mo discount. You may want to evaluate your needs and what you want out of Edge. If you want to save money, you would be better off going to the new plan which gives $15 off/mo on plans under 10 GB. However, you will have to trade off the benefit of edging possibly at 12 months or 18 months on the new one. Its all trade offs at this point.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site

If you are at 10GB or above of shared data the discount for EACH line is $25 making the per line charge only $15. Below 10GB and the discount is $10/line.

Acturus1982

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

The 30 days wait it's only after you start the edge program. Once the phone is paid off there is no waiting period.

Actually they just rolled out that you have to wait 30 days after paying off an edge contract to do a new one

Acturus1982

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

Thanks, that's what I thought! I've been reading my Edge agreement over and over and the only mention of a 30 wait I could find is once you start a new agreement.
Direct quote from Verizon Infocenter

Edge Buyout

•Customers can buyout their Edge device after 30 days on their Edge Agreements
•Payment is Final and Non-Reversible
•Customer keeps the device
•Customers must wait 30 days before enrolling MDN in new Edge agreement
•Eligibility dates reset immediately

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Actually they just rolled out that you have to wait 30 days after paying off an edge contract to do a new one

Where is the link to this new requirement? Cause it's not anywhere in the VZW.com Edge FAQ's or in my Edge contract

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

The straw that broke this camels back. That's it then, this will be my last Edge with Verizon.

*Edit* Then again I could simply use the phone for 30 more days, then sell,recoup and start over. Still Verizon keeps changing and changing. Not good, God forbid, but I may start seriously looking at t-mobile for their Jump program.

Acturus1982

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

I'll see if I can track it down. After a little more digging I found it's for agreements signed after 9/11/14. That may be why you don't see it.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

*Edit* Then again I could simply use the phone for 30 more days, then sell,recoup and start over. Still Verizon keeps changing and changing. Not good, God forbid, but I may start seriously looking at t-mobile for their Jump program.

Exactly what I'll do! I'll make sure to pay off the phone at least 30 days before whatever new device I want will be released... Then get into a new Edge agreement, and finally sell my old phone to recoup my $$ :-D... Even though VZW is ridiculous with their ever changing terms on Edge, the new requirement is easy enough to get around

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

I'll see if I can track it down. After a little more digging I found it's for agreements signed after 9/11/14. That may be why you don't see it.

Hmm, I signed my agreement on 10/7 when I pre-ordered my N4

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

The straw that broke this camels back. That's it then, this will be my last Edge with Verizon.

If I didn't have to convince my wife to move all 3 of the other lines, I would be moving to T-mobile for 2 reasons:
A. much cheaper
B. Where I work (major city w/ LTE surrounding everywhere) I get 0.3 mb/s on LTE. I have used others around to verify its not my device. The T-mobile guy right next to me continually gets 8 mb/s. I can't watch a 2 min youtube video on LTE.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Curiosity got the better of me and I called into VZW CS :p... I asked if under the new 75% Edge program, would I have some kind of 30 day wait time if I decide to pay off the device in full rather then to 75% in order to Edge up... He said there's absolutely no wait, it's the same whether you pay it to 75% or if you pay in full. I know it can be a hit or miss with some of the CS reps, but I wanted to call in anyway lol.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

I called and got the same answer no wait. I also have not seen that online anywhere.

If It is true It doesn't make a bit of sense. If I paid for the device in full. Why should I have to wait. You got your money.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

If its true I guess to discourage customers from buying out. They probably more money if you pay 75% and then trade in. Only reason I could see.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

I found out a new little tidbit of info regarding Edge and paying off a device... Apparently, if you decide to pay off the device, but you want to keep doing Edge, it wouldn't be considered "Edging Up" unless you turn in your device... Since you own it outright, you would have to be "upgrade eligible" in order to enter into a new agreement. So if I'm understanding this correctly, what that means is, if you went on Edge, decided to pay the phone off in 12 months, its yours to keep BUT since you've just upgraded only 1 yr before, you wouldn't be considered to be "upgrade eligible" and therefore, you would NOT be able to enter into another Edge agreement :-\ The only way to be able to upgrade every 12 (if you've paid it off to 60% or 75% depending on when you signed ur agreement) and continue on Edge, would be to NOT pay it off completely, and turn in your Edge device to qualify for an "Edge up."

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Can you link to where you saw this? This seems odd

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note 4 shipping status....

Just 6 more days...6 really long days until we can enjoy our new Note 4 devices :'(

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Can you link to where you saw this? This seems odd

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3
I called into CS again because the 1st time I called I didn't make it clear that if I paid off the device, I wouldn't be using it to Edge up.. So I made it clear my intentions would be to go into Edge agreement, but pay it off and keep it and that's what I was told.
But if you look at the VZW Edge FAQ page, on number 1 it says;
**To be eligible to Edge Up, your original Edge device must be returned in good working condition and have no significant damage as determined by Verizon Wireless.**

On Number 3 it says;
**To be eligible for Verizon Edge, your device must be eligible for an upgrade**

So what she told me makes sense based on the FAQ page, but it doesn't make it not suck!!

Here's the page in case you want to look it over. Verizon Edge FAQs | Verizon Wireless

EDITED TO ADD: The only solution she could offer me is if another line on my family plan was eligible for upgrade, I could take it and start a new Edge agreement. But that doesn't work for me, I wouldn't do that to my hubby or my daughter.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX