Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon - Preorders, shipping and arrivals

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note 4 shipping status....

This still sucks. I accept, but most importantly I expect this process (waiting on the sideline while others advance in their mastery of the machine). Yet, there's still a pang there.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

It is ok. Gives me something to look forward to. I'll take the day off and wait for FedEx. Then be super excited as I open the box for the first time.

Wait time is almost over.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Re: Verizon Edge Policy Change - Note 4 now better deal?

I called into CS again because the 1st time I called I didn't make it clear that if I paid off the device, I wouldn't be using it to Edge up.. So I made it clear my intentions would be to go into Edge agreement, but pay it off and keep it and that's what I was told.
But if you look at the VZW Edge FAQ page, on number 1 it says;
**To be eligible to Edge Up, your original Edge device must be returned in good working condition and have no significant damage as determined by Verizon Wireless.**

On Number 3 it says;
**To be eligible for Verizon Edge, your device must be eligible for an upgrade**

So what she told me makes sense based on the FAQ page, but it doesn't make it not suck!!

Here's the page in case you want to look it over. Verizon Edge FAQs | Verizon Wireless

EDITED TO ADD: The only solution she could offer me is if another line on my family plan was eligible for upgrade, I could take it and start a new Edge agreement. But that doesn't work for me, I wouldn't do that to my hubby or my daughter.
You could always call customer retention. That's what I did and they let me edge a year and a half before my contact was eligible. There it's always a way.

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site

Basically the edge plan is nothing more than a rental plan with no residual value if you choose to upgrade your device under 2 years.

mrsmoore78

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

I visited a Best Buy this evening and spoke to the Samsung rep, who is a Verizon customer. He said even HE cannot get his hands on the N4 until the 23rd. He's as frustrated as all of us. SIGH. Guess we just have to wait it out.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

Verizon store employees only want to deal with you if they are making money off you. They have right out lied to me. I wouldn't trust a corporate Verizon store employee ever.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I am not sure if the reps are trained not to say "I don't know" when they don't know the answer. In my experience, they just make up an answer whenever they don't know the answer to our queries.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

I visited a Best Buy this evening and spoke to the Samsung rep, who is a Verizon customer. He said even HE cannot get his hands on the N4 until the 23rd. He's as frustrated as all of us. SIGH. Guess we just have to wait it out.

This wait is nothing. The real pain lies in waiting for the OTA upgrades which seem to take forever. I have a feeling we will have to wait months after some other carriers get their Lollipop upgrade before we get ours. And I am not going to root my phone just to get a custom ROM.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

It is ok. Gives me something to look forward to. I'll take the day off and wait for FedEx. Then be super excited as I open the box for the first time.

Wait time is almost over.

I am toying with the idea of taking a day off too ...lol

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

You could always call customer retention. That's what I did and they let me edge a year and a half before my contact was eligible. There it's always a way.

Was that your 1st Edge agreement? While that's always an option, it's a gamble and you would probably only be able to get away with it a few times before they stop you in your tracks. Prior to coming to VZW, I was with Tmo for 12 yrs. Every time I wanted to upgrade early, I would speak to someone in customer retention and they would always give me an early upgrade, but after getting my way countless times, they put an end to it. I basically told them if they didn't allow me an early upgrade, I had every intention of leaving and they still didn't budge lol. I don't blame them for putting an end to it, and to be honest, I would've left eventually anyway. Once I left NYC for PA, my data coverage went from great to terrible!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

I have done it a several times but I have 5 lines. So I mix it up. I have been with them for years. Never had an issue. Althoguh I suspect eventually they will catch on. I do it rarely though. I most often pay full price for devices throughout the year. Most recently the G3. In will sell the g3 when the note 4 arrives.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

I would want to do it every 12 months lol! I'll just keep my fingers crossed that by the time I want to Edge up things have changed... AGAIN!! :confused:

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

Let's face it the current iteration of the edge plan sucks. How honey explained it is how I understand it. You have to trade in your phone in order to edge up, so the idea of paying it off early and selling it won't work. At least I can't see how they can change it again and make it any worse so I would think this would be it for changes.

Are people who are trading in their phones to edge up counting that as a trade in phone for the Samsung phone trade in promotion? I thought it wouldn't be eligible for that but maybe I'm wrong?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Well since Best Buy didn't get any stock for walk ins, I just decided to preorder on Verizon's website. And like Prakash99, I may take that day off for "new phone day". Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site

From what I understand in order to edge up sooner than 24 months they want at least 75% paid for the device plus the device itself even if you've paid 100%. The only way you can keep the device is if you hold onto it for the full 24 months.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site

This wait is nothing. The real pain lies in waiting for the OTA upgrades which seem to take forever. I have a feeling we will have to wait months after some other carriers get their Lollipop upgrade before we get ours. And I am not going to root my phone just to get a custom ROM.

I'm going to root immediately, debloat it and wait for Sbreen over at XDA to get his hands on the next firmware update... He usually releases the new firmware before Verizon actually does haha.

Chuondroid

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: This guy got his Verizon Note 4.

Details please...

1. Did you get it in the mail, vzw store, bb, etc?
2. What state are you in?
3. Show pics (nevermind I see the one pic)
4. What kind of verizon bloat ware is there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy